Robe appearance (old models)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by keldo, Jun 18, 2019.

1. keldo New Member

Made it to 110 after being away for 15 years, and to my great disappointment all of the TBL/RoS robe apperances for group stuff are plain cloth newbie robes with no old school patterns such as Oracle, SMR, Planar. My question is: Is there a way to augment using heroes forge and get different robe skins using the old models?

Doesn't necessarily have to be a classic pattern, really anything other than plain cloth would be nice.

Thanks for any information!
    Aenvar likes this.
  2. Caell Augur

Heroes Forge doesn't work on old models. If you want to see what new gear is intended to look like and/or use Heroes Forge turn on the new models.
  3. Scorrpio Augur

Pretty sure that is not what OP means. Not old pre-Luclin models, but pre-hero forge robe models. Before slot 21 and ornamentations were a thing, many robes had very distinct appearance. A lot of NPCs in PoK were those models. Loyalist vendor has Robe of the Oracle, Scolar Klaz (research merchant) sports Robe of the Kedge, and pretty sure jewelcraft vendor in small bank wears a Shiny Metallic Robe.

Problem is, pretty much all endgame robes today have the plain cloth robe look, expected to be slotted with an ornament. While there are plenty of choices out there, there seem to be no old model robe ornaments. I personally would love to make my chanter robe look like Insidious or Flowing Black, but short of actually wearing one, there is no way.
    Ndaara and Rijacki like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Hero's Forge ones in the marketplace are very elaborate. Robe of elemental fire is slick
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Yes they are, but why do people run epic request when marketplace has so many cool weapon ornaments?
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

I use both my epic ornamentations on my weapons because I like the way they look. Same way I spect you like the other weapons lol.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

I love the old-school robe models like Oracle, SMR, Kedge, etc. It was a lot of fun earning a new robe on my caster toons and equipping it to see which graphic I'd be styling.

It was a huge disappointment when I had finally farmed enough silks to make my first Conflagrant robe (on the first try -- that's a lot of silks) and found it had the newbie robe graphic. Meh!

I think the Hero's Forge graphics are way over the top, and I would never use them. Bring back classic robe models!
    Ndaara, Rijacki and Cidran like this.
  8. Monkman Augur

It would be interesting to see a census on how many use old models vs new models.

I for one am all old models (including mage pets) minus vah shir/guktan/drakkin

And as a monk who dons a robe from time to time I can appreciate the OPs qualm.
    Aenvar likes this.
  9. Cidran Augur

+1 on the census idea... From another old model user.
  10. keldo New Member

Thanks for the info. Seems like a missed opportunity for them. This game feeds on nostalgia and returning players, doubt it would be difficult to put some old model robe options in the cash shop.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You have no idea.

But can't you use the 'Illusion trick' to achieve the look you want?

-put on robe you want appearance of
    -cast illusion
    -put on robe you want stats of
    -drop illusion
    Beardsy and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  12. keldo New Member

Thank you for the illusion tip. Close enough to what I am looking for!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Fluid Augur

I just wish there were more items that a magic user could use that don't look like a bath robe or a prom dress. I only do it for a couple of characters but I choose armor that looks fairly natural or absent. Not a lot to choose from but the simple cloth shirt works for a while. I think next is a rib cage from a Goblin Alchemist. Still working working Shardtooth's Flayed Skin on two characters but isn't exactly raid level gear.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. birdsong_pawn Augur

Platinum Efreeti Armor drops in the zone Jewel of Atiiki as part of a quest. It can be equipped by anyone and has a plate graphic.

Adding some of the classic robe/armor graphics as Hero's Forge augmentations would be pretty cool. I'd surely rock a full suit of Rubicite on my ranger. How about the old-school wood elf chain tunic with a tree on it?
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I honestly think that most of the people will use new models simply because I am of the opinion that more people started playing after Luclin or like the Luclin models than started playing before Luclin and/or don't like the Luclin models.
  16. Krabbi New Member

I just wanted to add my voice for more love for the old models. Or a redo of some actually good new models would be good too.
  17. uberkingkong Augur

This is why we need EQ3.

Past 10 years. Year after year,
    still same issues.
    1999 2000 2001 visibles don't work?

Old game, outdated, old engine, old old old.

Also, another point.

New expansion, same old items, just not as old as the older items.

Other games, new expansion = new visible gear/looks.