a shady goblin/an angry goblin

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Magician, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Magician New Member

Is the ridiculously long respawn timers on these guys necessary? I have been enjoying doing these old kunark quests that I had never done before but after spending many hours capping faction from max kos to just sit here and stare at a wall with 5-10 other people it has begun to lose its fun factor. The 2 solutions I have heard involve exploiting Multiquesting 1 ring many times or exploiting pick zone spawning. This questline already has the difficult bottleneck of getting a Spirit Wracked Urn so I don't see why these super long respawn timers are needed for these turn in goblins.

I cannot possibly be on 24hrs a day to try and snipe these turn in guys and do the quest the legit way. A disappointment.
    xaga likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

I would like to see this fixed as well. But the good news is the daisy chain thing still works. Also, the item is so good it takes you well into luclin so it's actually a good investment in that sense.

You really have to weigh paying a lot of time now for something you use over a very long time. I can easily see a casual player taking this item into planes of power, so that's a really powerful piece of gear all things considered.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

not all things in life are meant to be done by all people.
  4. Febb Augur

Hi. Welcome to classic EQ.
  5. Fluid Augur

Something that works for me because of my sensibilities. I pick characters based on their ability to go without the nice perks and I play more then one at a time. So for instance, Testament of Vanear is a highly sought out item, but I can level w/o it.

What happens is I wait for a server patch. Immediately after a server patch I login and the contested MOBs, Dyllin Starshine in this case, is popped with the server reboot and all the people camping him with BOTs or alarms are gone. Pretty much works the same for just about any rare MOB in my experience.

*BUT* like I said, I will play another character or server while the wait goes on. If you can't wait, you can't wait and I understand.
  6. Aegir Augur

Do your first Raid log outside Warslik Woods zone in FoB, zone in the moment log is taken have one rdy to do hand-in when Pick Spawns. Do Last Log in Dreadlands and zone into to Frontier Mountains when log is taken and have a squad rdy to pick over and do hand-in/kill when new pick spawns.

Else, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=8458

You have 3 months of Kunark. The drop rate on the Cord is basically a lottery ticket. At least the Leggins sell good during Kunark.
  7. Guzzle Augur

Popping picks is the way to go, but unscrupulous individuals will try and gank your turn in, or your triggered mob.

Good luck, I agree the bottlenecks are ridiculous. Heck, there are many trivial quests in Kunark that are artificially gated by respawn timers.

"Not everyone was meant to be able to get everything" went out the window is a viable argument when everything was made accessible by pick zones and instancing, by the way.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

And yet here we are, having this conversation again and again....
  9. Magician New Member

an ingame week is 504 minutes which should mean a shady goblin should be on a 8hr 24min respawn instead of 24 hours.

I assume an angry goblin is taking the report to Chief Rok'Gus who is in the same zone as him, does it really take 60 ingame days to travel inside droga?
    Tymeless likes this.
  10. Meredyth Augur

I disagree. Just because accessibility to many things has been improved doesn’t mean that everything has to be equally accessible. “Not everyone was meant to get everything is one of the reasons why this game has staying power where others don’t. Some of the crowd who plays this game is drawn to it at least partly for this reason and if you turn it into fully instanced everyone gets everything that crowd will leave. We get irritated when people come here and try to change the game we love because of a sense of entitlement.

It isn’t a circa 1999 design either. Rogue likes are a thriving genre where not everybody gets everything every run and people love it. Lots of games these days have unlocks where you have to invest stupid amounts of time to get access to something, and people love those too. Just because some of the unlocks in those games are easy doesn’t mean they all have to be and your sense of accomplishment when you unlock them would be lessened if they were made readily accessible.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Spirit Wracked Urn is not the bottleneck, the ring is, a group of 6 can kill Drusella and there is an AoC, might take a coupe runs, but its 100% do-able.

Both goblins spawn on server/zone up and on a new pick.

A Shady Goblin has a respawn between 18.5 and 20.5 hours based on a number of observations and An Angry Goblin has a respawn between 54 and 60 hours.

If you don't want to camp there 24/7 to get a reference try using / uptime to set your lower bound. Camp out there every day so when you start/finish your play secession you might luck out. Or have your guild finish raids in the zones. Like someone else said, you've got 3 months to do this "in era" and even longer if you really want it and now the Warlord loot locks to the turn in so even low DPS classes can get this done w/o worrying about an SK or two KSing you.
  12. Magician New Member

Nice, shady goblin spawned and was gone in less than 1 millisecond. Never even visibly showed up on my screen, guess only west coasters with low ping get to participate in some of these quests. A+ design.
  13. Tierdal Augur

yall should be thanking your lucky stars that i got them to fix the quest so they cant KS you, because it was totally acceptable for people to come in and KS skargus from you after your turn in.

OTherwise just suck it up and camp the spawn
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you aren't using scripts for these stupid type of spawns you aren't competing as my friend says.
  15. Blastoff Augur

Is it bad game design? Yes. Did this game design persist? No. Keep in mind you are playing a classic experience that was at the forefront of the genre. You can live without the rings. If you really want them join a guild, make some friends, pop a pick, spend some dkp and obtain a bis item. Solo camping this is absurd, not sure why anyone would even try. But its a unique experience that exists nowhere in modern gaming. All you need to retrieve the rings is friends. A monumental task, I know.
  16. Truetotheblue Augur

Fun fact while Skargus is in fact a spawned mob he did not fall under the loot lock umbrella and still functions as he did previously. Did this quest recently and he did not spawn as locked. Bring a team with you if you want to keep your spawn.
  17. Guzzle Augur

To my knowledge, Magic and Melee has not ganked a triggered mob that would cause anyone to lose quest progress. The only instance I'm aware of is when a single person tried to gank our turn-in from a pick we popped and lost the DPS race on the ensuing mob. In instances like that, we won't be doormats to get walked on. We won't go out of the way to steal any spawns, though. If people want to compete and contest, we will definitely entertain it!

If any of my members have ganked other trigger spawns that could cause someone to lose progress, I would love to hear about it!

Side note, if you're going to follow me around in every thread to trash talk, you need to find something better to do.
  18. Fizon Elder

Lol nice flip on that from last week when I asked you to stop stalking me ;) you seem like a decent guy Guz which is why I didn't try to argue with you before. Your just a bit naive when it comes to your guild is all.
    Guzzle likes this.
  19. That0neguy Augur

So another person beat you to the turn in. Then you stole the mob? Or am I not understanding.

Also didn't DBG change it so even if you steal the mob the other person gets the item from mobs like this?
  20. Guzzle Augur

Person tried to screw us over, ended up screwing themselves over, it all comes out in the wash, I guess.

Not everything is properly locked, it seems, including multiple epic mobs.