Wizards on TLP Servers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Trevalon Augur

If your wizards are not topping or close to topping in all expansions Classic > PoP except Kunark then you should find new Wizards or teach them how to play correctly.

Kunark is the only expansion where Wizards get a little shafted cause their spell upgrades are lures and droughts and generally the dmg loss is not worth the less resists. Sure there are some fights they do very well on but Kunark is definitely the worst xpac for Wizards through PoP.

Once they hit Velious though your wizards should easily be back up in the top DPS ranks on most mobs with a few exceptions here or there, and come Luclin > PoP they should almost always be top DPS.

That is why guilds want Wizards. Unfortunately Wizards are not as good in the group game and grousp would rather get a Chanter/Mage/Necro over a Wizard for sustained DPS making it more difficult to level as a Wizard and thus Wizards tend to quit playing easier. So you have guilds who want 6-10 Wizards in their raids but Wizards are actually fairly rare compared to other casters so everyone has a "High" need on their site.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

I understand people want to be on top parses or whatever, but being in a raiding guild isn't really about hitting the top parsing numbers....it's about taking those targets down (especially fun things like races in open world) and working as a team.

Then again, what the do I know? I rolled a Paladin/Shaman as my mains.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  3. Opimo Journeyman

Tears line of spells offset the Lures. The bonus is being able to AOE and kill people if they're feared by dragons.
  4. -wycca Augur

Can always time it after the AE's to avoid that, but not nearly as fun as it is killing a necro who is trying to outparse you =P
  5. malaki Augur

That wasn't my experience with Trak, and the other "good fights" were fights that largely get ignored once you're into the expansion. Again, it's not awful the way PoSky was awful, but lure fights were still not fun.
  6. kizant Augur

I understand many of the words you have typed but I have no idea what you're trying to say! All I see is "something something top parsing numbers something something". Can anyone translate this to wizard?
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Anyone who is in a raiding guild as a dps class should realize that their entire purpose is to try to put out as much dps as possible (IE hit those top parsing numbers.) If you are playing a dps in raid guild and you aren't trying to put out as much dps as possible, you aren't doing your job (obviously excepting those scenarios where you need to be doing something else--like rangers ccing adds with roots, or mobs that need to be balanced instead of blown up.)
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This is one way to out parse monks.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

I just want to leave this here:

10. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

So, Wiz get better during OoW, or after meaning DoN?