Idea for Next Expansion Global Chase Loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morthakia, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Morthakia Augur

Chase loot for TBL has been relatively underwhelming. The lack of weapons, the bug that prevented drops for months, and introduction of luck / gear inflation has made Descending Moon loot undesirable to most. Very few people have gotten the drops and those auctioning it struggle to even get a couple million plat. The amount of dev time required was stated as a major contributor to these struggles.

My proposal for next expansion is to make the Exulted Inhabited Muhbis a global drop instead of making any new chase loot. You could have it maintain “No Drop” status, or make a new one that is tradable.

Consequences:
    1) Significant developer time savings from not needing to create duplicates of every raid drop from TBL.
    2) Global Chase has historically been limited to weapons / gear, but not armor. This would open up armor. Right now, raid Glove/Boot slots are available via Fight Fire, and presumably a couple new slots might be offered up in a similar manner next expansion.
    3) If the Exulted Muhbis is no drop, this will deter AFK / BOT farmers looking to sell Global Chase Loot for Krono.
    4) Exulted Muhbis give folks the opportunity to choose which item to make (like RoS Flawless Diamonds), as opposed to having to wait for the specific drop you want. This seems like a fair compromise if the Exulted Muhbis are kept “No Drop.”

Thoughts from the group?
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

1) It's a copy and paste with a new name. It's not likely significant at all.
    3) It is. It's a raid drop, no one is afk bot farming them.
  3. Warpeace Augur

No, no it wont. It will simply increase the General chat auctions of.

WTS loot rights to (insert item), can CotH or add to fellowship 10 Krono:cool: .

Do you pay attention to general chat on some servers? All the hate for FV free trade and yet this loophole is accepted.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

1) Instead I have to copy and paste all the recipes. Not a real savings.
    2) not sure I want to give entire raid gear set out.
    3) What Warpeace said
    4) See 2.
    Allayna and Duder like this.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

maybe add the
    Exultant Inhabited Muhbis to the new Raid chests - treat them like the Raid Diamonds
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would like to see better chase loot next expansion. To be honest I haven't seen one piece people try to auction off that I would ever consider buying. If you include it next expansion it needs a bit more oomph.
  7. Allayna Augur

The chase loot are exact replicas of last years raid, ya know, for not raiding it's pretty amazing.

EoK overreached with exact replicas of CURRENT expansion raid and I personally appreciate that the developers have gone to a 1 year lag system for TRADEABLE RAID GEAR...

I think the issue you are experiencing is that the jump from RoS raid to TBL/GMM group gear was so dramatic that the only thing desirable from these chase drops are the raid level focus effects.

Also there are several chase evolving items, 2 visible and 2 non-vis slots that are BiS.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

I would be fine with there being none at all, but if it is determined that some will exist . . . I just hope weapons/shields get the treatment this time, since they missed the last round.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  9. Morthakia Augur

Appreciate the response. Some additional thoughts.

1) Didn't realize that the recipes all needed to be copied over. Still don't understand that. If the EIM drops in the new expansion, why do you need to copy over the recipes? My idea was literally to have the same item that currently drops in TBL raids a super rare drop in the new expansion. I would have thought the recipes therefore don't change?
    2) Understandable. Your call on this one obviously.
    3) You can't auction off loot rights to a No Drop item if you're AFK. I agree that it won't stop botters looking to farm for themselves, but it will absolutely prevent people from AFK camping them to sell. I've got to imagine that 90% of the people sitting afk in Frontier Mountains these days are getting loot to sell, not to equip themselves.
    4) Again, your call. Appreciate your considering the idea.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

1) No. Not unless you made a NEW droppable mhubis. Put the same ones in game as ultra rares. As someone almost done with mhubis (need 2 more), I don't care. Why should you. If you're going to put the old raid gear in as group rares, then this is no different.

2). Considering that I have only seen people in my guild like 3-4 of these all year, and with people grinding evolving items to max and never seeing one, I don't think this is a problem. If some ultra rich person manages over a year to find enough people with 1 to buy, more power to them.

3) Not seeing the problem. No drop at least makes it less likely the items are sold. Droppable as the concept is now, they are almost ALL sold. Also, letting people pick which item they want is better than getting 0-2 drops over a year of hard playing, and not being able to even use it. It means the price equalizes (no more 1 krono items and 50 krono items, all the same, more accessible to people), more people actually use what they get, etc.

Really, the concern about it is overwrought. This just saves you time which is supposedly so precious. The drop rate is so poor, no one is ever going to end up with more than a few. People can just join random raid guild for an app period, play terrible, and end up fully raid geared anyway in 2-3 weeks.

As someone that has never used these, current raid geared, I do not at all care and don't know anyone that does. Its a fine idea. Put the same exact item in the next expansion as an ultra rare and be done with any development time.
    Morthakia likes this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

As others mentioned, with the addition of Luck to TBL items and the increased stats on TBL group stuff the Ultra Rares this year don't seem as good. If he follows the same model next year the Ultra Rare Items will seem a lot better since they will have Luck and current raid stats/focus. Depending on how much of an increase the Group items for next expansion are will determine how the Ultra Rares stack up but I imagine this years raid items will be at least as good or better than next years group items.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Tuco Augur

I think repeating what was done in TBL for ultra-rare loot (why do people call it chase loot?) would be totally fine as long as:
    1. It drops properly at release :D
    2. There are ultra-rare weapons
    3. They aren't so close in power to the best group-gear. Though frankly I liked having more challenging group-gear to farm in TBL.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm be curious as to how good next expansions chase loot will be pre GMM the best gear was tradeskill.

I thought the chase loot was normally the best raid gear, just wondering what level of gear it will be.
  14. JeffHanson Augur

Automated (afk) bot groups do not auction no-drop loot. By definition, they are completely automated and most are designed to farm droppable chase loot 24 hours a day.

Chase loot should be heirloom, but not tradeable. Tradeable chase loot is the main reason that automation (botting) is used so widely in EQ.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'd really prefer not to be screwed over by a few bad apples. I've seen a few automated groups still sitting around, but they get reported and they go away.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Yes punish the masses and not the bad apples. Its just easier I guess:(
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

this was on your "or make a new one that is tradable." Which would require new recipes.
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

I am indifferent to this outside of the fact of it meaning more time for other stuff. Since more than likely there was dev time going to be spent on rare chase loot with new names.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

(anything else is more work at this point. I've already created the next set of Ultra-Rare loot.)
    Gana, Skinwalker and Allayna like this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

All a moot point then.

But keep in mind if we get to another expansion, presume we will, that if you do have a raid drop that is TS based or turn in based, just throwing that as ultra rare the next expansion should be perfectly acceptable.