Could we get an Evolving items trade-in quest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nightops, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Cicelee Augur

I think there should be an effect on the ring where if you cast a DD spell, it has a chance of proccing a group heal.

INC nerfs to shoulders, boots and gloves...
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Username checks out.
    Flatchy, Allayna, Brohg and 1 other person like this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Rep system inadequate.
    Sheex likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Its official. Better start gathering your replacements for these items...:(
  5. Drakang Augur

Ngreth. How does that match up with getting 2 of the same item in a mission. Have seen it happen 3 times.
    Axxius and Yinla like this.
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I am surprised at the number of people (other than the dev) who are saying, "no". The message you are sending to everybody is that this is the kind of grindy, skill-less, RNG-based gameplay you want to see more of: mindlessly killing the same mobs over and over, with little to no risk, for months on end. All while staring vacantly and drooling from the boredom and repetition.

These items make tradeskills look exciting.

Personally, I have skipped the evolving items completely (despite owning several). I'm just surprised to see so many people actually enjoying and emphatically defending this aspect of the game.
    Nightops likes this.
  7. Duder Augur

You are a boxer, I box, but I prefer to group or include others in my groups. Anything that extends the content of the expansion and encourages people to play and group. Many people are max AA - They camp their new augs and have no reason to play or group besides raiding after that. I actually applaud these evolving items and really like to see and be a part of the old fashioned grind groups.

What would encourage you to group with other people? Raid other people?~
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

More Missions and HAs. I think it would be better to tie the best rewards to the more challenging activities like Missions, which already require people to work together. I don't like rewards being tied to pure time sinks.

But I didn't realize the evolving items encouraged grouping, and you always put together awesome groups! If you think these are helping with that, then I think that's good, too. :)
    Duder and Nightops like this.
  9. Duder Augur

'

Well, I am pleased with tbls Mission load, EoK's HAs were lackluster, Heros were few. RoS even less, though the 12 man VP was straight.

Also, the Smoke Trials, especially for the first few months were impossible for many to box, or atleast, very challenging to do so (Not all of them), and also encouraged grouping, super A+++ to the design team in that regard.
  10. Nightops Augur

Well, for starters, if I'm able to get the one evolving item which I want / need; then I would be more likely to actually spend time playing my character in the expansion.

Asking for the quest when the expansion is nearing its end-of-life cycle does not shorten the time-table of TBL. I would argue, it would increase the life of the expansion provided the plan is to not include mobs in future expansions with the evolving xp. I know if I finish evolving my 7 items (over 2 accounts) before I get the gloves to drop, I know I will not be back in TBL to xp after the next expansion is released.
    -------

On a side note, for almost every expansion with group content currency, there has been an 'easy mission' which people chose to do over and over while ignoring other content. In the past, we were rewarded with quick currency (LDoN normal, DoN, RoS cactus, etc). It was not SOE (or daybreak) forcing the players into this easy mission, but was our mindless choice. While this pleased some, many many others complained. Now the table has turned and Daybreak is forcing players into this easy mission. The evolving items do not drop from other tasks so for the people who want to get all of the items, they are forced to run the same mission for months and not get the reward.

Now, adding a turn in quest does nothing to evolve the item, which by far is more time consuming then running the FF mission. People would still need to get a drop (or multiple drops) which are still rare and drop maybe 1 in 15 missions if lucky. Also consider the drop rate was much more favorable in the two months after release before the drop rate was corrected (or nerfed depending on the term you want to use). Oh, and should I mention the unintended xp method from the TDS expansion; none of which was rolled back. Soo like always, the first people to get the goodies have the easy-button and then claim any change there after wouldn't be fair.

Think of it like adding extra raid flagging / back flagging drops. Some guilds / people will not need the help while others are able to benefit from the change. This change does not weaken the raids or the content. Just like adding a turn-in quest does nothing to change the fact that people would still need to do the FF mission to get the drops to turn in and the full amount of xp kills to evolve. The only difference is they could actually get the item they wanted.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you check that all 4 have the same drop rate please? We seem to have an abundance or boots on AB and a lack of rings.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They are the same.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Axxius Augur

Now that somebody mentioned seeing 2 of the same item drop in the same mission, I remember trying to match the drops to the particular mobs and failing because I saw the same item (iirc the ring) drop from different mobs (one time an effreet dropped it, the other time an armor).

Are you sure it's working as intended?
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Rng just hates us then!

We all just want to put a ring on it!
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I am sure. Give me a date and time of the duplicate and I'll check the logs.
  16. Alundis New Member

In the past month, I've seen at least seven of each of the boots, shoulders, and gloves. However, I've seen zero rings. :-(

I've also noticed that dieing in the fight fire instance and being rezzed back in causes my dots to be unable to crit. Zoning back to stratos and saying ready to the quest npc is necessary to get them to crit again. Strange.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Going to guess you don't read bug threads much. This is not mission specific
    Moege likes this.