Fix Spam Filter Or Disable it

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by medrictech, May 31, 2015.

1. medrictech New Member

This is stupid please take out your spam filter that doesn't work and make it like the old days where you just put people on the ignore list. I get put on it for no reason i even talked to your gm's when they take me off of it saying you guys need to do something about it. If you can't get ride of it at least put a timer on it like 10mins or 15mins then it auto takes you off. You don't even get notified about being on it until 30mins to 1hr you wondering why know one will respond to your tells for a group. You have had this problem since beta and you still have done ZERO to do anything about it. Being on the spam filter you might as well just suspend the account or temp band the account because you can't play anyways when you are on it. The game is about communicating and grouping, which you can't do because your spam filter tags you ever time you try to msg someone or reply to someone. Please at least disable the spam filter until you figure away to fix it and make it work better. I am a paying customer that doesn't get to play the game more then me getting to play the game. People please support this rant with other ways of them fixing the problem or agreeing with me that they need to disable spam filter until they fix the issue.
    Motherlee and Julio like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The spam filter only goes on (as far as I know) when other players report you as spam. This rarely happens on the Live servers but apparently there are a lot of idiots on the progression servers reporting people as spam incorrectly.
  3. Myth Elder

it cant be only when other players report you, because all 3 of my accounts got flagged today, and I never speak on the other 2.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Never do any says on quests? Even a say can be reported as spam.
  5. Drezzdin New Member

I can confirm that it is not just when others report. I have had three tickets to GM...each time was fixed. Decided to move to Lockjaw just in case it was Ragefire for some reason. Nope...made a brand new toon after the GM said my account was taken off of SPAM. Didn't talk to anyone on the new server until someone gave me SOW (lvl3)...tried to say thank you ...and what do you know....on Spam Block again!! Turned off my PC went to the store and purchased Witcher 3 for the PS4...had a wonderful evening with it. Sorry, but until this gets taken care of I wont be paying for a service I cannot use.
  6. Hypera New Member

Happened to me too. I was in middle conversation in tells, magician, and ooc. Poof can't talk anymore and no one respond. The have a system that gives powers to trolls and . What idiots are EQ thought it was smart to implement this. People can just /ignore you if they don't want to hear what you're saying.
  7. Tholiak New Member

Bumping to get this looked at. Char is still on Spam list....

Tholiak..take him off!!
  8. Hypera New Member

I with Tholiak on that. I had ton of people mark me as unspam and still locked.

IGN :: Hypera

FIX IT PLEASE SO I CAN PLAY THE GOD DAMN GAME I PAY FOR.
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Julio New Member

Yesterday I had spam filter removed 4 times from my account and then I still got flagged again for the remainder of my play time. The best part is, I am not spamming. Disable this crap system please. Stop allowing an automated system to control our gaming experience which is dictated by disgruntled 6 man boxers who just want to report everyone they feel like as spam.
    Motherlee likes this.
  10. Motherlee Augur

I believe the bug is from the new players system they put in when they did away with silver status. Until they fix it, turn your spam filter off. Everytime I see someone marked as spam, I unmark them. Don't know if it's helping.
  11. Tildien New Member

Please. It is incredibly infuriating when you are having a good time and talking to people and then randomly no one responds to you. You sit there wondering why for a minute till you message a friend or some random person says you are marked as spam. Then... you are all alone. Can't talk to anyone who doesn't have the filter on show, which is defaults on hide. No more finding groups. no more replying to people if you are flagged LFG. Please fix this or tell us how it even works. Otherwise, sorry to say it. love the game but not if i cant communicate
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is really a massive problem on Ragefire.

Personally I haven't been flagged as SPAM, probably because my account has been around awhile. However, I've seen a HUGE amount of players that are filtered out as SPAM, and the vast majority of the server can't hear them unless they've changed their filter to show it.

In fact, since I've enabled viewing the messages (3 or 4 days now), I've clicked on nearly every single one when I have time just to see if ANY of them were actual spam. Literally none so far. No plat sellers, no PL/gear services, none of that crap. Every single filtered message is just a normal chat message, most often by players that have no idea they aren't being heard.

It would be a huge service to the players, and you'd retain a lot of frustrated customers if this filter can just be disabled on Ragefire. I'm sure that most of these players haven't petitioned or anything to let their issue be known, because they don't even know they are "spammers."
  13. medrictech New Member

Bump keep bumping until we are heard because i have yet to see ONE DEV reply to any of the spam filter post.. Shows they don't care and they know about the bug since beta since its been here since beta
  14. Tholiak New Member

my money is on its people/their guild flagging people who are selling the same items as them in an effort to silence competition. as my toon was flagged for spam after I undercut a guy selling Chanter/mage research spells...
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Is there a flag so you can see the spam? Thought it had to be flagged so it would show up as SPAM.
  16. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

In my experience I would get hit like this on Mangler until I cleverly found ways around saying "plat" or "buy" in tells in EC tunnel.

Like, "Hey, I'll buy that for 500 plat"

tell never gets a response

"Hey, I'll do 500 on that"

tell gets a response

I think they have clumsy word filters set up to stop RMT plat selling
  17. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I just realized this thread is four years old.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Corwyhn practiced his thread rezz spell on it.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Was looking up the issue of getting marked as spam sorry I didn't look at the date.

I do MGB sessions a few times a day on Xegony and lately I have been getting marked as spam I assume do to the pre MGB announcements. Switch announcements to a new toon new toon marked as spam.

Since I am the only one who does a whole set of MGBs for every level its a bit of a bummer that a lot of people never see the annoucements. Been doing these a few times a day for 4 years and every so often it seems some group takes it upon then to use the spam marker. Or its just the buggy spam filter.

Anyway sorry again when I googled the issue I forgot to check how old the thread was.
  20. Moege Augur

Why sorry, 4 years later it is still relevant !

PS: If you bypass the launcher then you are guaranteed to be marked as spam / cannot claim veteran rewards