Live Update Bugs 06/19/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Lianeb Augur

They definitely are not. Unless you have people dying.
    There is a possibility they can spawn prior to getting the mark. And absolutely spawn the moment it fades, but there none that spawned as a wave for us during the mark phase.

I believe we had one left up when we went to hallways and two deaths created 2, when we returned we had 8 to deal with. Watched another twitch stream that cleared all before marks and had 0 spawn during mark phase and returned to 5 when they spawned on mark fade.
    Allayna likes this.
  2. Liren_Lockheart Journeyman

Hello Devs,
    I, and several enchanters in my guild, are experiencing some strange charmed pet behavior. The best we can tell is that our charmed pets are breaking normally but the game is forgetting to tell us. Suddenly our pets will attack the nearest player but our pet window never disappears and our pet break audio triggers do not fire ("spell has worn off"). We are using Command of Druzzil in PoP era on Selos server. The bug isn't consistent but it has happened to me at least once per night since the last update. On one occasion, a #fakenewspet managed to kill a player before the enchanter noticed it had gone rogue and the player died without losing xp or leaving a corpse, just like a duel.

Hope this helps,
    Melusine the Enchanter

P.S. As a life long enchanter, I was pretty disappointed you would be changing how CoTH and rez affects charm. It's been a decades long practice for an enchanter in a group to invis their way through a labyrinth of mobs to find a great pet and have a mage in their group CoTH them back to safety. (Invis breaks charm so you can't get back out the way you came in.) This is also a helpful tactic when a pet or the enchanter dies and you need to fish up a new pet far from camp. Removing this option means you limit our pool of pets, limit our pool of camps to those near good pets, or force us to slog through alot of pointless trash to get where we are going. Breaking a charm when rezzed seems to be another way for you to stop enchanters from going fishing for pets and being pulled back across a zone but practically, it makes recovery after a death or wipe more difficult. If I die and need to fight back in to my corpse, I'm going to have a pet with me. It's standard to take a rez with a pet and not immediately be forced to wrangle the pet back into submission with rez effects and no mana. You've effectively made it so that we can't grab a pet before we get rezzed during a recovery without risking ourselves or our groups. I'm sure you had a good reason for implementing these changes but do reconsider. I'm having a hard time seeing how this everyday part of enchanter life could be used to grief others or exploit the game.
    Strumph, Wulfhere and Yinla like this.
  3. Drewie Augur

I just noticed that the druid AA Chill of the Copsetender description shows "the base damage of your Chill (and Frost) of the Copsetender spells" instead of "your Chill of the Copsetender (and the Wildtender) spells", since there's no Frost of the Copsetender spell.
  4. Deillusional Augur

We had numerous attempts yesterday we had one attempt where we had no spawns during the move. All other attempt was spawns during the move. Prathun have confirmed they might be a bug in the logic. But he has stated that there were always 2 sentinels and not just 1 post 25%. (so axxius post about only one spawning previously is incorrect or it was bugged).
    Xeladom likes this.
  5. Romslo New Member

Paladin Protective line of spells are broken.
    The spell is suppose to heal and place a guard buff on your target's target.
    It is currently healing you target's target, but the guard buff is given to self.
  6. Deillusional Augur

linking loot with the link button from chest (for when you don't use advanced looting it will put the rest of the lines in your default chat option.

So you could link /gu and one line be in /gu and the rest in /say.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

I don't think so. I just tested Protective Devotion and it works as expected.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

It's okay. Frost is the recourse cast on fade of Chill.
    Drewie likes this.
  9. Romslo New Member

I guess it depends on what you expected, but it is not functioning as intended.

You will see the spell animation on your target's target, but the mitigation buff will go to caster instead of target's target.
  10. Malbro Augur

Playing in Gnome Mountain and The Broken Mirror zones, I've crash on switching toons or logging out since this patch. Seems like they put the memory leak back into the game.
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Yes, in game spell description states...heal goes to target of target...and melee ward goes to you.

Working as written and intended. Don't be confused by the Target...recourses (which is really what the ward is) do not follow target but are explicitly directed (usually to self).
    Allayna likes this.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

Sorry no. In my test, a mage got aggro on a mob. I cast Protective Devotion III on the mob and the mage was both healed and received Protective Devotion Guard III, as has always been and expected.

However, I can confirm that the spell descriptions for all previous levels of Protective have a description that says roughly "Gives the target's target a melee guard buff and a boon of healing".

Meanwhile, Protective Devotion (level 110) has a description that says "Heals your target's target for 6926 hit points and places a ward upon you", that is clearly incorrect and a bug in the description (not the spell's effect).

Maybe this is what the OP has noticed?
  13. Mr. Froo Developer

We are currently investigating the DoT issues that have been reported.
    Raccoo, Vexana_Lanys and Yinla like this.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Not sure how new of a bug. Was in Howling Stones pick zone. Non of the mobs dropped collectibles. They dropped all other loot fine but not one collect in the several hours I was in it. I was able to complete all 3 partisan and all 3 merc tasks. Killed 99 mobs. Named spawned just fine and everything else. If it matters it was on the Erollisi server.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Maybe. I just know that my rank 2 version has the same wording that I posted (ward on you). I don't raid on my pally so I'm always MT in my group so I just assumed when looking at spell. My bad.

That is so weird.
  16. Tiane Journeyman

This is a pretty serious bug for dot classes... well, necros especially. I know that you'd just like to delete the class at this point, but until then, can we please get a fix for this quick and not wait an entire month...
  17. Lianeb Augur

This was not fixed.

Also I don't know what you guys have done to the timing on Ballistae and down time, but i feel you guys have only increased the length of time on this raid, just to increase the length of time.

Currently it takes about 2 waves of adds to build one Ballistae, to build 4 Balistae requires 8 wave (sometimes it can be 6-7 depending on what drops)

When it first opened we would build all 4 and burn him 100-0 in one shot and never fly away.
    We shortened that to 1 ballistae with 3 shots to kill him
    Now we had to go back to all 4 and then using 3 shots and usually end up having to rebuild some of them to finish him.

You can view our twitch of this happening
    Link does have strong language
    Twitch TV
    2:25:15
    2:33:20
    Link does have strong language
    Allayna and Yinla like this.
  18. Strumph Augur

It seems some messages are not being logged and verified by checking logs. I've had an issue with Vinelash breaking not triggering AT's, friend was getting tells though AT was not firing and most importantly raid AT's not going off for everybody!
  19. Deillusional Augur

It maybe related to the amount of ballistae you have up, we always shot him down with 4, and never had it tether.
  20. Lianeb Augur

The second timestamp was 4
  21. Romslo New Member

Yah, i should have stated that i play on Phinny which is on HoT expansion atm.
    The HoT era spell description of the Protective line is "Gives the target's target a melee guard buff and a boon of healing"
    I see that the description for the Ring of Scale version is changed as Wulfhere stated.

If the intended mechanic of the spell has changed with recursive effect to previous expansions, it would be nice for someone to confirm this. If this change in mechanics is an error it would be nice for it to be fixed.