Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. enclee Augur

Consolidate debuffs, there doesn't need to be an individual debuff for every resist or spell increase modifier.
    Merge them into Spell & Melee groups and add the new spell to the primary utility classes (Ench/Shaman/Bard), but keep the individual versions class based to maintain flexibility.
    Merge Alliance spells into archetypes - fire, magic, etc.. It'll help the group and raid game.
  2. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Reading a ton of these ideas, love alot of them.

More availability to put slot 3's would be great....as stated, some classes can't fit all of what they'd like to, while some can still slot in LDoN augs comfortably...

Raid zones with multiple encounters, like Frostcrypt, PoTime, Anguish, etc....those are the zones I had the most fun raiding in, by far.

Overhaul of Hero's forge armor would be great. I'd LOVE to see solteris weapon ornamentations, brumal fists, things like that...

Ability to bind in the Guild Hall would be amazing.

Another exp zone like Frontier Mtns, Dragonscale Hills etc....these existed for so many expansions early on, then started to lose their footing after a while.

LDoN type of content, with currency merchants available for current levels.

Being able to spend old raid currency on Glyphs would also be sweet!

I'm still partial to the idea of seeing a new epic in the works....always one of my absolute favorite things about this game was the ability to obtain it, be proud of it, and have something only your class can have, and in many cases, have it be useful for many expansions, even up to current.....

I'm missing a ton I've liked, but these are the ones that are sticking in my head.
  3. Froglok Augur

Actually, this currency exchange is a long overdue game inclusion.

Logically, an exchange process for group currency and raid currency should go all the way back to when alternative currency started (LDoN?).

However, perhaps it should be a backwards exchange, only.

The exchange should also be kept simple and reasonable. Meaning a straight up trade in process with a logical exchange. By logical exchange rate, I mean 1 of the newer for 2 of the older, as it is a trade down, not a trade up.

The process for this would be via any banker? Hail and banker and they will respond something like, "Greeting <name>. Would you be interested in trading down alternative currencies? The current exchange rate is two for one. If so, simply hand me one or more of the currency you wish to exchange."

Also, updating the Loyalty vendor to include "Bags" of raid / group currency you can buy with Crowns might be nice, also.
  4. Raynrace Augur

I would also like to see every class get an aura this expansion. The aura would not have a time and only need recast if you die. It would be unlimited in range as long as you are in the group. This would further benefit real players in a group vs mercs as well as having balanced raids.

Warrior- ac
    Pal- dodge/parry
    Sk- riposte

Cleric- HME + regen / mitigation
    Druid- HME higher regen/spell dmg base increase
    Shm- HME higher regen/melee & range dps base increase

Enchanter- twincast/mana regen
    Wizard- spell crits
    Mage- less resist/spell dmg base increase
    Necro- faster cooldown/dot base increase

Ranger- melee and range crits
    Rogue/monk- base dmg increase melee and range/accuracy
    Berserker- flurry/rampage
    Beast- HME regen/attack
    Bard- Overhaste/runspeed

-----------------------------------
    I also think it would be cool to have a progressive class or arch power source with ach completion in the expansion that needs dropped or crafted batteries.
    Proximoe, Yinla, Tour and 1 other person like this.
  5. Derd Augur

Level increase please. Decent spell increase, and no while everyone clamors for it, just work with what we have. I mean really other than some consolidation of buff's and debuffs that would be handy, what else is there. You have dmg spells, heal spells , debuff spells and buff spells, thinking there is some magic mind out there that will develop some fantastic new spell lines is kinda silly to me anyway.

Raids that actually scale from slightly easy to harder and zones that quest lines finish in no matter if the next zones are locked behind progression or not. Did not enjoy having to bounce around to get progression done at all. And random kill so many mobs and your mob will pop quests.. just no please.
  6. Morthakia Augur

I VERY much like Raynrace’s idea above about re-introducing class Auras as a class defining ability. I also very much like the idea of that ability strengthening through progression (although I personally would offer up that it strengthens as one gains more achievement points). Conceptually, a progressive ability not dissimilar to Dicho / Dissident abilities. Finally, make it work like the shaman Pact buff that is always on as long as the person is in the zone. I think the existing “Auras” should be phased out and be converted to always on AAs.

