Default UI - suggest changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think we all agree the Default UI is not user friendly. Devs came out yesterday and said they do not support custom UIs, something we all knew, but it was once something they kept to a minimum but recently we seem to be seeing changes every patch well at least it seems like that.

If they are going to be doing regular changes to the UI I would like to see the default UI updated.

1. Cater for more screen sizes.
    2. give us the option to use old spell icons
    3. Remove un-needed boarders from all UI boxes.
    4. Revamp the raid window, let it work like the quest window, allow us to give as much or as little visable room to those ungrouped.
    5. Allow text in different UI windows to be different sizes.
    6. Allow the extended target window to be resized.
    7. Add totals to the player health window to show max/min health & mana also add total for AC and attack.
    8. Add agro meter to the target window.
    9. Remove the double header from the chat windows.
    10. Allow the option to have spell names show up in the spell gem and buff windows.
    11. Stop closing bags which are locked!
    12. Give us more social buttons.

I'm sure others have their own requests, but those are mine. :)
  2. Warpeace Augur

The component windows need to be able to scale so we can adjust them.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Clean borders. Remove the filigree edges so I can line windows up properly without gaps or overlap.

Literally the two reasons I use Sparxx are the clean borders and the percentages on the HP/Mana/End/XP bars.

The only reason I care about the .001% change is it doesn't look clean.
    AcemoneyFV and Yinla like this.
  4. Diptera Augur

Just make ALL items available in every window - rather than have the current state of affairs where certain things are only available for certain windows, set the UI up so every window can use all components, then the only functional difference between, say, the player, inventory, and group windows are "which items have actually been selected for display", and "which hotkey opens and closes the window".

Also, allow us to specify fonts on a per-item basis (or at least per-window)
  5. Diptera Augur

Oh, and /hug the wizzy ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  6. enclee Augur

Grid Overlay and a snap to grid option.
    Caell, Metanis, Duder and 2 others like this.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I can't imagine the horrible Frankenstein's monsters that will result hehe

This may be one of those requests that is more difficult to accomplish than it would seem superficially. I suspect the UI is hard coded as separate elements and so would require basically reworking the entire system to allow for any label in any window.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

/hug

Aren't you happy your not fixing my UI anymore lol.....though it is rarely it breaks after the way you set it up for me :)
  9. Angahran Augur

Fix the hotbars not recording their size when using copy layout finally!
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Oh heck yeah!

It's a complete pita trying to move or resize a window one pixel to get it to line up using a mouse.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

If this happens we need to option to enable/disable 'special' functions.

e.g. in the extended target window, the targets name changes color to match it's con.
    If you put that same item into another window, it does not change color.

So, maybe have it so if no color is specified, then use con color. If a color is specified, use that color.
  12. Duder Augur

WTB
  13. HardyHairyfeet New Member

Personally, I would like to see a window dedicated to XP. From Player, AA and Merc AA. I wouldn't want it added to the player window as some players actually don't like seeing those values in the open, so an optional resizable window would be great.

I agree with the not closing bags that are locked. Everytime I zone I have to reopen them.
    Yinla likes this.