True box but keeps kicking my wife and I

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Riggles, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Riggles Journeyman

Finally talked my wife into playing Everquest with me on Mangler. She is new to EQ. But it seems at least once a day we both abruptly get removed from the game. It's a known bug that when we hit the same key at almost identical times, boom, you are gone! It just happened the second time within 6 hours and my wife has had enough. Thanks Daybreak for not fixing this travesty for several years now. Thought I could enjoy the game with my wife, but no.

If you don't want more than one account playing from the same IP address, just say so amd don't claim it's a "True box" server, as it is not. We didn't get booted back in the day. Also, great business model trying to run people off.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yeah when me and my 23 kids play at the same time we have the same problem. Like WTF Daybreak can't a polygamist and his family enjoy playing a video game. Unsubbed on all 24 accounts
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

DBG has zero, and I mean zero, interest in fixing this. I created a video showing myself playing normally with no button mashing and sent it to them. Nothing. I sent PMs. Nothing. Not so much as a peep. Oh, except for the CS guy who essentially said, "Stop cheating and you won't have a problem." ******* ********
  4. Spayce Augur

I've ran into this a few times when 6 boxing if I'm spamming a button on one keyboard then hit that same key on another keyboard. It seems like once true box nails you, it becomes much more sensitive for a ~24 hour period (totally unsubstantiated theory on my part).

I'm guessing one of you was spamming a kick or cast key, and the other started hitting the same key...boom. The good news is the disconnect drops you from the server immediately, so you won't log in dead, and you can log back in immediately.

It's pretty lame, and won't be fixed ever by this sub par dev team, so the best advice is to map your most used skills to different keys than your wife.
  5. Machentoo Augur

For a very small subset of players, this does not work (nor does anything else.) If two characters are playing on the same network, they will periodically get the same disconnects the rest of us get if spamming the same key. For players that are affected by this, no one's been able to figure out a reason for it or a way around it. The problem has been ignored by Daybreak.

I don't know if the OP falls into this category or not based on what he's posted, but if he does, none of the advice that works for the rest of us will fix his problem.
  6. Riggles Journeyman

If someone has 24 accounts, DBG should be kissing their feet.
  7. wildone Elder

Easy solution use your phone as internet on the second pc,you can try using the wifi from your router on your phone and that might work also.
  8. Nebby Lorekeeper

I had that issue a lot on agnarr. Mangler I haven't had an issue. I stopped spamming buttons. Only work around would be to change your keyboard layout. That way you have no fear of triggering the truebox code
  9. HimoShifu New Member

You could try KeyTweak. It will remap the buttons in Windows. Don't know if it will help get around the disconnects or just fail miserably. But you could set buttons to do whatever other button you want. Could set 1-0 to function as Numpad 1-0 and vise versa.
  10. Quasii New Member

Use a VPN on one of your computers. Problem solved.
  11. Nebby Lorekeeper

VPN's get pricey though
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Never mind, Quasil said it.
  13. Boxxin New Member

Get a year long VPN like most of us do anyway for normal everday use. No reason to have your actual IP visible at any point for ANYTHING you do.

I use IPVanish, cant be tracked/logged by anything because they dont record connections. Great for other uses as well lol.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I have a friend who uses one. It's $40 a year for 5 computers. That's dirt cheap.
  15. Riggles Journeyman

Thanks guys. I can't believe I didn't think of using a VPN. Two hours so far and now no issues. DBG must own stock in VPN's to force people to use them.
  16. Kywen Augur

I’m surprised only one person called you a cheater. All I got was hate when I had the same issue boxing two accounts on two desktops. I quit trying to play on so-called True Box servers, but maybe I’ll try the VPN.