Tradeskill patch changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Old School, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Old School Journeyman

Increased chance to get recipe components! YES!...wait...what? Words of Possession will more likely drop then...umm. So let me get this straight. What your saying is the chance to get tradeskill drops that haven't been used in tradeskills in this decade will drop more often. So instead of, i donno..removing the useless no longer used drops you increase the chance you get them instead of the cash loot runes that were put in to replace the value of the tradeskill drops being removed from recipes?
    What the actual...
    Do they even play the game?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

You realize there is a bigger focus getting Max TS now and that means to 350.....for reasons.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

This affects TLPs more than it does Live servers where you aren't likely to be spending much time in the zones where these drop anyway.
  4. Vinjin Lorekeeper

As someone who just recently completed the Artisan's Prize, and also went back to these old zones to farm research drops to reach 350, and still needs to do the same thing for numerous other tradeskills, I can say this is a welcome change.

I also remember while I was doing this, how excited I got when a TS page dropped to see if it was one that I still needed. At the same time, it was mind-numbingly annoying at having to constantly manage the Adv Loot window with items like those runes. At least that was the quicker option though than them taking up bag space just to earn a few plat back at the end of the farming session.

There are PLENTY of other places you can go to farm up some plat. Those TS drops are often precious for anyone working on tradeskills today. So, IMO, this was certainly a good change.
    Sheex and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Yup, still need to get my research to 350 and that change definitely helps. I had all those runes on neverloot list anyway...
  6. Balthozzar Elder

To me, this is something that needs to be done for just about all of the older tradeskill drops, not just the old research items. (Man, I remember having characters that did nothing but mule all of the words/pages/runes back in the day.) There is so much content that people just don't play anymore unless they are farming for tradeskills. Do us a favor so that we can spend a couple hours obliterating entire zones for what we need instead of several hours. ;)
  7. Gana Augur