Should we bring back charm gate?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Jun 21, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm just wondering if the collateral damage was too great. Sure, a key quest might be rough for 3 days of launch, but otherwise, this feature was pretty useful to average joe and his group.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

All TL and charm changes in this weeks patch should be reverted!
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  3. Koniku Elder

I would propose a middle ground. Keep the changes but make it so charm doesn't break if the charmer is out of combat when CoTHed or whatever.

No more instant stealing of mobs but also preserving movement of charm pets to harder to reach camps.

Also disable levitation in plane of fire
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

This has worked fine since POP was launched and DOES NOT NEED CHANGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Atabishii Elder

There are pro's and con's to everything and I'm not quite sure if daybreak were looking at the cons at all.

The first thing I thought about when i read how charm/gate and memblur was going to be nerfed is how much more toxic camps will become as a result. I was the first person to do the full necro crew on the TLP's so that I could safely lock down a camp, but I knew it's limits. While a full dps box crew is hard to just straight out dps even if you bring 2-3x the numbers, I understood that I was better off sticking to camps that couldn't be charm/gated, memblur'd, or charmblurred as that was really the only defense another player would have against me. Those 3 things were really the only legit tools people still had left to combat big box crews at contested camps, and now there is nothing left for the average player. Taking it away is just basically giving big box crews free reign at any camp they want without any worry of someone being able to contest them.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Daybreak, it is time to face facts, admit mistakes happen, and reverse the 2002 nerf of monk mitigation.
    potatoface, Thalliius, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  7. Moldar Augur

Levitation in Plane of Fire is absolutely fine. There is absolutely no reason why this should need to be fixed.
  8. Gana Augur

And open Fippy to Live!
  9. SoandsoForumUser Augur

10. Thalliius Augur

The only down side to the changes is that enchanters can’t conveniently go charm an OP mob and then just gate it somewhere quickly.

Now they can still charm their OP mob and chainsaw thru all the content to their camp spot

For the class that has it all, no one cares that you’re slightly inconvenienced now in some very specific circumstances. The benefits far outweigh the negatives. Enchanters are still the most Op class, they didn’t get nerfed in power.

They’re still the only way to AoE farm XP, and they still get groups instantly because they provide more dps than anyone.. as well as tanking, slows, mana regen, CC/lull and haste
    potatoface likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

I was against some of this change and its far reaching impact. I thought it deserved more consideration.

Now that we have had a chance to see what the repercussions are, and the biggest impact seems to be that it has caused live players with annoying peacocking signatures to come screaming bloody murder hissy fits... Fantastic job daybreak! Keep up the great work!
    potatoface and Yinla like this.
  12. a_librarian Augur

CotH should not break charm, it's an interesting and valid use of mechanics to let an enchanter get a pet of their choice and have a mage bring them to the group. It's just sad to see cool class interactions like that be ruined to try and stop shitlords that will always just find a new path to screw people over
  13. Scruff Elder

i wouldn't mind seeing the (*)Personal Loot thing reverted, it's largely an inconvenient and inconsistent disaster so far - i don't even see how or why it's even necessary at least given the current flow of Mangler. it's only caused annoyances at best (zordiak ragefire/ixiblat loot) and total breakage of content at worst (sky sister of the spire)

there are some extremely important 'spawned quest mobs' created by player handins that are currently not flagged at all as personal loot, while totally arbitrary things like plane of sky quest NPCs are. it just does not feel like a feature that should even be remotely considered as an installment to a non-beta/test server in its current form
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Would be nice if they added in a way to stop the break if you were out of combat for (x) time.
    Otherwise I think it's the perfect fix to the annoyance charm-gate was.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Somewhat serious question, can you just Coth the pet first or are NPCs immune?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Agreed!
  17. Hadesborne Augur

ummm. What collateral damage? I see none. Move along. Move along.
  18. Kolani Augur

Nope, not until every other nerf on Live that's a result of TLP not being able to play nice gets rolled back too.
    AcemoneyFV and code-zero like this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean they can shut live down and this forum won't mind.
  20. Kolani Augur

That's not the point. The point is that TLP has gotten so many things on Live nerfed that have been common practice for years, for the sole reason being that you're all holes to each other and can't make token efforts to get along or abide by the generally accepted behavior of the classic era that you all want to pretend is pure.
    Thalliius, Moege, Yinla and 1 other person like this.