Iksar Warrior - Pride of the Legion piercer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by besbin, Jun 15, 2019.

1. besbin Journeyman

Hi all, recently made an Iksar warrior (I know, I know, short term pain, long term gain I hope).
    Have been looking through some of the race/class specific quests and have been having fun running around doing a couple of the trooper scale armor quests.
    One of the items I read about is the final reward from the series of Pike quests - The Pride of the Legion (14/24). I have read conflicting things about this weapon as to when it becomes available. Is this weapon craftable in the Kunark era on TLPs or does it come later? I am a sucker for quests and this thing looks like it would be worth working towards if so.
    Has anyone obtained this on a TLP during the Kunark expansion? I would love to know.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Theonlyone New Member

Completed it on Coirnav in Kunark. You can skip past one of them (6 or 7 I think?)
  3. besbin Journeyman

oh great thanks for letting me know! Time to work on smithing ;)
  4. Herf Augur

I made a Troll warrior and got Cabilis faction only to notice that unlike the Necro, SK, or SHM quest chains, this is still Iksar only :(
  5. Ermok Lorekeeper

It is available. Part 6 is broken and has never been fixed. You can start halfway through 7. Start on the part that has you kill the 4 goblins. Turn in the bracer and he will give you the combine box for all 4. Then you proceed with the quest til the end. Make sure you do have at least 86 Blacksmithing!
  6. besbin Journeyman

Thanks Ermok, that’s really good to know. These quests are really time consuming, I would hate for there to be no end result!
    Just to clarify what you said - are you saying you don’t need to do ANY of the previous pike quests? You can simply pick it up halfway through 7
    Don’t you have to hand in the previous pike? I just completed 3 last night . Should I just ignore all that and skip to the point you said? How does it work please? I don’t want to get it wrong and lose all painstaking progress I have made lol!
    Sorry if this is a mess, on phone.
    Thanks!
  7. Xhartor Augur

I did this quest line in 1 day on Mangler over the weekend, so have a number of other warrior's that race changed. The first thing you have to do is the tools quest, which requires killing large scorpions for 2 pincer's.After handing those in you are referred to the warlord in either FoB, SoNH, or WW for a sub quest. If you get the SoNH sub-quest destroy the note and repeat the first part until you get one of the other options.

FoB: Kill all the trash between the path and the PoK book. Might even pay/buff newbies to help you kill it all. The militia skelly are rare spawn and you need to kill 4 of them.

WW: Kill the Goblin Thief near the goblin pond before the giant fort in WW, you need 3 pieces of a lore note off him.

SoNH: Don't do this sub-quest it takes too long.

As Ermok said, quest 6 is broken and you can skip right to quest 7. I did the mercenary bracer part which it sounds like was also skipable.

Prior to talking to NPC I gathered all the drops for 7 and 8.
    Stone Seer Kagiak in Drogga: Has 2 spawn points on different sides of Drogga, just run between them to kill both since this a rare spawn. (While waiting on repops work on chardok faction or farm skins and salts to sell).
    Kill the 4 gobbies near the entrance in Nurga.
    Then head to EJ, you need 2 quest items and both of them should close together.
    Go down cliff the stairs, on the left along the cliff wall there will be an Iksar bandit camp. It should have an Iksar traitor in it. Kill him and loot it's head.
    A reflexive soul should be roaming along the cliff wall (it will path close to the bandit camp). Kill it and loot the mirror gem.
    Do all the running around for the 7th quest, then get a couple friends and fight the triggered fight in the Necro Guild. Go do the turn ins and craft the mancatcher.
    Know do the running around for quest 8 (including chessboard in TD), then get a few friends together for triggered fight in FoB. Finish hand ins and craft Pride of the Legion.

At 60 both of the triggered fights are probably doable with just a healer. Everything else was soloable. Now enjoy the fact that you have epic quality weapon that isn't usable by the inferior races.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

It's a great weapon and definitely worth questing, i got my lvl 20 Iksar warrior one on Coirnav, was able to solo all the fights with a 60 Necro and log out log in with the Warrior to loot parts. Get smithing to at least the point where banded is trivial 120-130ish i think.
  9. GNOME_POWER Augur

How is Part 6 broken in TLP?
    That Part 6 quest worked for me at Live, but just for the interest.
  10. Xhartor Augur

The goblin messenger in FM either doesn't spawn or doesn't drop the quest item I forgot which it is.
  11. Riptide666 Elder

quest works, have already seen an ikky with it.
  12. Xhartor Augur

Were they running around with The Champion's Mancatcher which is product of the broken quest, or Pride of The Legion the final product from quest line?

As has been stated in this thread you can skip right too Quest 7 without doing 1-6, because quest 6 is broken.
  13. Riptide666 Elder

It was a Pride of the Legion
  14. GNOME_POWER Augur

a goblin messenger in Frontier Mountains
    Fippy Droped (1kill 1Drop) Current Expansion: TDS
    Ragefire Droped (1kill 1Drop) Current Expansion: PoR

Agnarr Non Drop (2kill 0Drop) Current Expansion: LDoN