Darkness Howls pulling the climbers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kenshon, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

Your best option is to pull 4 of them when spawn. However, it’s possible to tank them all with any halfway capable tank. My SK can tank them all with Conflagrant gear to boot.
  2. Livvy_CT Elder

They asked how others did it, I simply post how I do it, it wasn’t to diminish the group geared people.
  3. Brohg Augur

Raid gear is pretty sweet. You should raid. Then you could wear four evolvers, a three year old mask, and dual wield group weapons like my "uber" warrior who pulls all the mobs at once :p

Poor group tanks, a whole 300ac or something and 5khp less than Szilent! Someone in that situation may have to actually equip a power source when Szilent doesn't!
    Andarriel, TheStugots and Tucoh like this.
  4. shiftie Augur

I normally pacify. If pathing gets weird or I aggro too many I will rocket off the mountain and as mobs path I will root them and stagger. If I have to fade I will alternatively you can out run the aggro.

If discs are up and with a group I can tank them all with just a healer merc but that depends on the group actually getting the mobs dead as discs run out the cleric merc can’t keep up with my heals as back up.

With my gear level (eok visible) I can handle 6 with discs up molo with a cleric merc. 3 with no merc up and discs available the push and interrupts usually does me in moreso than the mob dps

If I were a ranger like the op I would pull a group off them off the mountain root stagger then walk back and snare them then cover tracks and I’d have a nice waltz up to each mob singled out and unable to path back due to snare.

All that to say there are a lot of variables and many ways to accomplish this task easy enough.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Drakang Augur

Yes I am in raid gear. But I also weild my 2 hander on this mission. SK, Shaman, Cleric merc, DPS merc. That is enough to intercept all 9 in one pull on each wave. Use defensives, epic, shaman AE slow. Occasional death if some path behind me or a mezzing clockwork gets in the mix. But not hard. Group geared tank should easily be able to handle half in one grab as they path and half in a second pull.
    Done in 30 mins from first kill so its all during lotd.
  6. Brohg Augur

mezzing clockworks are da debil.
  7. Derka Power Ranger

You can also get creative with vinelash AE root, one of the ranger's CC tools. That platform is essentially a one way out death trap it just take some refreshing on your part.

I agree with other posts about just tanking the whole wave at once though just use your burns and defensives. Group geared. Or after the 10th mob dies on the first step just run up and pull a few off the path.
  8. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

My way (now that Im raid geared) is to disc with my heal proc weapons on, pull em all, and let the bodies hit the floor.

Prior to that, in group gear, I would grab an inital 2-4 mobs, then if I needed to, and if I had too many up top, use my necro to punt/fd, punt/fd, and try to bring a smaller amount, and do it in a few pulls.

It really isnt THAT hard for anyone, as long as you have a decent pet tank, or regular tank, just need to get in the groove of an easy way to split em, depending on class make up, and remember each version.
  9. Caell Augur

Pacify and timing are what I used when they were all gathered at the top, along with AE Mez and Druid Exodus if things go bad.
  10. Ibudin Augur

2 necros, shaman, 3 cleric mercs - pull em all, spam pet on each X 2, plop AE orb out, AE slow with shaman...and its all over but the singing.