Mage race?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Zinkeh, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Zinkeh Augur

Hey :) Had a gnome mage on p99 and was gonna start one on mangler.

Back in the day there was always the arguement of x race is best for x class and whatnot. Any of that home true anymore? Is there a race that has an advantage initially as a mage?

I recall dark elves get hide, gnomes get tinker, etc. Seen a lot of high elves though too.
  2. kizant Augur

Dark Elves are superior to all others.
  3. Mintalie Augur

Go gnome or go home.
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

High elf magicians have an innate 10% DPS increase because of being a high elf.

Gnome magicians have an innate 90% DPS decrease.

Erudite and dark elf magicians have an innate 10% decrease.

Drakkin magicians have no penalty, but after 30 days your character is deleted and a hand comes out from your computer monitor and slaps you in the face for making such a dumb decision in the first place.

I think it is fairly obvious based on the above mentioned factual data which race is clearly superior over all others...
    Sheex and Mintalie like this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you want serious replies post in the TLP section :)
  6. Brohg Augur

Cicelee's post does expose one truth, though : if you don't have feelings about your character's basics, they may not be the right ones for you.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Once you go Neriak, you never go back.

Also, everybody hating you adds to your instincts...
  8. kizant Augur

Dark Elves have ultravision, high intelligence, and look cool. Most other races are either dumb, blind, ugly, or too short. The only other contender for #1 is Guktan and I don't really have anything against them. Their main problem is that every time you look at a Guktan you immediately wish it were a Froglok and that can make you sad.
    IblisTheMage, Sancus and Brohg like this.
  9. Skewert Lorekeeper

I like Dark Elf because of the "hide" racial ability. Nice to be able to go AFK with a permanent invis from level 1 (might take a few clicks to get it to trigger though, as skill is capped at 50 - 100 being needed to work every time, I believe). Innate Ultravision is nice too. Good caster stats overall.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

If you're not playing an Elf of some kind, why are you even playing ElfQuest? (that's the name of this game, right?)
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

We need to expand this to include those poor misguided souls who ended up Barbarian/male after utterly failing at character select. Good stuffs.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  12. Gana Augur

All you need to know is the definition of erudite to come to the proper conclusion.