That said, some thoughts on particular classes. Also, I would offer up that it would bring more balance if classes that typically don’t synergize well together received a boost. For all the guilds and groups out there that don’t enjoy the “perfect” raid makeups, this would go a long way.

Warrior / Paladin / SK: Raid mobs strikethrough parry / dodge / riposte, making these skills of limited use on raids. I would recommend that all three classes give an AC boost, with perhaps a secondary benefit that promotes stacking.
    Warrior: AC + Increased Dodge (or +% to block or Spell / DoT shielding)
    Paladin: AC + Increased Parry (or +% to healing received, like the Blazing Euphoria Soothing)
    SK: AC + Increased Riposte (or +% lifeleech on melee, perhaps even lifeleech on nukes?)

Enchanter - Resist modifier (+twincast / Mregen / reverb if the existing auras are getting phased out || maybe make all spells a chromatic resist check?)
    Wizard - Crits (both spell AND melee)
    Mage - Spell damage increase (perhaps even a big +5000 damage shield, but I’d be worried this could create problems in some cases where you don’t want damage)
    Necro - Spell damage leeches life

Cleric - HME / healing spells increase (+ shielding aka vie)
    Druid - Increased Spell/DoT shielding (+ spell damage increase as secondary benefit)
    Shaman - Increase all heroic stats by XXX

Ranger - Increase crits (maybe complete damage shield immunity, including the ridiculous non-damage damage shield from RoS Cactus event)
    Rogue/Monk - More damage? Wish I had something more exciting here. Immunity to rampage attacks?
    Berserker - Increased Double / Triple / Flurry
    Beastlord - Damage increase / pet damage
    Bard - Increased proc rate | decrease cooldown timer on AAs/spells/abilities
    Proximoe and Raynrace like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

I have to agree with the points about catching up after a long break or starting anew in EQ: the backlog of things to do it pretty insane. Auto-grant alone is not enough. Anybody who wants to get up to speed with the current game has a LOT of work to do. More than they reasonably should. I'm not saying that it should be easy, but right now it's just crazy.

I guess that's one of the selling points of the TLP servers - it's the only place where a new player doesn't get the hopeless feeling that they will never be able to catch up to the veterans. But it doesn't have to be that way. TLP has other selling points.

Make catching up on regular servers easier.
    Krool, eqgamer, Syylke_EMarr and 4 others like this.
  8. Raynrace Augur

I think a level 95 heroic toon would be great.

Max in level 95, max in aa at 95, max in merc aa at VoA with all 4 T5 mercs.
    VoA raid geared with all VoA and older achievements(traveler, slayer, conquest etc) including older chase items and crafting to 200 based on choice of class. 200 in crafting is easy enough to get, more of a time sink at this point

Some that come to mind--

Epic 1, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 plus ornaments
    BiC
    Tears of Alaris
    Trophies
    Brells shawl/aug up to VoA
    10th Ring (for DA clicky with proper faction)
    There are several perma AA clickies (Aura of rage?, Naggy overhaste cloak, Form of (I think there are 2)

I would pay $$ to upgrade even some of my older toons to get all the backflag achievements like trials of MM, slayer, traveler, planes of power for evolves etc etc. My time is worth more to me now than it was. Edit* - Add Dragons of Norrath to be specific.

This could be a nice source of income and put people starting out at RoF expansion, with a little help from friends, that isnt horrible. The only thing that would take time is collections, heroic AA's, Eye in TBM raids and the type 5 in EoK raid achievements. Fix the Essence of the Dragon timesink and it wouldnt be too bad imho.
    Proximoe likes this.
  9. Morthakia Augur

Another “wish” for next expansion: Please make it so pet procs inherit the same crit chance / damage boost as their owner! Bard’s Arcane Ballad, Shaman Dissident Roar, Ranger’s Outriders Synergy, etc. contribute relatively little to pets as the procs can’t crit. This would promote more synergy for “untraditional” group makeups, such as shamans healing mages and necros in a caster group.
  10. Morthakia Augur

Please please don’t auto-grant achievements for Heroic purchases. I’m comfortable with the items such as Tears of Alaris, Trophies, Shawl Aug, etc., but not Hunters or Conquests. I’ve spent way too much time getting these done and other than POP for gloves, they don’t actually provide any power benefit.
  11. Raynrace Augur

Morthakia I mean slayer for Banestrike - killing 5000 grey cons is stupid to upgrade Banestrike. Especially considering most of us long term players have completed many or most of these achievements.

