.001% whats the point?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ummm not sure why the change to show health and AA to .001% As if the numbers weren't large enough....

I sometimes wonder if they make these changes just so we have to fix custom UIs. :(
  2. svann Augur

We asked for decimals on the mobs health. Specifically, those mobs we need to balance kill.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not seeing any changes to the target window.....

Which figures I guess.
  4. smash Augur

This is something that should not have been put it.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Of all the percents they could have expanded, the one that would be the most useful (Evolving XP percent) wasn't touched :(

This change really is just annoying. Nobody at all needs or cares about this level of precision on their experience or h/m/e. I'm now spending all day trying to fit these overly large numbers into my previous custom UI design.

If you're going to do something like this, at least give us some option to not use the numbers. New EQTypes, a checkbox option, something
    Tiane and Yinla like this.
  6. Skinwalker New Member

As it is their game.

I always laugh an smile greatly. When I see people itching an moaning about something messed up their custom UI.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Some folks like minor changes like this, some don't. I'm indifferent as I've never been one to stare at numbers, parse, or even much care how much of anything I get/output. But it is clear from various threads that people want minutiae introduced into their game experience so, why not.

If nothing else, all of the people that suggest one character gets more experience than another under identical circumstances will have something more granular to support (or refute) their claims.
    Daedly likes this.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Schadenfreude is not something to be proud of.
    Tuco likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Just had to fix my player window to make room for this nonsense.
    They could have at least given us the option to turn this off in the xml.
    e.g.
    <Precision>0</Precision> = 0 decimal places, then 1, 2 or 3.

Gonna be a total pita to fix everything.
    I had just updated a load of labels to use the <append> tag to add the % symbol and now that won't work if I try to shrink the label size to hide the decimal places.
    Plus it'll still look like crap if the value isn't '100'.
    Tiane, RPoo and Axxius like this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Somebody on the DBG side must have misunderstood what was requested.
    • HP in Target, Extended Target and Target's Target with 0.1% precision. This is necessary for the balance raids such as Empyr #2.
    • AA progress with 1% precision.
    3 decimal places is a massive overkill. And there is no need for any decimals in the player's hp bar.
    But the most important thing is that it's implemented (the <Precision> parameter). Thank you very much! Just change the defaults please.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is a minor annoyance more annoyed that they wasted time changing it, when there are so many other things which need fixing.

I can live with it as is, they have only made the first 2 digits (the important onces) very difficult to read, but hey I can see the .393 very very clearly!

Does scare me into how little exp/aa we will be recieving in the new expansion if they need to give us .001 %
  12. Detrolyn Journeyman

How did you get them fixed up?
  13. niente Developer

We do not support custom UIs.

This change was originally intended to be an increase on the precision of NPC HP %. That cannot be done at this time because it would increase the amount of NPC/PC stat updates by 10x (this type of update is already a significant portion of zone traffic).
  14. smash Augur

Then if you cannot do what it was intended for, then it imo, should not have been put in, because for players decimal points for hps/manaxp is not worth the change.

For myself, I have the precise numbers in hps/mana/endurance, and I really do not need that I have 95,565% mana.

IMO, undo the change in July patch
  15. Excrutio New Member

EDIT: After a verification on assets I can once again load custom UIs.

You could at least not completely break the functionality. I cannot load even a basic custom UI (single change) and my UIErrors.txt is always this:

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Looks like there is some misinformation out there when I load both the default and a custom UI hp/mana/endurance display to 1 decimal point and xp/aa/maa display to 3 decimal points which is nice as you can actually see the xp bar move when you kill things at higher levels now.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing there is something else wrong with your custom UI as the one I use (AYA) was able to load with no changes and no errors.
  18. Angahran Augur

So, you couldn't do what you wanted to do so you did something completely useless that nobody wanted ?
    Seems like a great use of resources.

How about turn it off until you can do what you wanted ?
    Endaar and Tiane like this.
  19. Angahran Augur

Nothing in this patch should have prevented loading custom UIs.
  20. Intenso Augur

so they can make us balance mobs to lame 0.01?