New TLP Idea

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nebby, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Nebby Lorekeeper

It seems like every year a new TLP is released and everyone quits and goes to that new one. Here is an idea.... Build 1 TLP server that has All expansions unlocked. Every year or every 2 years the server is wiped and you have to start over. Have a High XP rate and see how far you can get. I would play on that server at least 1 or 2 wipes. Only thing I can't figure out would be items you purchased from the store. One hand, they would be wiped and people would have to put more money into the cash shop... On the other, the purchased could be linked to their account. Once they create their new char after the wipe, they could claim it from the shop.

Am I the only one that would enjoy a server like this?
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Could bring back the Discord Permadeath server concept. People loved that.
  3. Nebby Lorekeeper

Did they make a permadeath server?
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

They did as an event server in 2003.

It um

Well let's just say they haven't made another one that I'm aware of.
  5. Nebby Lorekeeper

Was that during the Legendary server days? I forgot all about those servers.

I dont know if I would enjoy a Permadeath server. There are times I goof and end up dead. That would be sad. Given I would probably still play it though.

Honestly though I think they need to do something different besides the yearly release of a new TLP. I Thought about Selo's I may give it a shot. I know I don't put any real money towards the TLPs besides my Sub fee, because I know in a year it will die out anyways.
  6. Numiko Augur

It was a promotional server that was just up for a month or so before the launch of Gates of Discord.
    max level was capped at 50, only one character per account, increased exp and if you died you were reset to level 1 with all gear lost.

You also got points for killing other players on the server and it was promised that the top 6 player killers names would be used on items that dropped in GoD... I don't remember if that actually happened or not though.
  7. Nebby Lorekeeper

Ahh thats why I dont remember. RL got in the way. I ended up quitting at POP