Spawn time/chance of named spawn VP key/Epic quest mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forbidden, Jun 15, 2019.

1. yerm Augur

Name what the bottlenecks are, eg a vp medallion piece.

Now, name which ones are gated behind other people and their competition (such as a kaesora ground spawn) rather than bring available freely (like trak tooth which is instanced).

Now, finally, name which of these do not have a means of overcoming the competition via the use of planning and teamwork, eg having your guild spawn kaesora picks. Are there even any left?

Finally, for these remaining issues which cannot be solved via teamwork and cooperation, how much of the 3 mangler months of kunark do you expect things continue to be this way before they are available?
  2. Scruff Elder

the only VP key piece i'd actively advocate change for is the Ancient Jarsath, the entire design and logic behind this particular spawn is just an absolute disaster that needs to be given the forager/hunter seb key treatment and never looked back at.
    every other part of the VP key is at least consistent or static in some shape or form, the AJ camp is pure chaos from base design of 'everything is placeholder sometimes' to the absolutely nightmarish player interactions that incur from it
    ((the three-day respawns on epic quest mob/handins is also a load of hooey that needs to be put in the garbage but i don't think anyone will ever argue against that))
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm not doing VP anything on mangler, no one I know is for the simple fact VP is a waste. But here we go from memory.
    1. Ancient Jarsath gated behind sheer stupidity.
    2. Ground spawn kaesora stupidity.
    3. Bloodgill guy in lake gated behind stupidity still?
    Nothing in any quest should ever be behind a wall of time, make it spawn a challenging mob fit for a group or raid. Those type of designs were conceived in 1999 when the population of players was spread over 15 - 20 servers and information was extremely limited.

Only makes sense to adjust that against the very idea that 99% of everyone on a TLP knows where to go for a quest and thus those old timers of stupidity while they were semi-OK in 1999 are next to sheer stupidity in 2019.

If your idea of competition is waiting to snipe, steal and script pickups the fastest then perhaps the next suggestion for a TLP for the ultra competitive types should be a server where everything has reduced spawn time of say 1000% then everyone can enjoy that competition. I don't enjoy ruining other folks play time in a game that is revolving around player vs world.
  4. suineg Lorekeeper

Kaesora ground spawn is exact same timer as the other so it’s no different except that it’s in a known spot.

Bloodgill guy is the fastest piece because it’s on a very short timer and guaranteed spawn.

Are you even doing the same quest?
  5. Skunt New Member

The Ancient Jarsath situation is absolutely absurd, and really needs to be changed. Everything else is a pain in the , but doable. I still have no idea how a certain guild on Mangler managed to complete enough keys to clear VP in the time they did, given the AJ bottleneck (not to mention all the other crap).
  6. Bard2019 Elder

From what myself and others witnessed first-hand, they accomplished it using whatever program allows you to warp around instantly to the AJ, charm him, then instantly disappear across the zone to kill him and let guildmates loot. All without actually casting any sort of spells. And as usual, some idiot will say "just dispel them" anytime that charming is mentioned, but when someone has the ability to completely disappear, instantly, along with the mob you are supposed to be dispelling, it's an impossibility to land your dispel which requires and actual casting time from those of us that aren't cheating. This particular character did this for a solid 7-8 days straight, about 20-ish hours per day, so possibly a shared account. When we got curious and started tracking down their gate point, they would change it to a new location. A short interaction in tells with this particular person had them claiming they were using "instant gate potions you newb". I don't recall any sort of gate potions available in classic or live that allow you to teleport directly to a specific named mob, especially one that roams around. I personally sent a petition on day two of Kunark launch with full detail about this and nothing whatsoever was done as the very same level 51(at the time) bard continued to farm key pieces for the rest of the guild in question, which are now reaping the benefits of cheating without as much as a slap on the wrist. I also messaged a senior guide directly, simply asking them if they would mind looking into these activities and was told flat out that they couldn't do so, to petition it and "hopefully someone will get around to it".
  7. Xhartor Augur

They are probably using a wand of allure from fear, with an open rez box they just need to accept. Instant cast allure, then click yes on the rez box.
  8. Pikallo Augur

While it is possible they are using a 3rd party program to "warp instantly to the named mob", I doubt that is what is actually happening. More than likely, the user is using sh0w3q to track AJ and see where and when exactly it spawns, then beeline to the mob(guessing it is a bard?), charm it either standard or using puppet strings/allure wands, and then using a Vial of Swirling Smoke to gate to a remote location within the zone instantly.

That said - If you read the current patch notes, I believe they are nerfing charm gating in the current maintenance - so this shouldn't even be possible anymore once servers come back up.
  9. uk6999 Augur

For AJ, DBG could just change the vp key piece to drop off of any mob in the zone or increase the % chance to spawn. Player base could use a raid force to spawn a pick. Bad thing about spawning picks is they will likely close overnight for zones like FV. A small change in coding on DBG's part would make this piece less miserable.

