mephits still spawn

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arkeal_Rathe_Bots, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Lannin Elder

Historically, RoV has not been particularly good at following emotes and various kinds of mechanics. I love RoV but if I had to pinpoint just one of our weaknesses, that would be it. That being said, one of the good things about RoV is that we are strong enough to power through various kinds of consequences. My sense is that RoV is not alone in this particular boat, I think there are many guilds who struggle on events which require a high level of individual accountability.

Funny when I was a member of RoV , we were very good at emotes , and doing bane damage. ( Server First for beating Plane of War ). Bigstomp was a great raid leader and at developing strats.

From reading what Raynrace has posted , reminds of of two other guilds I was in , Diligence and Firestormers , both bad at emotes and following directions. I would look more at your talent pool and less at the raid mechanics imo. No other guild has raided Mearatas more on Bristlebane then Ring , since you all raided lockouts. With 1000 + members , maybe a banner zerg is in order or cull some of the badies , every raid guild has that group of folks who fail everything all the time , do away with them.

Your always been a good guy when I was guilded with you Raynrace , sad to see you posting some of this stuff and pandering for an easy fix. Keep at it , you have some real talent like you , Durg , Bigstomp , Cymorril , and a list longer then I can type.

Your Friend , Arcolin , Thedude , Lannin , whatever toon u know me as !

P.S. I miss Elric :(
  2. Jondalar Augur

Yea didn't he retire? LOL
  3. Bahdah Augur

Proximoe likes this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Was 1 shot-able after the adjustment. Still difficult, but noticeable change with the mephit spawn change. They still can spawn right around the hallway, but not during.

Enrage timer ~ I'm guessing related to the current issue with dot dmg.
  5. Nudia Augur

I'm not sure how significant the mephit spawn timing change was. Our mephitis spawned immediately preceding the tunnel call and immediately coming out of it, so we were still scrambling to pick up mephits at crucial movement times.

That said, with the changes to how hard the mephitis hit, the event is certainly much more forgiving than it was prior and it was easier to re-establish and eat a death or two without becoming quickly overrun.

It's been a while since I paid attention to this since it's really not my job, but we were getting double sentinels near the end. Was that there before?
  6. Axxius Augur

Double sentinels spawn in the final phase after this patch. :eek: Two at once, in different corridors. That was a surprise! Quite an adrenaline rush, as our sentinel group managed to keep them contained, barely. But this change was not announced, and it's an opposite of a nerf, so I assume it was not intended.

Also, bard AE slow/snare [1758] is no longer working for bane damage? Or did our bards get so unlucky that every time they used it every single flame/animated mephit was on a bane cooldown? o_O
  7. Marike Elder

Still works on both:
    [Sun Jun 23 23:02:18 2019] an animated mephit has taken an extra 195000000 points of non-melee damage from Illuminai's Selo's Assonant Strain spell.
    [Sun Jun 23 23:03:25 2019] a flame sentinel has taken an extra 6500000 points of non-melee damage from Villette's Selo's Assonant Strain spell.
    svann, Drogba and Axxius like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Thanks! I guess our bards were indeed SoL :p
  9. FawnTemplar Augur

I run our hallway group so I am constantly watching track and I believe that even before the patch the sentinels spawned two at a time after 25%. Though, I will say that people always described it as "they spawn faster after 25%." I imagine that unless you are watching track carefully you might not have noticed before.

I remember the first time we spent a significant amount of time under 25% I said "They spawn faster eh? If by "faster" you mean two at a time then sure!" (That was before this latest patch)
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Mazame Augur

I would have to agree that it not something new but been that way from the start. We have always used 1 group for Sentinels and 1 back up group if they get behind.

Some time they spawn in your favor and your able to get them down and move on other times we get a lot of fire or stone that took longer for us to get down and would need to have the back up group called in.

Either way we always seen an increase in the number of spawns after 25% it is not new.
  11. Belchere Lorekeeper

One change that would have helped me from the start, and maybe the devs would consider for future waves like this - have a "Safe" aura in the halls to let you know you made it. They have used that aura before, and it won't stop the failboats from blowing the emote, but it will let those that pay attention know they are far enough into the hall. That doesn't cripple the difficulty of the raid, you still gotta run to the right hallway, but at least it lets you know when you've made it.
  12. Lianeb Augur

There is a definite and graphically visual point for hallway emote, it’s been tested.

We play it safe and use the second pile of dirt looking line across the hallway as a point of where to go.
    The actual pass or fail line is past the hallway archway (not inside it), you have to pass the wall that makes up the archway
    Endaar likes this.
  13. Mintalie Augur

... so anything happen while I was on vacation? :D:D:D
  14. Caemien Elder

Yes... see Randell's video :)
  15. Tolzol Augur

Your guild won last night.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Good ..

Now maby RoV member's will be treated better by their officer's on the threads ..

=P
    feeltheburn likes this.
  17. Endaar Augur

Eh, sometimes a little controversy is a good thing - it actually ended up pulling us all together.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

I disagree.. especially in a raid environment.

=)
  19. Sancus Augur

Controversy is often preferable to apathy.
    Whulfgar, Gana, FawnTemplar and 3 others like this.
  20. Jondalar Augur

I like cheese
    Prathun likes this.