If you had to pick one class to play from classic to live, which would it be?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Jun 18, 2019.

1. TLP Addict Augur

One main char, from launch day till the day the server catches up to live, raiding, grouping, soloing or whatever play style you prefer. Which class would be the one that you would do all the way?
  2. EQDime New Member

I am a Paladin for life, even though they don't get much love. Rogue would be my second choice.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

SK all day long if we are picking a class that is useful from start to finish without the need for groups but is highly sought after in both the group and raid game. If we are just picking a class that is fun but not as well rounded as an SK I would go ranger. I think they have the most flexibility in different play styles from bowing it, melee, casting, spot healing, situational tanking, pulling and buffing. Both are fun classes and I find ranger to be more fun but SK opens up more content and possibilities within the game.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  4. a_librarian Augur

Shaman or bard
  5. Trox2010 Augur

So far I've only been playing Wizard on Mangler, and plan on riding this horse all the way through to live. Its nice finally having a TLP with an XP rate that allows me to level up and raid current era content while still maintaining a life with my family outside the game.
  6. Fiyero Augur

Interesting that you pick the 2 classes most people view as the least desired in the game. Guess you like being a less played class?
  7. MileyVyrus Elder

Necromancer, the most amusing choice if stuck with 1 box
  8. Gilamas New Member

Do you think mangler will make it to live with any population left? How far is the server now?

If I had to pick it would be monk or ranger I think. If we reach live on phinny I can say I did it all on a monk
  9. Gremin Augur

Warrior, I always end up back at warrior.
  10. wildone Elder

a human warrior with a patch all the way and rodget nife deity
    TLP Addict likes this.
  11. Nebby Lorekeeper

Necro, Its a fun class to play
  12. Moranis Augur

Necro for when I need to be able to snap to attention at the behest of the wife.

Bard for when I can actually sit and play, uninterrupted.
  13. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

14. Roxas MM Augur

beastlord. the first few expansions are just plain boring without them.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Ranger, if you want to have a challenge.
  16. EQDime New Member

I have always enjoyed Paladin from an RP standpoint, I enjoy what the class stands for and is typically what I play in any RP game. Rogue, I just like being sneaky and stabbing things sometimes.
  17. Gana Augur

I would say SK or Paladin. SK is really just Paladin after clicking the Easy button.
  18. SunDrake Augur

19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This!

Beast and Shammy are doing well on Selo, but the beast is definately more fun of the two. :)
  20. Hadesborne Augur

If they actually revamped their dots, then I would roll a necro immediately. Until then, I am actively telling other players NOT to play a necro as they are horribly tuned from luclin on.