DBG store item request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goodkitty, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Then the price is lowered bellow cost of creation.
    You also hit the point where there is a buyers psychology of "I't so cheap, it must be worthless, so I'm not even going to waste that much money on it."
    I'm probably not phrasing it correctly, but there *IS* such a thing.
    Duder and code-zero like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

In the end there is another reason.
    Each additional illusion is another chunk of memory used.

We feel that having some new illusions is vital to each expansion.
    We have prioritized our memory use towards expansion illusions, and the illusions within heritage packs, as both of these are proven sellers.
    Aneuren, Duder and code-zero like this.
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I'd still like to see the port clickies offered from past expansions offered again for dbc. And not within a mystery pack with a chance to get one, but a direct 1:1 buy.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Froglok Augur

Yes, but they have changed it in last few years.
  5. Froglok Augur

Gratz. Unfortunately for me, zero, for reasons noted below.
  6. Froglok Augur

Yep

Yep. Exactly. :)

I got zero dropped from MOB's, zero for achievements, zero for tradeskill stuffs... and was able to get in on zero raids and zero groups (always full... or AFK or in PoK...).
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

This is a real thing, but also if they're not selling currently, you might be able to conclude you haven't hit that point yet. They are priced in line with skins in other games, but in other games those skins apply to your account, not just a single character.

For me at least, the fact that these are per character and not per account means I am not incentivized to buy them as I do not only play one character. As they are now, they are too expensive to have to buy multiple times. If they were per account I would buy some of them.

The cost of creation is certainly a factor to consider, but selling something for less than you originally listed it is better than selling little to none of something for your original price point. I obviously don't have access to the numbers, but how many people buy multiples of the same illusion across characters and servers? How many more might buy the illusion in the first place if they weren't deterred by the prospect of having to decide which character to buy it for?
  8. Genjo Lorekeeper

<Business Pricing> I have 20 years experience in pricing, selling policies and revenue policy. Not claiming to be an expert but sharing what I am have learned over the years.

Once a product is produced, those costs are consider "sunk costs". Costs which have already been paid. Once an item is produced, using the cost of production as a determining factor for price is a flaw. The cost of production should be a huge factor in determining the feasible of the creation. Example if you know that new models for the game cost $100k and you could only re-coop $50k, you should not make the new models (which I believe has been something the team has reviewed regularly).

However once produced, if you forecasted incorrectly and the items did not produce the amount of revenue expected you need to find ways to create revenue opportunities without undermining your pricing strategy. Your team has done well on this by creating "sales" to create demand at a lower price point.

You should have charts which show the number of units sold for each item and the price point and sales date that can show life-time revenue generated. At some point, you as a producer need to determine that even sales are not working and the price of the item should reduced to move. Think of clearance items at Walmart.

Once an item has been moved to clearance, the next way to create demand is to remove from rotation. Think of Disney and their films, they rotate them out of the selling market to increase demand for older movies.

The fact that you are dealing with digital assets, which do not have value in the virtual world actually lowers the value dramatically as the game popularity changes. If I were in Daybreak's shoes, I would review the analysis of sales and adjust pricing on low volume assets down for a 30 day period and see the affect of those times. A lower pricing model on low selling items, would reveal the possible price elasticity to the item and give you a better understanding if a lower price point in fact create a large revenue bump.

Just my two cents (thanks for the game, I enjoy playing it)
    Prathun and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Well, just in case, let me know if that very tiny LoN Bixie illusion is coming up anytime, or that massive LoN Dragon illusion.

WTB so bad!
  10. Hadesborne Augur

Ok another suggestion, How about this: Sell an ornamet making box, and when you put an item in said box and hit combine, it gives you back the original item AND an ornament that gives the look of that item. The box would be used up in the combine. That way people could make every weapon they like into an ornament later on once the item isnt useful as gear anymore.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They've already commented this would be monumentally way too much work. It would mean creating a new item for every weapon in the game.

It will never happen no matter how much it might seem like a great money making venture. Too much 'front-loaded' work without a penny realized until totally completed.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Everything they do is front-loaded work without a penny realized until totally completed.

I could see the argument that having to make a separate item for every item in the game because you don't know what items players will want to make ornaments for would require far too many resources, most of which would surely be wasted as no one ever ends up making a Rusty Short Sword ornament.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If it helps at all expansion illusions have never been a selling point for me. Of course not a big fan or user of illusions anyway so don't listen to me.
  14. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Have you ever considered adding player model illusion clicks. I would buy ogre illusion, troll illusion, gnome illusion x3 on 3 accounts. Much more appealing to your TLP fanbase rather than some horrible looking vampires etc.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

They have actually. Player made potions are in from classic.
  16. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Sure and enchanters can project too. Having unlimited clicks is what people want and you know it. But keep on being you.
  17. Zinkeh Augur

I just want a gnoll pet illusion. Splitpaw style.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its fine to have clicks but when you have enchanter charm getting nerfed, clarity in a bottle, haste in a bottle, and now the basic illusions for coin, at what point do we just put pbae stun in a bottle and just delete the enc class?

Keep the mm in mmorpg please.
  19. AcemoneyFV Augur

This is a pretty popular theme for mobile gaming. They never keep much of anything besides energy packs up yearly. Some packs are only up once a year on a few of the games I play. It's literally all people talk about the last quarter of the year, until release date.

Doesn't EQ already do this with Heritage / LoN crates though? They should have some data on if this is a good method for EQ. Maybe expand it into the Marketplace for certain items as a test?
  20. Qwick New Member

This is most likely close, but not exactly the right place for this request but:
    Aegis of Midnight Ornamentation please