Two questions: char transfer to new account and toon advice

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Filter, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Filter Augur

Hi All,

Why in the world won't they fix the ability to transfer a toon to a different account so we can pay them more money?????? Maddening! I am stuck doing progression with my war/zerker combo and desperately need to add my bard.

Now with the above stated, a friend has talked me into dedicating more time to my war because he is the bottleneck for my combo since his gear sucks. I've already got him all of the GMM items that drop (I think) from Howling Darkness mission. Should I start a shammy instead of the bard, I hate to consider starting all over again on a new toon but whatever. I suck at boxing so the bard was the best fit for me at the time? So war/zerker/shammy or war/zerker/bard? This is only for group level play with no access to raid gear so I'm only looking for an addition to my war/zerker combo.
  2. Angahran Augur

I've made a suggestion for a new feature, since they don't appear to be able to fix character transfers.
    Basically a 'family plan' for accounts.

If you own multiple accounts, you can log in one character for each account owned, regardless of which account those characters are on.

e.g. you own 3 accounts, you could log in one character from each account, or 1 character from one account and 2 characters from a 2nd account, or 3 characters from one account.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2291
  3. Persephanie New Member

I LOVE THIS! O Please, Daybreak, listen to this dude! This is where it's at!!!!!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have to be all paid accounts to stop the people from paying for one account and then creating an additional 13 free accounts so they could then run 14 traders in the baz on the first account.
  5. Ditka Journeyman

I gave up on this personally and just bought a heroic character. A shame it isn't my character from 2001, but I can finally move on. They got my money either way.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yes, because that doesn't sound potentially game breaking at all, in terms of the structural programming. Not at all!

Level more alts up like the rest of us.

If they can't get the char transfer process working, they may need to just work on a character copy function. Like testcopy, you can /xegonycopy to xfer from your server to Xegony, but will only function if you you click an item that you buy for $25 from the store, and then it deletes the one from your origin server.

If there is an actual problem with data, we know at least that this works since we do it with test and beta copy all the time. So program time might not be a lot.
  7. Filter Augur

Yeah I know it was long shot but come on, we want to give them money. All I want to do is move 1 toon from one account and put it on a new account on the same server. Heck I have 12 alts that I would move if I could and add 3 new accounts. Thats a bit of money that I'm willing to part with and pay monthly.

Matt
  8. Angahran Augur

What has server transfer got to do with account to account transfer which is what is currently (permanently?) broken ?
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yeah, server transfer is working just fine. Pay your $25 and move.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think there is a chance that at the same time they fix the issues they have with doing server mergers that they fix the account to account transfers. Both would be data base issues and we know they are now working on merging low pop servers so it's at least some sort of hope. :)
    Brohg and Yinla like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That is my hope, but I'll possibly have leveled up other alts on my other account by the time they get round to it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

So are character transfers broken entirely? I wanted to transfer a Shammie.
    -Rat
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

server to server transfers are not broken, account to account, are.