Kaesora DZ / AoC plz ....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SaPPeRs, Jun 17, 2019.

1. SaPPeRs New Member

Come on … this camp is 24/7 camped in main and any pick that might spawn. For those of us that can't sit on a camp for 12 hours to get a key drop … little help here.
  2. Tmerz New Member

DBG does not recognize camps so just DPS race and get your key in 24mins.

Edit:. You could also force a pick to open and kill it.
  3. EQDime New Member

I politely asked to be put on a list, had my fang 4 spawns later. You don't have to wait for the camp to be open to just you, to get this piece done.
  4. SaPPeRs New Member

been on a "list" 3 times … to be KSed or "we gotta go" when My time came around. Some of us can't sit in a camp for 10 hours.
  5. EQDime New Member

Then wait on a pick to open, that happens multiple times in a day, and is how I got my VP ground spawn out of there. But mobs don't respawn in a DZ so that wouldn't be an acceptable solution.
  6. Tierdal Augur

you wanted classic, you choose classic, now you cry for not-classic?

play selos.
    suineg likes this.
  7. NoWay Augur

8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

More and more of these threads, almost as if people want to actually enjoy playing the game without getting griefed and harassed by other players.
  9. Febb Augur

People want a single player game where they get what they want when they want. Instead they play a MMO with open world spawns against thousands of other people who all want the same thing in an expansion that has crazy spawn timers.

I mean, it's not like people didn't know this would happen before they started to play their characters?
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

So raid instances are single player too?

Obviously not. People want to group with their friends without having to be harassed in game by meanspirited players that want block other people from experiencing in-game content.

Daybreak policy makers should have more faith in the appeal of their actual game content. This game doesn't need meanspirited players to gatekeep content in order for it to be enjoyable.
  11. a_librarian Augur

People who argue against fixing these god awful bottlenecks are the same that argued against instanced raid content. Making content accessible and getting rid of these toxic shitshows make the game better and more successful
    TLP Addict and oldkracow like this.
  12. Machentoo Augur

False dichotomy. Plenty of other mmo's have gotten this right since Everquest. There are more than two binary options here.
  13. TLP Addict Augur

Bring a group with lots of dps and take the camp, like it or not the old days of carebear play nice are long gone.

I used to believe in that stuff but eventually years of playing on TLPs wore me down to the point where I finally accepted that "might is right" and that if you want something you are going to have to stop playing nice and take it.

Yes I realise there are a lot of people who subscribe to the more polite approach but the ratio of those people has been steadily declining over the years.

At some point you have to adapt or perish, it's evolution baby.
  14. Febb Augur

Those other games are not Everquest so that point is irrelevant.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Thankfully, people that still wish to do that, could - nobody is suggesting that OW spawns be removed.

Group content, raid flagging, and epic spawns, are badly in need of instancing. The players that want to battle each other out can enjoy open world all day long.
  16. suineg Lorekeeper

People saying that other people monopolizing spawns is ruining their game when those people want the same key you want.

People say not getting these keys is preventing them from playing with their friends when their friends seem to be managing just fine to get it done ...

I would put money on the majority of people whining in this thread are the ones that also wanted truebox gone so they could just brute force solo multi box.
  17. Febb Augur

There is way too much work involved in instancing content. It would be much less resource intensive to redesign said quests and just have NPC's auto respawn upon handin and such.
  18. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Most likely true, but that isn't what you first said. Your first claim was, "[p]eople want a single player game where they get what they want when they want." This is clearly false; nobody is asking for that.

Many of the posters who are expressing support for instanced content recognize that instances would require a lot of work, but that's likely why those posts often contain some restrictions. It wouldn't be feasible to instance every single thing that allow meanspirited players to harass other players - especially in one pass for one server. But it would be nice to start somewhere.

Raid DZs were a good start, they just weren't enough - especially considering not every raid encounter was instanced to begin with. Add to that, that raiders/aspiring raiders still need to contest over keying. Add to that, raiders/aspiring raiders/strong groupers still need to contest over epic spawns. Add to that, every single person still needs to contest over experience and regular nameds. And add to that, that Daybreak has confirmed that these servers are some of the most heavily populated servers to have ever existed.

It just isn't a great situation.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Clearly the problem is they made the Jade Chokidai Prod too common so now the bottleneck shifted places. I recommend we nerf it back to the Chancellor having a single spawn location and consider increasing his spawn timer as well.
    MileyVyrus likes this.
  20. Machentoo Augur

The problem is that they HAVE started somewhere. With Raid DZ's. Starting somewhere but not doing everything is apparently not enough. So I don't think people will really be satisfied if they start throwing out a few group instances here and there.

There is plenty of instancing once you get to LDON onward, so this is really an issue that solves itself as TLP's progress.