Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Aurastrider Augur

There would be an easy solution to this for those who want to "work" for the achievements. Just put an autogrant checkbox in like there is for AA's. It would take nothing away from those who want to "earn" everything they are given while also giving other who don't have years worth of time to catch up the ability to do so.
  2. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

• Cut the bow minimum distance to about 1/2 of what it is for mobs that are currently tanked by someone else.
    • Shadow Spike arrow to be used with endless quiver.
    • Make an AA for Hybrid classes that allows for endurance use to lower mana use cost.
    • The Guardian of Doomfire should always drop a few Type 19 AUGS(maybe always an enhancement), and at least a bag or some type of single item loot.
    • Stacking issues for trade-skill items in TBL fixed.
    • The crippling lag caused during raids when the DPS/overflow window is shrunk fixed.
    Tuco likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

That won't go well in today's EQ. They had to implement instancing even for old content on TLP. Like it or not, but most of the hardcore EQ players who used to race for open world raids back in 1999-2003 have grown up together with the game. Raiding at odd hours, watching for open zone boss repops, waiting on a post/text and being ready to jump into the game ASAP - who does that anymore?

If the devs create an open zone raid with rewards comparable to what NToV, Ssra, VT, or elemental planes were back in the day, there will be a riot. And if the rewards are meaningless/novelty then nobody will bother to race for them.
    Vuplar Endoscribe likes this.
  4. AcemoneyFV Augur

This, please. More weapon skins from all expansions.
  5. TheStugots Augur

That would work well and would be used my 99.9% of players, but let’s not get carried away here. Nothing in this game takes years worth of time to catch up...not even for super casuals.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

The only way you fail this raid is to say you got it in the bag. :p :D
    Cadira likes this.
  7. MelediWeaver Journeyman

Actually read most of this thread. Some deal with fixes, got to agree.. having zones crash less, follow work better, would be lovely... but I am sure a lot of this is on the current bug fix list. Minor annoyances like non stackable powersources fixes would also be cool.. but not on the big picture list.
    For me.. a wish list for the next expansion...
    First idea - I would like some missions geared to all of one class. Like a mission where all clerics / all bards / all necros could go in and there would be a class suitable challenge set up. Something where the best of those in the class get a tick mark would be very cool.
    Second idea -
    I raid.. but I also love grouping content that I can do with non-raid geared friends. The part suggested where missions could be done at a lower or harder level to me might be an answer to locking zones behind content. You can get to the zones and do the lesser level of quests with old group gear and sub-optimal group makeup. To do the harder missions you have to pass the harder missions in each zone. That way all could see the zones and their story ( I hated how hard it was to get people past Smoke), but there would be more challenge for better loot. Do this with a tradecraft drop for making armour perhaps?
    Last thing - please do not let mercs cast type III spells. The only merc that actually works well enough to go with is the healer. As a cleric it is already hard enough to get a group. If you do go this way.. make the people with the mercs attend the raids and bid on the darned things to give to their mercs. It is not easy to get these spells in many guilds folk.
  8. Kuvian Lorekeeper

"While it’s REALLY early to be chatting about expansions, we thought we’d let you know that you may want to level up your characters to max. We will be adding 5 levels for characters this year!"

Ngreth I am tempted to type some words that would get me banned. I promise you, I am saying them out loud right now.
  9. cygnet Journeyman

Object to unlock doors for lower level zones if you are 110 it would unlock maybe 90 or 85 and below zone doors.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

I think you are confusing levels and AAs with achievements. A fresh toon or a returning/new player could easily spend years trying to catch up on old content and as more achievements get introduced it just puts players even further out of reach especially casuals.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  11. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

More to the point, if it wasn't already well known, the TLPs have shown that Open World FFA raiding only brings out the most toxic and obnoxious parts of the community without adding any real benefit to the game.
    Brohg, Vuplar Endoscribe and Axxius like this.
  12. enclee Augur

I agree not autogranting hero aa's, I've accepted that I have no desire to go back and camp rare mobs for check marks. Although, it'd be a dream come true if those achievements were shared account-wide.
  13. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Oh please, you cry cause you had to do some work. I came back after a LONG afk YEARS!!, and got the progression done. I don't wanna hear it....
  14. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

For funzies Ngreth you should allow the previous to current but make it 1000 previous for 1 current lols (then after a year see who actually did it) lol
  15. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

This is just a sour approach. (I used to think like that too) But now, not so much. Giving players (that don't raid) gear that is raid quality is GREAT for the raiding community. There are TONS of skilled players that DON'T raid because they are in a guild that doesn't. Or are in a guild that can't. Either way this gives people an option to get ready to raid if they want too.

THAT is a good thing. Being an officer of a high end raid guild I know you understand how recruiting is and this just helps the pool WE ALL pick from.

Chase items for example. Yep let group players be able to attain raid quality stats on them and give a bonus tier for the raiders to be above the raid tier (kinda like how gmm non visi's are compared to tbl's)

I don't understand the thinking behind the (not my precious) mindset.

Also yes, there ABSOLUTELY SHOULD be things that raiders get that groupers cant (and it shouldnt be stats)
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

1. Put an end to the raid DPS checks and power up timers that have been getting out of hand since TDS. Lower end raid guilds / alliances can at least slog through one maybe two events on a night that way. They will still progress MUCH slower and flag and gear up MUCH slower than the high end guilds. We are VERY tank and healer heavy, many with toons made back in 1999. Changing mains is just not an option for "old timers" - people are very attached to their main. And most of us are over 50 - oldest is late 70's. "Get Gud" just isn't realistic for every gang. This game is now 20 years old. A lot of the player base that started in their late 30's are now pushing 60.

2. Increase the gap between raid and group gear so it's like it used to be. The old 2 expansion gap at least gave suckier raid groups a *reason* to raid stuff after putting on a few levels.

3. Make the group content a little more "box-friendly" again. A lot of retired people like to box the group progression and farm gear and spells during the day. (And raid with their main only at night.) I know a few people that have dropped subs for their boxes because it "wasn't worth the hassle". Yes grouping is preferred of course - but many people play alone during the day in the group content.
    -Rat
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Bamboompow Augur

Heh, raid gear is easier to get than some all of the raid quality things group players have access to.

Raid gear: Show up (80% of the effort). Pay a decent amount of attention (15%) and play well (5%) and you get nice stuff on all slots.

Raid quality gear obtained in group setting: Massive time sink (80%), and Luck (20%) and you get nice stuff on very limited slots.

Some players just can't raid, but nicer gear helps no matter who you are. Some of this notion that nice stuff is just the raid domain has to be given a hard look when time zones alone prohibit raiding for some. Not sure if the term "unfair advantage" applies, but it definitely skirts the periphery.
  18. Archery Lorekeeper

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Love the response :)
  19. Duder Augur

Is it your goal to upset people? Haven't you already done enough?
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

Oh! And for Cod's sake - PLEASE find a silly reason to set a raid on Thulisaur Island. You built us a "Jurassic Park" and never (yet) put a raid there for us to play in.
    Make the Big Boss using the T-Rex model, but bigger, and grey and call it "Idominable Rex" (an homage to the "Indominus Rex" from Jurassic World 1). ALL the models were great, and we want to see them all as adds and stuff. :)
    Elyssanda likes this.