We just get the short end of the stick because they introduced achievements late in the game and it didnt properly give credit for 20 year players.
    Morthakia likes this.
  12. Froglok Augur

Hmm. New expansion ideas...

* New Artisan Prize type quests. The Artisan Prize was not only fun but challenging for a great reward.... but it was essentially a quest that had challenging requirements (skills, flagging/achievements, AA's) and basically combined three previous "trophy" earrings into a single combined aug & seriously boosted stat aug. How about similar quests for older augmentations, such as BiC, Jonas Dagmire, Parrot and such? Such content does tend to make the old new and fun again... as people who want the item go back to get what they need.

* The "Key Rings" were a great idea! They reduce player demand for bigger and bigger bags, or more and more storage space. However, there are still a few that are needed or can be added.

---For instance, they is no key ring for actual "key" items! While such key items often go on your /key list, many people like having the "trophy" of the actual key they earned. Make a an actual key ring for these items that serve as keys! When initiated, an automatic one-time check (conversion) for characters will be executed that will place all keys that they do not still possess, but are on their /key list, into their new key ring.
    ---Another key ring might be one for marketplace Nimbus items.
    ---Another useful key ring would be for non-temporary portal click items. Any portal item that is not expendable can be placed on it (rechargeable and component-required items included). Items that can be converted to different zone portals, should also be placeable on this key ring... with the ability to "change" the item on the fly as if it was in inventory. This should include items like the fellowship campfire, Degmar Relocation Device, and so on... any item that can teleport.
    ---Also, how about a Novelty key ring? Any item that has a click that is not a familiar, not a mount, not a portal, not a Nimbus, not an illusion, not temporary and not limited charges. It would be for all other buff, swarm pet, DD, DoT, AoE, Aura, summon and similar "novelty" items such as: Picnic Basket, Candy Dish, Red Ball Dispenser, Gnomish Water Pistol, Madness of Stomples, Chalandria's Fang, Horn of Unity, Pizmips Prize Purveyor, Skull of Null, Mysterious Belt of Daggers, Small Manisi Branch, Incandescent Shard, Fisherman's Companion, Sigil Earring of Veracity, Rune of Healing, Overflowing Urn of Life, Ring of the Ancients, etc.

* Keep progression logical and actually progressive. TBL was very odd as you had to go back and forth between T1 & T2 zones to progress.

* Copy / paste / redecorate as a new zone = No.

* The TBL Gear (T1, T2, T3) was spot on. Keep with that.

* Epics, by their reference, imply the ultimate item for a given class. However, just about from the beginning they have not been that at all. Add a new Epic 4.0 quest series (with achievement requirements for old epics, to get started) for a new class epic that is, in fact, the best item available for said class in the expansion (to include raid items, but requiring a raid item such as "Essence of Raid Boss" to hand in, which appears in a characters inventory with an emote upon the win... if they have the quest and are at that point).

* Return of Veteran AA's that ended after, what, 14 years? Need ideas? Half-Time (cut reuse time for Vet AA's that have a base timer over 20 hours); Antonican Bard (summon parcel vendor, 20 hour reuse); Summon Loyalty Vendor (20 hour reuse); Double Indemnity (IVU and Invis at the same time for 10 minutes or until seen thru or broken, 1 week reuse); Real Estate Mogul (ability to buy another housing property, one-time award); Political Asylum (15 minutes of Ally faction with the faction of a targeted NPC / MOB when used, 1 week reuse); Weapons Master (4 more bandolier slots, 1 time award); Ghostly Rogue (summons a ghostly rogue that will untrap, unlock & open the nearest (to your toon) door, trap and / or chest for you and then disappear... 1 week reuse); Expanded Garrison (4 more merc slots, we have quite a few merc types but can only use a limited number unless we fire and re-hire.... one-time award)...

* Expand the Guild Bank. Seriously. A Player has more bank space than the guild banker has for an entire guild.

* Necros still wield their obsolete epic, due the bonus. Give them a quest or aug alternative so that new weaponry with tremendously better stats would be an option again.

