HoT - Thornbustle/Grounds Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bottle, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Bottle Journeyman

We tried Thornbustle more than 10 times and we only got the chest twice to spawn. Today the same. Two tries. After Thornbustle has been killed. No chest. After killing all named inside and Thornbustle. No chest. Killing all mobs: they simply repop very fast.

The times were we got the chest to spawn was simply killing Thornbustle. Sometimes it spawns (rarely). Most times it does spawn nothing!

This raid task is either completely bugged or all information in the web is wrong...

Has anybody a clue?
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

The only mob you need to kill for the raid is Thornbustle. Ignore the others.

Basically... zone in, run immediately to Thornbustle's area before the rotdogs spawn. If they spawn before people get there, they can banner in. Clear the area trash around Thornbustle, and kill him.

I suspect this is a TLP server killing him... so beware of his DS for the melee, Armor of Experience is great to use for them.
  3. Bottle Journeyman

That is the problem. I have in the past ignored others. Sometimes it works, sometimes don't.
    After the third time we tried to kill first all other named then last Thrornbustle. Chest dropped.

But we tried that some weeks ago with no success, too.

Either it has been changed, so that a specific order is now necessary or it is bugged. I cannot remember reading about a nerf of the HoT Raids.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

We haven't had any issue like this on Phinny, and we've done this raid a good half dozen times. What Smokezz says is correct.