Largest class die offs ever.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Do any of you remember ther largest class die off nerfs and what were they ?
  2. code-zero Augur

When they changed Bard PB AE DOT's to only hit stationary mobs
    potatoface and Whulfgar like this.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

I wouldn't say this affected just one class specifically as it was a blanket nerf to quite a few but, the great mass killing nerf of February 2014. It completely changed the PLing scene. Headshot, assassinate, beams, swarming. People had to adjust their playstyle or move on. I would wager a guess that a lot of classes made just for those reasons stopped getting played.
    Vdidar, Whulfgar and AcemoneyFV like this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Yeah nerfing all the swarm exploits at once was pretter harsh
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. code-zero Augur

Another smaller one was when they changed Bard dicho so that a bard wasn't an infinite mana pump that could let casters run at full burn almost indefinitely. Lots of bards were made and leveled explicitly use that ability
  6. Maedhros High King

RIP Disconcerting nerf to berserkers.
    Systematic destruction of mages and their pets between TDS and ROS.
    The dark years for paladins between COTF and ROS.
    Any of a dozen various enchanter nerfs.
    potatoface and eepok like this.
  7. kizant Augur

Mages were very OP for the majority of RoS tho.
    Brohg likes this.
  8. Lilura Augur

Worst ever was a cleric heal agro bump around Kunark or Velious. I mean, real early. Casting Complete Heal was a death sentence for clerics and back then there were no AA so all warriors had was taunt. Clerics quit in huge numbers, the game was in an uproar. SOE blinked and dialed back the healing agro.

TSS era. Utter ruination of enchanters. You had clarity potions which killed their best buff, their DPS stunk and everything in that expansion was immune to mez and charm. I remember numerous high end raiding guilds going on The Runes, an enchanter board, begging their enchanters to come back and offering to pay the server transfer fee for anyone who would make the jump. TSS killed enchanters for years..

Right now, for whatever reason, it's shamans. I can't think of a guild that has enough. Bards too.
    Borune likes this.
  9. Maedhros High King

And all the ones that had quit between, were not around to see it.
  10. Maedhros High King

Only because "enough" is 6 shammys and 9 bards.
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Monks about 13 or 14 years ago..changes in their ability to tank made them into box dps vs. box\healer box(shaman).....
    Skewert likes this.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Halfling warriors?
    potatoface likes this.
  13. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Mage-pendulum/Mage-ageddon
    potatoface, Marquele and Maedhros like this.
  14. Duder Augur

Necromancers after the lastest DoT shakeup
  15. Suffer Lorekeeper

I remember at least in the circles i ran. The Ranger headshot nerf had more than a few either quit of re roll
    Skewert likes this.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

The middle class.
  17. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Too soon. Lol
    potatoface likes this.
  18. Raccoo Augur

All the dot nerfs and debuff limitations imo. Lion nerf, fleeting nerf, TGB, alliance crap.
    Rachle Shammy likes this.
  19. Allayna Augur

Don't forget punt/root nerf.
    Rachle Shammy and Raccoo like this.
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

2002 monk mitigation nerf. /em drops the mic.