What's Up With OMM in Anguish?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I've been going back and finishing off a few epic 2.0s on Phinny. That means Anguish runs for globes. I figured while I was there I'd kill OMM. I didn't bother with clicking masks or the two lieutenant adds. I killed the lashers when they spawned but basically just beat on OMM the entire time.

On the first attempt I got banished to Ture room once or twice, after which I got OMM to 5% and he never would go any lower. After beating on him for 5 minutes while reading strats to see what I missed, I gave up.

Second time through (different instance) I got banished 3 times to Ture room. I gave up at that point. I was fighting OMM on his platform so maybe that was the problem. Each time I came back from being banished OMM had completely reset and was at 100% health. Tracking indicated he had just spawned (not 100% sure on this). I ran back up to his room immediately at bard speed so timing wasn't the problem.

Does anyone have any insight into what I'm doing wrong or if OMM is bugged?
  2. EQDime New Member

Just did Anguish on EMarr for fun and had no issue, got Banished at 19%, ran back and completed kill without issue, unsure if this is different on a TLP.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you pull him to the doorway or kill him on his platform?
  4. EQDime New Member

Sorry forgot to mention, just fought on platform and let adds die to my DS.
  5. Prathun Developer

The event logic for Overlord Mata Muram is the same across all servers.
  6. Meredyth Augur

When you get banished to Ture at 20%, after running back to the click up to Vangl/OMM, if you click up but do not engage nearly immediately, he will despawn and respawns at 100% and you have to do the Ture banish again. You have to immediately engage on click up; if you do then he stays at whatever % he was at when you got banished and he can be DPSd to zero.
    Aneuren likes this.
  7. Meredyth Augur

You can sit outside the click up for quite a while as well, but as soon as anybody actually enters OMM’s room you have to engage right away.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

To add to this, don't click in until you are absolutely ready to engage. Engage from as far a distance as you can once you click up, to avoid his respawn. It's been like this for a long while, at least since Fippy from what I remember. If you're really on top of things, you can try waiting for a server tick to hit right before you click in.
  9. Jaera Augur

This isn't that mechanic.

I had this happen several weeks ago when I plowed Anguish for some returning guildmates, OMM never ported me and wouldn't go below 5%. I gated out then ran back and tried again, this time I got ported and when I engaged again, he died as normal.

Someone suggested it might have to do with pushing him to the riftseeker phase while he's trying to gaze at someone, so the only thing different I tried was to make sure a gaze wasn't due when I pushed him.
  10. Falconii New Member

Well, tonight it worked. I pulled him off his platform but I doubt that was the key. I did engage him immediately this time after port and click back. Perhaps before, since I was 5 boxing, and it was taking me 30-45 seconds to click everyone up and engage that the timer just expired. This time I clicked and immediately tagged with the SK and then clicked the others up. Thanks all.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Oops, posted on wrong account. ;)
    Aneuren likes this.
  12. Protagonist Tank

Protip - when he goes below 40% or so, say "Worlds" to him again.

It avoids all of the issues described above.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You haven't done OMM in awhile huh?
    Moege likes this.
  14. Gana Augur

I ran Anguish about a month or so ago with my 106 paladin on Xegony solo just to do it (and got some 2.0 globes for some alts). Had no issues. I think the haste clicky even doubled my DPS! Now to grind out the faction for the BP.
  15. Protagonist Tank

Two months ago. Did the above - No 5% glitch, didn't get sent to Ture's room, no problems, no interruptions.