Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Genjo Lorekeeper

Could you design a raid that is a mirror to the current raid group? Idea being some sort of response raid atttacking the current raid group, that focuses healers, then mezzers and has it's own agenda. It could scale based on success. I think it would cool to have a raid v. raid contest with NPCs.
  2. Mazame Augur

QQ.. their are a number of people I know that only have 1 account and they do just fine.
    I have a number of druid friends that play very well. I know one that prefer to solo and was soloing in EOK just fine when it was current. Come to think of it he was getting 3-4 time the aa per hour then I could do.

I read a number of your post that are just QQing. I sorry but if you need you hand held then maybe you should go to WOW where they hold your hand for everything and give you free loot to boot. Other wise Learn to play your class. Maybe dropping your F2P account will be good for you to just focus on one class so you can get good.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Winnowyl like this.
  3. Absor Developer

It's hard to do with EQ tech, and I don't think you'd like it as much as you think. If the NPCs played like you do, it would be very, very hard to win.
    Jhenna_BB and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  4. Natal Augur

Actually, there was a raid designed like that in OoW.
    Axxius and Brohg like this.
  5. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Some advice from a professional game designer, former Senior Guide and veteran EQ player.

Stop making the same tired old expansions. Start thinking outside the box for once.

Stop creating new lands. Use the lands you already have but give them respectful revamps. Start using existing lands and putting new content there. Most of Norrath is dead with zero players. Create new content for all levels instead of just for raiders.

During the first few years of EverQuest, the gods left their planes and visited mere mortals in outdoor lands. Even dragons were know to appear from time to time. Create more open world encounters. Create mechanics that allow everyone who assist in vanquishing these powerful foes to gain rewards.

Live servers don't even feel like EverQuest. At least TLP servers feel like EverQuest.

Since the release of Shadows of Luclin in 2001, EQ players have had to endure the ugliest looking and horribly animated player character models in all MMO history. Why not spend the time and revamp them? You certainly do have the resources as Holly Longdale admitted in a recent interview that EverQuest is very profitable and make more money each year then the previous year.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/video/435293/EverQuest Holly Longdale Interview/

Since TLP servers are making the the real money for Daybreak Games these upgrades would entice more veterans to come back and new players as well.

Thanks for listening.

Long live Norrath!
  6. Petalonyx Augur

Back on druid healing...

Back in 2000 Druid Regeneration had meaning. Current regen values on the 100+ druid spells are way too low. Have not kept pace with hp increases. Feels like it does nothing. This spell line also lost a lot of value with OOC regen.

Wouldn't it fit in with Druid lore to add healing rain/multi-wave type heal?
  7. Allayna Augur

Can I just steal this for my sig?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Genjo Lorekeeper

Appreciate the feedback, maybe it could be scaled back some. Just a thought of Genjo seeing another Genjo in the opposing raids team would blow my mind. It would really funny to see the "mirror" Genjo out dps me LOL

Appreciate the comment, was nervous to make any comment as not wanting to sound dumb.
  9. Password1234 Augur

I still don't understand where you are coming from. Why can't you zone into TDS? What does that have to do with raising the level cap?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Monkman Augur

I would like to see another underwater raid... could you imagine UEE but underwater?
  11. Allayna Augur

Meh, they’ve improved on underwater fighting. The NPC pushing you has been fixed to be more like a land fight.

If speculation about the portals already in game but inactive are right...we’ll likely see, what, an earthy plane and water plane war to create...mud?
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  12. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Here's an idea, rather than wasting our time on new levels with old spells with new names:

BiC 2.0. If you have finished BiC and have TS of 350 across the board and 7/7 trophies, you get the mother of all tradeskill quests that spans all 25 expansions. The reward is a doosy of an aug to compliment your Artisan Prize.

I'd rather do that than grind out 5 more levels. Although some things in GoD would desperately need fixing, like that faction part of the quest where you have to feed NPCs.
  13. FawnTemplar Augur

[IMG]
    Allayna and Monkman like this.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I agree that Regeneration values need to be drastically increased. However I think Regeneration spells also needs to be recoded to be usable in current content.

Against in era mobs in the level 30-60 range from Classic-Kunark you would sometimes go 1-2 trash mobs/minutes of fighting without getting a single Heal on the tank to top them off. This meant that Regeneration was working the entire time. However against current content Healers are firing off heals every 10 seconds or less, continually topping off health, which means that many ticks occur while your tank is full health and it does nothing.

The change I’d suggest is the idea of “Over-Health” Regeneration. Essentially it has a base Regeneration value that works as normal. If a Regeneration tick fires off while you are max health, that Regen value is added to your “over-health” pool. IE if you have 350k HP and Regen is doing 5k/tick you show as having 355k HP / 350k HP. Cap this over health at let’s say 100k? So you are mainly benefiting from this inbetween fights, but it’s making sure you’re always benefiting.

I would argue this should apply to druid and Magician Damage Shields as well. Normal DS values increased by probably a factor of 5. Then every tick you’re out of combat the buff adds a counter of an additional let’s say 5K DS up to about 20 counters.

Lastly yes Druids should’ve gotten a splash Heal. I believe one was proposed for Druids during Underfoot but the Druid class leader in beta rejected the idea? A very poor decision IMO based on how common AE damage is across the entire game now a days.
  15. Absor Developer

As mentioned by someone, we've done this a bit in some places (there is some of this in one of the PoF missions from TBL), it's just a bit more complicated than it should be and if we did it properly it would inherently be harder if the NPCs, for example, targeted your healers as you mentioned. It's not impossible, and likely we'll do more of it.
  16. Angahran Augur

How about recipes for rank 3 spells from older expansions ?
    Maybe copy the rank 2 recipe and add x amount of the raid currency ?
    Brohg likes this.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The profits they make are not re-invested in EQ or EQ2.

Your EQ monies go to PS2 Arena, 'super secret game they've been working on forever' and the like.
    Xeladom, Beimeith, Ratbo Peep and 2 others like this.
  18. MysticOne Augur

And I went through your post, and all you do is criticize every comment in this forum for a living. So I've put you on ignore, have a nice day.
  19. Angahran Augur

Maybe do something for clerics so that they can actually get groups over mercs ?
  20. Brohg Augur

Something like make the players not afk, and not whine about mercenaries? Those are the only upsides of mercenaries, after all. They're immeasurably worse in every other way already.

If any player isn't getting a group due to mercenaries, it's not the fault of mercenaries.