* There has been some suggestions to blanket award certain things. We all ready have auto grant AA's; heroic level 85 (complete with with gear, spells, etc.); free access to older previously locked zones and so forth. Such things are slowly removing the challenge, fun and make older content irrelevant, imo... and it should NOT be. For a toon to be "all they can be" should mean that they should legitimately be "all they can be" (been there, done that, got an achievement). Seriously... a lot of content that is 3 or 4 plus expansions back can be solo'd or molo'd for such things. If anything, the only change I might like to see is the ability to get the missions / raids with just one player, so they can do exactly that... solo or molo it.

* However, with that said, most such suggestions are basically related to the time sync. So some ideas to reduce certain time syncs without removing challenge and making content irrelevant? How about a reduction on Fellowship campfire reuse? Make it 5 minutes or less! Needing multiple fellowship members to place a campfire is silly. Make it placeable by just one fellowship member. Rez effects only serve slow down the fun. Put in new rez spells that do NOT cause rez effects, so players can rebuff, regen and get back in action faster. Begging for buffs, such as when no Shaman is around, not only stagnates getting started, but makes doing stuff just a little harder if you go without. So how about some class "buff" NPC's along one of the walls in PoK? They will work like a guild hall portal vendor and sell "coupon" items that can be then handed back to the NPC for the related buff. Each "coupon" will be named for the buff ("Temperance Coupon") with a notation as to the minimum required level to receive the buff, along with related lore... i.e. "This coupon is good for one casting of Temperance from XXX in the Plane of Knowledge." Single buffs will be cheaper than Group buffs. Buffs will get more expensive by level. Rank 2 buffs will be more expensive than Rank 1 buffs.

---Possibility: Rank 3 buffs, by expansion, unlocked by achievements (if a player has any raid achievement that allows the possibility of looting a R3 spell or buying it from a raid vendor, will allow this).
    ---Possibility: Marketplace sold NPC's to place in Guild Halls or Houses for same.

* Raid Banner anyone? Many raids these days are alliance raids (involve more than one guild). Each participant guild may not have enough players present to plant a banner. So how about the ability for one guild to plant a Raid banner, which any guild can port to from their own guild hall by setting the guild port to "Raid Banner." They of course will need to be a part of the raid force where such a raid banner has been set, in order to take the port. Otherwise, they will get an emote (You are not in a raid -- or -- There is no Banner to teleport to...).

* What happened to guild trophies? Bring them back! At the very least, they are cool to show off guild conquests!
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  13. Froglok Augur

* Advanced Mercenaries. These would be a 3rd tier merc that are essentially the same as the 2nd tier mercs, except they use Rank 3 spells / discs and auras.

They would require, maybe:
    - A Quest (flagging / achievement) to unlock them;
    -Player will need to buy / upgrade the merc from merc vendors;
    -Limited to using only use rank 3 spells for which the character has access to (flagging / achievement related).

Example, if the player has completed at least one raid and can see the Rank 3 spells on the raid vendor and / or could have potentially looted and scribed a Rank III Spell... at that point, their merc would be unlocked merc to use any Rank 3 spells / disc they may use, from the related expansion.

Even if shrouded, a merc will use rank 3 spells of the appropriate level under the same requirements.
  14. Froglok Augur

Get away from the idea that raids should be just a beefed up version of a group mission (actually, the group mission may be a toned down version of the raid, but the suggestion stands). Make the raids unique.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Ezbro Elder

Bring back Croc pet for Troll BST.
    Axxius and Tolzol like this.
  16. Axxius Augur

You have it all wrong: raids are not 'beefed up' missions. Some missions are 'watered down' versions of raids. What you are asking for is to stop making group versions of the raids. That would reduce the amount of content available to groups: non-raiders will no longer experience important lore content.
    Waring_McMarrin and Brohg like this.
  17. Brohg Augur

dislike. Group players should get to see(ahem, play) the expansion's story
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is what made VP3 so sad, the level of difficulty really missed the mark for the final raid.
  19. Axxius Augur

You can safely assume that lesson was learned. *coughmearatascough*
    Mintalie, Yinla and Elyssanda like this.
  20. Brohg Augur

kinda disagree? It was a story event about a failed general fighting a retreat as all his previous allies abandon him to bear the consequences of his warmongering. I didn't mind that the final event wasn't crazy hard in this case. Other final events have been, like, Final Showdown types with megalomaniacal rogue Combine magiscientists or Insane Extraplanar LifeDeath Sorta-dieties From Alternate Timelines, but that wasn't Talendor's story.