Paladin spell damage question

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Silverstone, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Riposte. And a bard/shaman combo.
  2. Metapsyche Augur

Truth. Overall i’ll say it’s confirmed that casting spells > not casting, and Paladins should basically be casting 100% of the time weather its nukes, stuns, htot, or actual heals. As for the 400k dps stuff... meh. Personally I’d rather switch to a different toon for raids than stick a Paladin randomly in a dps group (assuming the group has a Shaman already and we’re not short on tanks).

Seeing that there’s almost 0 actual itemization in the game anymore, spell damage vs healing for gear should probably be weighted equally on Paladins.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Yeah. Enchanter and Druid both have ADPS for paladin spells and abilities too. I'm almost always in a tank group so I don't have a feel for which combo is best. Sometimes I get a Druid and use Blunted Blade with Black Wolf.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Last week we were lagging bad, some of our big dps was benched so stratos boss took 65 seconds. I was in a group with 0 adps (tank group). I didn't use dragon magic focus potion, or anything crazy, just a spell weave and self discs and such.

Did 233k dps. Will try and see if they'll put me in a group with adps just to test it this week, or at least hit everything I can on my own to see where it goes.

Interesting chart, 10 seconds to ramp dps us then was pretty stable at about 250k the entire time:

[IMG]

From other fights, after about 60-70 seconds we start slowly fading off as things fade. So 60 seconds or less is probably the longest fight that can be considered for "optimal" dps numbers.
  5. Defjam Journeyman

Is this your rotation as well Yep? "Rotation was Crush, Remem, Cons, Brill, Censure, Admon, Laud"? I've been using Rememb+Consc+Laud+Elegy instead of Censure and Admon on burns due to their longer casting times.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

For that one:

Remembrance
    Crush
    Crush
    Consecration
    Brilliant

mostly, with DP also. If all are on cool down (every other round or so), then censure.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If I had thought about it, I would have dropped second crush for laudation.
  8. tyrantula Elder

the only time I top the DPS charts is when i'm doing group content with a bunch of randoms and they're barely breaking lvl 100.

our dps is laughable, i don't even really attempt it anymore.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I box a bard, shaman, and zerker, so with high dps popping burns I see some decent numbers before the named die. But of course, the zerker is doing 3x as much as me lol.
    tyrantula likes this.
  10. Metapsyche Augur

Thanks for sharing the chart and rotation! Nice to see what the pros are pushing. I’ll try to find some good burns in the 90-120a range next week to compare. I’m guessing it’ll be fairly close but I’m always looking for more data lol. Goal of this thread has now become “maximizing Paladins dps to be less crummy” haha
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Lol fair enough, well that's kinda been the undertone in this thread. Yee old Paladins know that their best pure DPS spell set is stacking the Elegy line from top to bottom, with Brilliant, DP, and maybe Crush of Compunction or Denouncement lines mixed in there for other reasons.

/nod Shiftie
    shiftie likes this.
  12. shiftie Augur

Aww shucks

On the real though, it amazes me how often this comes up and every couple of years how it gets re-shared like new info. I feel like the old guard has either all quit or stopped caring. There needs to be a new resurgence of serverwide.paladins:paladins. For tunare’s sake the other thread was discussing the delay after casting a burst.

We should probably info dump stacking dps mods and best practices like when to forceful etc
    Metapsyche, Allayna and Defjam like this.
  13. Banader New Member

So funny. I am the paladin Silverstone talked to, I was referring to someone in Brohgs guild. It's funny how you totally missed the point and failed to understand any of it. Please continue meddling in mediocrity.