Give players a way to stop being red

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by qweasy, Jun 20, 2019.

1. qweasy Augur

It's pretty clear you're never going to release a pvp tlp and zek is a hole of garbage. That leaves going red as the only real option for any pvp but most people will never do it because it's permanent.

Give it a 3 day cooldown or something but being able to go red and back at will would add a lot of enjoyment to these servers.
  2. niente Developer

If you haven't already, you can vote for this on the issue tracker:

PvP - Swapping Red and Blue

It's possible this could be done in the future if it is a popular request, but no promises on whether the team would like to make it possible to switch or not (I know reversing PVP players has been a long-time plague for CS). PVP changes tend to be low priority since they affect a smaller part of the playerbase.
    qweasy likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you gave it a non trivial reset time like 1 expansion or 12 weeks then yes.

But if you let people swap back and forth just to grief then firm no.
    potatoface likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

How can they grief anyone? Red players can only attack other red players.
  5. a_librarian Augur

red players charms can't be dispelled by blue players
  6. qweasy Augur

That defeats the entire purpose. No one is going to do it if it means they can't play the game normally. A few days so you can go red for a weekend or between your guilds raid days is more than enough.
    potatoface likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Somehow I don't see anyone going red just to do this, if there is a three day lockout like the OP suggested.

Are there a lot of perma red enchanters running around charming peoples' mobs? Maybe it will become more popular now that charm gate is gone.
  8. Ginix Augur

9. Gabejenkins Journeyman

Have they stated they will never do PvP progression servers? This is probably the only thing that would bring my guild back to play but we talk about it all the time and would pay good money to see it happen :p

I keep in touch with a few guild leaders from back on Rallos that definitely would re-sub for this sort of thing but I always assumed it was just wishful thinking - was wondering if there's been actual word from Daybreak on this sort of thing.
  10. qweasy Augur

Not that I'm aware of. But things like "PVP changes tend to be low priority since they affect a smaller part of the playerbase" says enough.
  11. Guzzle Augur

There is at least one high level enchanter flagged for PvP on Mangler doing it. I mean, personally, I think it's hilarious someone PvP flagged and threw their character away just to grief people, it is what it is!
    potatoface likes this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Thats awesome:p
    potatoface and Yinla like this.
  13. snailish Augur

Transfer the character off a server and they are no longer red.

Obviously doesn't work for FV or Brekt characters as they are stuck.

Obviously doesn't work if you don't want to change servers... but then you did flag red on a blue server. Unless you did this years and years ago (I did, had red flagged newbie gnomes during original LDoN era) you made the clear decision to do something (flag red) that almost no one else on the server was going to do. I have had a red flagged character on many servers, generally as a baz mule as there is no pvp.

If you did this years ago and it means you don't play the character, you could have transferred the character off and back on (yes there is a wait time). On progression, you knew what you were doing or should have at least.

If there is an increase in red-flag shenanigans on the blue servers you are more likely to see this option removed entirely rather than expanded.

---

A red flagged enchanter with known farming spots... that's an easy target if anyone is willing to step in the ring. PK ambush time.
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It was pretty heavily implied in the FoH AMA that PVP is an extremely niche subset of the community and they don't see any real demand for a new PVP server of either a Live or TLP nature.
    jeskola likes this.
  15. Iyacc Augur

Does the Arena still work? MAybe not as fun as open world ambushes but....
  16. Warpeace Augur

So choosing to flag PvP is like rolling a toon on FV. Guess the answer is obvious roll a new toon.

Daybreak really has to do nothing.
  17. Raxdin Life New Member

Then join us! I like the OP and support it, but there is no need to wait, we have a set of full time Red's on the Selo server (as well as some very brave solo reds from other guilds). Resurrect your guild back on the Selo server and clash with us!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/selo-pvp-red-guides.255934/
    snailish likes this.
  18. qweasy Augur

Sure but whens the last time you saw someone sitting in an arena?
    potatoface likes this.
  19. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

IMO - one does not accidentally go red ... it seems they do it either for purposes of griefing or responding to griefing ...

There are other ways of doing PVP ... like the arena ... or perhaps there can be a function where a guild can declare PVP against another ... but if you want WoW or Aion PVP ... they still exist ...
  20. Aziuno Augur

Then you flag red and kill the enchanter. I really don't see how this is a logical complaint.