@Daybreak Trading One Mangler Problem for Another

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wildfires, Jun 12, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

And the new change effectively eliminates that 100%. Its a big hit to griefers that use it and potentially a nerfed to some particular raid in an expansion most top players never heard of and won't get to. Lol.

I'm going to go ahead and give the dev's props for listening to the community and implementing some common sense changes. Most of my friends in early agnarr quit because of toxicity in Norrath before burnout ever got them.
    Thalliius likes this.
  2. Nessirfiti Augur

That makes them not top players. That makes them at best very lazy raiders who only want to raid things that give them no challenge.

Yes, Props indeed for pandering to the loudest whiners on the whiniest server ever.

Good job changing base functions of a game because people on Mangler figured out if you cry loud enough the devs will do whatever you want. :rolleyes:
  3. Spooky Augur

Maybe you could explain instead of responding like a forum troll?

If it's to prevent training, please don't. Many classes can still train and this doesn't fix anything.
  4. Darkhain Elder

I don't see how it hurts time phase 1 lol.
    Xegony burn strat is not the way it's suppose to be, you are actually cheesing the encounter.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I recall clearing Time Phase 1 many times and fairly easily. I don't recall ever using an AE TL to do it?

Granted it has been like 10 years since I cleared Time, but...
  6. suineg Lorekeeper

This doesn’t affect Plane of Time phase 1 in any way.

What the person is trying to say is at the end of a trial the three groups will AE TL out and then run back in and do another trial. That hasn’t changed, you are out of combat at that point. A lot of people complaining seem to be unaware of how the things they are complaining about even work.
    Moege and andross77 like this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Or they are talking about p1 farmers that kill the boss then to out. It's a mild inconvenience at worst. Certainly not offsetting the huge hit to trainer griefers.
  8. Riptide666 Elder

Succor and Evac drop aggro anyway, and you have to be standing near the caster. I think the intent of the change is to stop Coth pulling
  9. KronoKing Elder

So is it confirmed that coth breaks charm?
  10. Hadesborne Augur

Thank you devs for finally fixing things that were put in game one way, then slowly as other changes were made over time morphed into something else entirely. I appreciate your attention to the playerbase on this. The only people that are complaining about this are the people who were: Training, Charm stealing, Encounter Cheesing. Well done. Never once in all my years of playng EQ did my guild AE TL in the middle of a fight to get out. We camped clerics. THAT is what you are SUPPOSED to do. THAT is the way it was originally, and newsflash, it still works. Thanks again devs for saving our game.
  11. KronoKing Elder

wow yeah ae TL in middle of a raid thats lame. could always just have a cleric die out of LOS and pop a divine res and hold the accept window till everyoens dead and its safe to pop up.
  12. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So why were these changes necessary?

As far as I am aware there has been no issue with these on Live since they were put in 15 - 20 years ago. There was an initial bug that crashed players back when Luclin was released if they had 2 TL boxes, but that was fixed almost imdediatly.

Is this related to something coming in the next expansion?
  14. Bard2019 Elder

Tried it a few times tonight. CoTH still teleports the player as well as whatever was charmed, but charm breaks in the process and the charm pet starts attacking you. So the change seems to be working as intended.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL so all the chanter has to do is recharm, nice!

What was the point of the nerf again?
  16. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It seems heavily implied from dev posts that stopping charm gating wasn't the only point of the nerf.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Well until they confirm why the change went ahead there will be lots of speculation with TLP servers getting the brunt of the blame for the changes.
  18. Mr Blue Sky Elder

I'm no expert but, I don't think charm gating was ever intended to teleport your charmed pet to you.

I'm not fully sure how it works, if X does 90 % of the damage, then Z charms the mob, COTH's out. Waits till the mob regens to 100 %, then kills the mob. Will X still get the kill credit?

I hope X wins, because that will screw over the LoZZerZ that use this lame and pathetic tactic.
  19. Xanathol Augur

It wasn't and wasn't even a thing until the pet warping hack of a pathing "fix" was put in. Pets would path poorly at times and get stuck. Instead of fixing pathing, devs put in this hack so that if the pet is far enough away and you tell it to follow, it now warps to you - this is when charm gating, etc, became a thing.
  20. Targin Journeyman

Doesn't an enchanter drop combat after charm has landed if there aren't any other mobs? I think its pretty clear that the AE TL nerf was designed to force people to complete raid encounters as intended and not take a TL to the guild lobby and banner back to avoid a DT on a timer or some other mechanic. I doubt it is even about avoiding wipes, the dev's don't likely care if everyone leaves to avoid a death and has to start an encounter over from scratch, they just don't want a small portion of a raid leaving while the rest complete an encounter because a mechanic has been by-passed with the TL.