I am glad they fixed charm gating. That was a lame tactic. Bards will still be able to run with charmed mob which you will have to watch.
  10. Riptide666 Elder

Some people just want stuff to suck for everyone else.
  11. Gromph Elder

Yea, sorry but swamp of no hope change was hot garbage. They need to put it back and or remove ground spawns, add a rare mob. Every other piece is fine.
  12. Riptide666 Elder

They have still left some glaringly bad bottlenecks in some of the epics that should be addressed (there is a precedent for it since other notorious epic bottlenecks in the past were changed). And btw, XP rates ARE slow for the average player. Just because the 1%ers know how to blaze to 50 and 60 using a combo of premades, exploits, pots, playing 30+ hours a week, etc... is hardly a benchmark for the rest of the community.
  13. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Lets not forget that guilds like RI like to perma camp these mobs. Just this week they've ks'd xalgoz and destroyed numerous fangs over hours. They perma charm random quest npcs and park em in random parts of the zone for days. Their list of bs goes on and on. Sad part is, its not even 1 or 2 individuals. Its the entire guild.
  14. Raisehell Lorekeeper

You do realize on TLP you go from an original 12 months or so to do these things...To where now, kunark just released, and velious is just around the corner in august.
    These key quests and spawn timers were designed around a year of progress. now we have less than half that.
  15. Skunt New Member

Even if they were doing something like this, there is still the question of how they could have spawned the AJ so many times in such a short period of time. A few days ago I was in FV with two full groups farming for over eight hours. We were pulling and aeing tons of mobs and had five trackers covering the entire zone. There were at least three to four other groups in the zone at any given time, killing everything they could to get it to spawn. We saw a total of two pop in the zone during that entire period. The first VP clear on Mangler was barely five days into the server. So even if one guild managed to get every single AJ that popped between launch of Kunark and that first clear, how could they have gotten enough? Especially in light of all the other pieces they would have needed to camp.

The bottom line is that the AJ is way too rare for such a heavily contested mob that can spawn virtually anywhere in the zone. It creates a huge incentive for people to engage in illegitimate tactics and invites a ton controversy. DBG should have made some simple adjustments to this mob instead of messing around with 20 year old mechanics.
  16. Atabishii Elder

You throw out a lot of accusations and conspiracy theories without actually understanding how things work. It would serve you better to just simply ask how something is done rather than throw out a bunch of false accusations and false petitions wasting GM's time.

Since I'm nice though, I'll put some of your conspiracy theories to rest for you since I was one of the people you spammed in tells accusing all kinds of stuff.

First off, there was virtually no one at any VP key camp for the first 24 hours of server launch. So we had every single VP key camp to ourselves uncontested for pretty much the first 24 hours of server launch and maybe even longer. They didn't really even become contested until day 3. Most people trying to go fast on the server for 60/vp key/epic decided for some unknown reason that it would be faster if they hit lvl 60 first then do VP key. That is the wrong answer and is exactly why my entire launch group was the first ones to 60 with full vp keys completed (minus tooth which came a couple hours later) in the first 24 hours of server launch while even taking an 8 hour sleep break.

While AJ can be rare at times, it's spawn rate works just like any other camp. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. I spent the first week of launch with either my bard or my main in FV for about 16-20 hours a day and sometimes there would be 10 hour periods without a single AJ spawn with the entire east side being cleared by multiple groups of us, and other times when i was the only one there and no one clearing it would spawn 5 times in a couple hours (the mobs do fight each other so AJ can spawn without any person clearing).

What most people were doing to secure AJ's was one of three things.
    1. Run by the AJ trying to stay at max cast distance with selos bard and start charm cast then continue running switching back to selos. When the charm lands AJ will start moving towards the bard but because the bard has gained so much distance away from AJ, the mob will port to the bard. Continue running with selos until you are safe from anyone trying to dps race. Bards can also cast normal gate pots while moving if you rather do it that way.
    2. Enchanters using allure wands and either being cothed or using Vials of Swirling Smoke, which are instant gate pots. Allure wands are also instant cast, so the charm gate basically happens instantly. Vials of Swirling Smoke have been in the game since classic, cost about 1100 plat each at max charisma and actually have a respawn time on the vendors of a few hours.
    3. Anyone can use Puppet Strings combined with Vials of Swirling Smoke to instantly charm/gate the AJ.

Almost every person contesting you had bard selos speed and literally just ran to the AJ while you shouted warp warp warp!. What you might have seen were people invis'd and only appearing once casting spells at the mob.
  17. uk6999 Augur

Just increase AJ spawn chance 4x and call it a day before everyone starts bringing their bard boxes.
  18. Tierdal Augur

or enjoy classic like you wanted....and if you arent enjoying it then play selos!
  19. uk6999 Augur

Im enjoying classic just fine and am 100% ok without going to VP again. Zone sucks, Loot mostly sucks. Was just working on the key in my spare time. I would of played on Selo's if they didnt have such fast unlocks. I think those fast unlocks will kill the server. Who wants to come back after a month or two off to be so far behind?
  20. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Honestly every toon just needs all the medallions to be in the starter backpack when you make a toon. It's 2019 daybreak, get with the program.