Give players a way to stop being red

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by qweasy, Jun 20, 2019.

1. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Permanently flag red to overcome griefing on one mob, you say?
  2. Lateryn Augur

Nope. Live with your choice of turning red. Like the idiots on selos who proclaim to be a pvp guild on a server with only them as red. Instead it was done just to stand out and now they deal with the consequences that they have no choice outside that guild.
  3. Gabejenkins Journeyman

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's a small part of the playerbase because for people like me there's no reason for us to be playing right now, but if there was a PvP progressive server I'd sub immediately. The thing with the PvP playerbase is that we probably won't play at all if there isn't a server for us so it's hard to have voices that get heard i guess
  4. jeskola pheerie

In the AMA, devs repeatedly stated if pvp fans want a pvp tlp, they should start playing on Zek to prove there is a real interest and playerbase for pvp tlp. You have your orders and know what to do now!
    snailish likes this.
  5. Boosi Lorekeeper

how do i vote, i have to make a new account? Consider me voting +1 yes no matter how difficult you make it to ask for PvP on TLP
  6. Boosi Lorekeeper

ya, go play a low pop level 100+ server to prove theres interest

as if playing alone 1-100+ is proving interest in a multiplayer pvp server
  7. Bard2019 Elder

People just want this so they can go Red to get rare spawns and have an easy way to reverse it. The only way to compete with them is for those of us that have NO interest in going Red, to do so ourselves. Which is a ridiculous concept. If you want to play PVP games, there's plenty of them out there for you.
  8. Atabishii Elder

I guess you don't play on mangler because there have been enchanters going red just to grief since classic. It's not a massive problem by any means but I've seen more than a handful since the server launched.
  9. Fizon Elder

I mean what else are you gonna do when people bring a small raid force to lvl 40 vp key spawns.

Hats off to that enchanter.
  10. Guzzle Augur

Yeah, really impressive idea and I respect the grit required to throw the character away like that.

The griefing goes way beyond competing for a spawn, though.
  11. Trox2010 Augur

If there are the thousands (or even just hindreds) of you pvpers out there like you say, and you all got the word out to each other you wouldn't really be starting alone on Zek. Until Zek gets a true substainable population that stays around for a while (don't just all log in for one day and say see there are eq pvp peoples); the devs are not going want to waste resources (money and time) one something that appears to have very little draw.
  12. Gabejenkins Journeyman

I mean I get this and understand this is used to justify not having a PvP progressive server. But the reality is that jumping into an existing server with pop spread out over 100+ levels just isn't fun for the majority of the old-school EQ PvPers - we're interested in contested spawns as we level, social interaction, and choices mattering - along with having relatively good fights along the way.

It's basically impossible to get these things on a server with lowish population and an enormous level/power gap - none of the things that made EQ pvp fun for a lot of us back in the day are achievable on a decades-old server at this point and so there's just no way to pull those people together without the promise of something they actually want.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I understand the decision to not make a server, I'm not personally in agreement as I know that a lot of people would play on a new PvP TLP server, but I also don't have a clear answer to how to actually communicate the desire/potential player base to the devs. Probably why people assume it will never happen =/
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why is that a throw away character I'm curious as to the reasons.
  14. Machentoo Augur

PVP enabled characters can't be buffed or healed by blue players. So, if you flag red, you are pretty much restricted to grouping with other red characters for a "normal" gaming experience.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Thanks I've never done a pvp guy on a regular server makes sense.
  17. Aziuno Augur

The whole premise of this thread was giving a way to swap between blue and red. Thus, the comment of the easy solution if people started swapping red to greif, you swap red and kill them. Then after whatever hours would be determined, you could swap back.
  18. Brunlin Augur

If staff is against a pvp server for tlp, why not do an event server like you did for EQ 2 There is more of us, that play EQ TLPS, that are former players from Ralos, Tallon, Vallon , and sullon zek, than you realize.
    As for flagging at discord, on a carebear server, its kind of dumb, because it locks you out from getting buffs and heals in groups.
  19. Gabejenkins Journeyman

This would be incredible and I think would represent a great experiment. I think the upside would be that you'd see a lot less cannibalization from other servers and more people returning to the game than you see with a lot of TLP/event-style servers, but again I don't know what the internal data looks like so this is just spitballing.

There wouldn't even need to be a lot of work put into PvP rewards or PvP leveling - re-using old SZ rewards or having RZ-style item loot would probably be enough for a test run.
    Brunlin likes this.
  20. Nessirfiti Augur

The nice thing about them making a PVP TLP server is it wouldn't hurt population of existing servers at all. I mean, really who's going to notice when a whole 15 people leave the current servers?
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.