Thanks for the necro for revamp!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

So i just wanted to say thanks to the Devs for the necro dot revamp that occurred this patch. Yay!

This is how they made dots better this patch. If you die or feign die your dots do zero damage.

Now the mobs really think that your dead! What a creative solution to add some realism into the game. It gets better, because after you stand up and for again your dots still do no damage!

So if your the puller in the group, now that is your only job. Split mobs and bring them. However you can't damage them!

This is exactly the dot revamp that necros needed. Thank you!

PS. This also effects other classes like shammy's, rangers, druids, etc... However with this working with feign death I think necros really get the best part of this.

What a neat new feature! Necros go from a dps class to a pulling only class.
    Foliax likes this.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Is this TLP? I can't reproduce this on live
  3. Dewey Augur

This is on live. If you die and don't zone but get a rez. You can cast on the mob, but your dots do zero damage.

I am at work now, but unless they hotfixed it this is what it was. If you die you have to zone for your dots to do damage. There was no wear off messages from the dots either. The long dots that go into bigger dots don't even convert over to the bigger dots.
    Foliax and Scornfire like this.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

Certainly happened, but is it so problematic?
  5. Dewey Augur

Is it problematic for a dps class to do zero dps? I don't know... I'm thinking of just calling necros the pulling class after this. Since pallys will be out dpsing them.
  6. Tappin Augur

I’ll pull out my necro to see if this is true... but this would absolutely kill off the class. A nerf of this caliber is unreal.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Somehow I think if this is the case, there would be more outcry. But if it is, its a bug, as they have been working on the aggro associated with zoning and dots and such, so good assumptions its bugged if so.
    Skewert and Foliax like this.
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

As far as FDing wiping DoT's, that won't produce the bug. Tried with all manner of FD I have

I did just test getting rezzed though, and lmfao, every DoT cast until you re-zone does not credit you as the caster (Re-zoning does resolve). Tried with the mob that killed me, tried with several other random targets. The DoT's still land, and do damage, but as they are not being associated with the caster they're unfocus'd and doing, well, basically nothing. I'm dying laughing here

It was changed a while back to stop crediting the caster if they zone or die for DoTs that were cast prior, but new DoTs would still work fine. Pretty incredible bug, thx TLP griefers!
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Raccoo and Foliax like this.
  9. Tappin Augur

I agree with this here... you would think they would just revert back to old code, not try to recode it.
  10. Tumbler Lorekeeper

If a mem wipe occurs on the mob then dots do no damage.

They report out as damage, they show up in logs ss damage, but they do no damage. The dots don't have an owner assigned to them so it's like dotting a mob and not having aggro in it.

Last for like 10 minutes after a memblur.

So try it out again with a root baked mob. I hear the chokadi in over there are good for testing this. If they memblur you dps from dots go to zero for 10 minutes. Unless you zone and come back.

It'll still show up in the log file even, but it won't do damage.

Other people are reporting this type of thing in the live bug section. I'm just hoping it doesn't take a month to fix.

When I saw it, I thought they changed the mechanic to the event. I thought that the thing was hitpoint locked. I could see the damage, but it did zero damage.

Since your not seeing it please do tell what your doing different as a work around.
    Foliax likes this.
  11. Foliax Journeyman

Glad I retired my necromancer to play Paly. Good work to the people who found and replicated this bug!
    Tumbler likes this.
  12. menown Augur

Feign Death has like a 1% chance of memblur. This is probably the case for Dewey.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

Character dies in a zone (does not matter if DoTs are currently running or not), character takes a res and corpse is poofed (DoT's can no longer be associated with corpse?). It looks to me as if the DoT disassociation flag is persisting on the zone preventing any further DoTs cast in that zone from associating with a player that was res back into that zone. I would imagine that this would also prevent the DoTs from being focused where the DoTs still may be doing damage but only base damage which would slow down the DPS.

While I had lots of prior kills today I wanted to parse the same model so this is about 20 mobs each. This is a box character so I have it hotkey casting the same stuff each time on all the mobs. My alt has no luck gear on.

