shield of the dark dot dmg is pretty sad

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tofu stir fry, Jun 24, 2019.

1. tofu stir fry Augur

so finally got the shield quest done for my shaman on mangler. Statwise its still amazing. but tested the dot out and was immediately disapointed. 110 initially than multiples of two per tic for 2 mins? (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc etc etc) thats pretty sad in comparison to the clicky on the FV quested shield.

was this intended? or was it "fixed" recently?
    jeskola likes this.
  2. yerm Augur

Shaman dots have been revamped and are significantly more powerful than they were during kunark. This item's dd+dot was not revamped, so it looks weak by comparison. On top of this, vastly increased spell efficiency means the meta today is a lot more focused on just casting and medding, with less stressing for clicky damage than back in the day when they were all the rage.
    jeskola likes this.
  3. a_librarian Augur

The dot doesn't even stack with the shaman epic as far as I know. It's super garbage. The primal essence click on the other hand is lovely for druids and good diety clerics
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  4. tofu stir fry Augur

exactly, i have a guildy shaman who did the goody version of the quest and the primal essence clicky is awesome. oh well the stats are still worth it i guess
  5. Xanathol Augur

The click is trash in any era - 13.5 sec cast time, 110 dd, 1-42 / tick splurt is never good. Devs gonna dev.
  6. thiefzer0 New Member

I can confirm the shield DoT DOES stack with the Epic DoT, but you're looking at a combined cast time of about 22 or more seconds and the damage isn't that great unless you're fighting something that dies very slow. I find them useful in my four box setup but that's about it I would never use them in a real group.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

8. Blastoff Augur

9. Xanathol Augur

Infinitely more, since it will be used and this one will not.
  10. Ragnoruk Augur

The evil version of the shield sucks b*lls compared to the good side. Would be great if they gave both the same effect or made the DoT higher dmg & faster cast. Would also be nice if they fixed Ogre faction to do the Shaman Cudgel quest while they were at it. I know.. no resources to do useful things.. but hey, we got a UI change to show fractions of a percent for HP/Mana/STA/XP. Something everyone I know was asking for. So there's that.