Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Boogity New Member

Is Test still locked for everyone else? It has shown as locked fof me since the 13th i think. Any info on what's going on?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

True but to be fair I think its the RMTs that cause all the problems. Every time a TLP starts up you end up with a server full of people that need everything. Giant markets where RL cash can be made brings out the worse in folks then that becomes the norm for the server.

Be interesting to see how things would be if they started a TLP server where all the good gear was no drop and no epic could be 'd. Not advocating that. Just a thought experiement :)

While you have to solo a lot at low levels on Live servers anyone who hates all the DPS races and negative behavior should come to the Live servers.
  3. Sancus Augur

No, which is why it doesn't make sense that they got worse outside of FBO. My hope is the fact that there were changes to them indicates that someone is looking into their effectiveness, they just missed the mark. I do wish there was some guidance regarding what role they should fill, which would make it a lot easier to offer suggestions to get them there.

Personally, I wish fire pets did something to augment the Mage's spell casting. Another option would be to give them some form of AE damage, which would give them a niche. They could also be given some ability to scale with caster ADPS, although doing so would require more effort/tuning than the other options.

So does it matter that they got nerfed? No, not really, other than I don't want to miss an opportunity where they could actually become useful.
  4. Mintalie Augur

That's why you're our champion, Sancus. <3
    Gyurika Godofwar and FawnTemplar like this.
  5. suineg Lorekeeper

Remember that KS’ing and stealing camps is still being social since you actually interact with other players and not your 10 VM machines and several Mercs.

A lot of things are instantly blamed on the TLP servers as a whole and it’s just assumed that Live is play nice everywhere and I would agree for the most part that it is. The thing that you aren’t remembering is the legacy things that these changes are usually addressing. You don’t have a significant amount of rare spawn mobs like ancient jarsath to contend with in order to get one piece of a key just to step into the final raid zone of an expansion you are in for several more months.

What you and I should be advocating for rather than sniping back and forth about TLP vs Live is that these legacy key quests be changed considerably so that future TLPs just no longer have any issues with them. It’s only a half dozen quests out there that could be eliminated or made considerably faster and easier.

My status as the front man for another forum will never prevent me from speaking my mind and potentially displeasing someone else. If you knew anything at all about Fires of Heaven you would not have made that statement.
  6. chronicler Augur

Personally I would dislike having a pet that AE
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

…. 3 rogues fellowship together, run to spot, plant campfire... 9+ other people zone in, plant guild banner.... everyone else zones in using that.

there's your advantage. not saying it's much, but it's there.
  8. kizant Augur

If this change is going live then can we consider lowering the cast time on some abilities? The teleport to guild hall anchor takes like 20 seconds to cast when using the AA. This made perfect sense when the ability could be used during combat and on raids to avoid deaths when it looks like the raid is about to wipe. But now it's just excessive. 5 seconds or something seems much more appropriate.
    Brohg, Ssdar and Yinla like this.
  9. Sancus Augur

That's fine, that's why we have a four pet system that encourages decision making. It's not a design problem if some people don't like a particular option, but it is a design problem if one option is universally worse than another (which is the current situation).

We also have spells that AE that some people opt to never use. If those spells became single target, though, no one would ever load them because they'd always be inferior to our current options. Alternatively, if they were rebalanced to the point they were worth using, they'd be a universally better option than our current single target spells. Them having a differentiating factor, that they are AE spells, is what makes them situationally useful but not universally useful.

If fire pets get increased to do more DPS than water pets, then we'd stop using water pets. If they do less DPS than water pets, then we'll always use water pets. There needs to be some differentiating factor where each is viable situationally. That doesn't have to be AEing, but that is one option that would make fire pets better in certain, but not all, situations. A lot of people might continue to never use them, but those of us who maximize our play would have gained an interesting choice.
    Ssdar, Tolzol, kizant and 1 other person like this.
  10. Drakang Augur

Just changing my "Get out or die" call to the guild to "Die already"
  11. Warpeace Augur

AE Act of Valor problem solved. Change to DT everyone in 200' of the Paladin.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmmm Good-bye PoK cluster of buffhounds. Nice idea.
    Balfor likes this.
  13. smash Augur

Well, choice of pets is good, however i think you might reconsider what it would do with pet, would pet still be worth use in raids?

Because if it is ae the proc radio has to go down or damage from ae be nerfed big time because for sure it will be used for clearing entire zones doing ae. And highly likely some more do afk farming.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If the NPCs can now remember when they are charmed who has done damage, can they also remember when they are fearing and charming who has done damage to them!

Tired of not getting exp when the NPC has charmed/Feared/Mezed me!

With the change so TLs no longer work while in combat can you please increase raid recovery time? While learning events we frequently use AE TLs to get the whole raid out safely before returning to try again, with these changes there will be far more deaths which will take longer to recover from.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Did you mean decrease?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I did, thank you. :)
  17. Sancus Augur

"Still be worth use" would imply it's currently worth using in raids, which it is not. But it absolutely would become worth using on a few (but not all) raids, just like AE spells are.
    I don't know what "radio" refers to, but if you mean radius, obviously it wouldn't retain the 360' range of its current single target spell. Something around 30 to 40 feet would suffice, and it would also have a target cap limit. It would be a substantially worse option for clearing entire zones (AFK or otherwise) than our current AE spells.
  18. smash Augur

Radio should be ratio= number of procs per min, as must not be higher than a magician can cast per min, and with less damage as well.

Remember weapon that were nerfed due to ae procs and as far i know too often.
  19. smash Augur

Now with what i mentioned would fire pet be usuable in raids due to ae, and what happens in next expansion where mobs vulneable to fire but require cc, then you created a nightmare where you cannot use fire pets.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Depends on the individual raid. Many events you can AE.