Greeter Seeltink Quest Arc Broken?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bidaum_TR, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

Greeter Seeltink in GMM offers 3 solo tasks; the first task required for the next and so on.
    I have only now begun to do these quests as the bulk of my play time has been to level evolving items and hunt for slot 18 augs (particularly the ever elusive Group Enhancement.)
    The first quest from the NPC is "Orcwolf Mercy" obtained by either /sa orcwolves or clicking the [orcwolves] prompt after hailing the NPC.
    Task objectives:
    - release wounded wereorcs 0/5 (kill FD orcs with 'wounded' in their name)
    - obtain proof of thier release 0/5 (loot 5 matted hair)
    - inspect the gate (2 mobs spawn and attack you; kill them)
    - return proof to Greeter Seeltink (turn in the 5 hair)
    - hail (report on the gate)

On the final hail, I get a completion message:
    06/22/19 08:42:27 AM You have received a replay timer for 'Orcwolf Mercy ': 0d:0h:30m remaining. I also get an received experience message, and the quest is gone from the quest journal, as it was completed. Additionally, Greeter Seeltink's response to the final hail is:
    06/22/19 08:43:18 AM Greeter Seeltink says, 'Oh dear. That is unfortunate. It is more vital than ever that you give me [assistance] with the damaged [clockworks]. I do thank you for bringing mercy to those poor deluded orcwolves. If you wish to help further with the [orcwolves] your continued help is appreciated.'

-Clicking [assistance] returns
    06/22/19 09:01:35 AM Greeter Seeltink says, 'Some of the clockwork have become addled and attack beings that they should not, and some are so damaged that they are no longer functional. We will need you to retrieve the [crystal memory resonator] from within these clockworks and return them to me. Unfortunately, the addled ones may attempt to kill you. Please be careful with them, but you are an adventurer! You laugh at danger! You will likely find these clockworks outside the mountain, but inside the walls. There may be a few in the orcwolf controlled area as well.'

- Clicking [clockworks] or /sa clockworks the NPC offers Orcwolf Mercy again.
    - Thinking the prompts may be backwards; I tried /sa orcwolves again but that offers Orcwolf Mercy again.
    - I asked a guildmate who had already completed the entire quest arc to see if they could get anywhere now. When he hails the NPC; he was given a prompt to [continue]; when he did, he was offered any of the three tasks and could get any of the three tasks. When I /sa continue, I got no repsonse from the NPC.

I submitted a ticket and got the following response:
    My first thought was "provide walkthroughs?" It's already in the usual places, lol. The GM's advice to use the phrase [damage] yielded no response from the NPC;; so I /bug reported this problem and came here to post that I am Stuck at this point.

Any real help appreciated and Thanks in advace
    Bidaum
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I thought the keyword was damaged, not damage . . . but really not sure, I did those the first couple days the zone was out.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

4. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Problem Solved! I've never felt like such an idiot because of that stupid drag down pane...:mad:
    Big Thanks to GM Swarmofbees for helping me through this nightmare!