Before death:
    Combined: A construct of coal: -- DMG: 14445121 -- DPS: 14474 -- Scaled: 14387 -- DoT: 14346067 -- DirDmg: 99054 -- % dmg as normal: 8.8% -- % dmg as critical: 91.2% -- Non-crit rate: 31.7% -- crit rate: 68.3% -- Attempts: 578 -- Hits: 578 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 24991 -- Max hit: 86122 -- DMG to PC: 0
    Spells Cast: 84 | Call Skeleton Army: 11 | Chaotic Effluvium: 23 | Death Bloom IV: 3 | Grip of Kraz: 23 | Ignite Memories: 11 | Pyre of the Fereth Rk. II: 0 | Pyre of the Shadewarden: 11 | Swarm of Decay XXI: 2

After death:
    Combined: A construct of magma: -- DMG: 99090 -- DPS: 125 -- Scaled: 109 -- DirDmg: 99090 -- % dmg as normal: 99.9% -- % dmg as critical: 0.1% -- Non-crit rate: 69.6% -- crit rate: 30.4% -- Attempts: 23 -- Hits: 23 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 4308 -- Max hit: 16500 -- DMG to PC: 0
    Spells Cast: 99 | Call Skeleton Army: 17 | Chaotic Effluvium: 22 | Death Bloom IV: 3 | Grip of Kraz: 21 | Ignite Memories: 17 | Pyre of the Fereth Rk. II: 0 | Pyre of the Shadewarden: 17 | Swarm of Decay XXI: 2

After zoning out then in:
    Combined: A construct of coal: -- DMG: 12683055 -- DPS: 15716 -- Scaled: 15542 -- DoT: 12550951 -- DirDmg: 132104 -- % dmg as normal: 9.3% -- % dmg as critical: 90.7% -- Non-crit rate: 31.2% -- crit rate: 68.8% -- Attempts: 493 -- Hits: 493 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 25726 -- Max hit: 92578 -- DMG to PC: 0
    Spells Cast: 96 | Call Skeleton Army: 16 | Chaotic Effluvium: 22 | Death Bloom IV: 3 | Grip of Kraz: 21 | Ignite Memories: 16 | Pyre of the Fereth Rk. II: 0 | Pyre of the Shadewarden: 16 | Swarm of Decay XXI: 2
    Foliax likes this.
  14. Anthony CT New Member

I confirmed this last night on our Fire raid. Parse was trash! I basically raid to parse.
    Thanks Devs for ruining my raids this weekend.

Tonyy MS
  15. komakino New Member

Very annoying bug : i noticed today while playing that for an hour, my necro dot spells never did critical damages anymore, only base damages it seemed. So DPS was very slowed. Though i have critical afflicition 27, focus effects like dark whisper … What's the problem ?
  16. Forcallen Augur

Would have figured your dots under a mobs focus only would have been a dps increase for you!!

So it appears if you die and take a rez without zoning, if the mob mem-blurs itself with dots on it or if someone mem-blurs the mob with dots on it all dots new casted or dots already on the mob are considered "casted by the mob" (should only apply to dots on the mob when someone dies) and are not considered casted by the player. Hopefully this doesn't take a month to fix like the borked twincast message.
  17. Terakathis Journeyman

Just saw this thread. Sorry - had a similar thread started in the Caster section. This bug can be replicated easily, DoT's do not get any chance of Crits after death if you don't zone or camp out/in after you accept a rez.

T.
  18. Dewey Augur

Casters are not the only ones with dots. This actually applies to many classes. I just felt necros got hurt the worse.

We asked for a necro dot revamp, and here it is... $$$
  19. Aelen Augur

I'm sitting here with an Enchanter and a Druid on Live trying to replicate the disassociation through Memblur, can't seem to make that happen.

I did manage to disassocate by killing the Enc and calling it back with Call of the Wild. The disassociation applied to more than one mob I tried to re-Dot after

Succoring, then coming back and rezzing the Enc with Rejuvenation of Spirit resulted in the disassocation staying in effect.

Succoring again, then DoTing with no extra rez then resulted in proper association.

So Rez and Call type effects seem to be the cause? Not necessarily the hover or the death. Zoning does seem to fix it.
    Foliax and Scornfire like this.
  20. Forcallen Augur

I am unable to replicate the mem-blur concerns myself. Dying and rezzing (I never zoned) had both NEW and existing dots from before the death only being impacted by the mobs focus effects (ie the dots only hit for their base amount +30% in my tests case, with no criticals or luck).
    Scornfire likes this.