Skyiron Cudgel of the Ancients Quest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ragnoruk, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Ragnoruk Augur

So I heard of this quest and decided to gain faction with Cabilis in order to start it with my Ogre Shaman. It took a long time to get from scowling to indifferent and realized that faction is now capped. Something I have never experienced before with a faction. I can't start the quest because it apparently requires ally faction. Am I missing something here? The quest item says it's usable by an Ogre Shaman.
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

There are innate penalties for race and diet. What diety are you? Have you tried with iksar illusion on? It may not be possible if ally is truly required.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Need to worship Cazic Thule
  4. Ragnoruk Augur

I am Rallos Zek Diety. I knew factions had an effect on default faction standing but have never known of faction limitations. Seems silly to have Ogre listed as a race that can use the item if they cannot do the quest. I certainly wouldn't have wasted the time factioning.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There are a few ways Ogre Shaman can eventually get the quest done, I don't believe any of them are possible currently on Mangler so aside from racechanging from a class/race combo that can do the quest to an Ogre I guess you're SOL.
  6. Ragnoruk Augur

They should flag the item as requiring the deity then. Many other items do if it's required.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Well the difference is you don't have to worship CT to equip it, just so that your max potential faction as a non-iksar can go high enough to start the final portion. This excludes things like the Coldain Ornate Velium Pendant from Velious and Iksar Illusion pots (which I believe you can get in LoY).
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Are you sure it requires ally, because the other Iksar quests like Greenmist only require Amiable. If that's the case which i think it is you can complete the quest once Velious drops and you snag a http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5695

Alternatively you could've went CT at char select.
  9. Ragnoruk Augur

ZAM lists the required pre-quest as requiring Ally faction. I guess I will not know until I can get my hands on one of those items if it will boost it enough. Ogre Shaman cannot choose any other deity though. Must be Rallos Zek. Just seems silly to me that they even added Ogres to the item if they were going to cap their faction. You know.. just in case an Ogre player wanted it 4 expansions later.
  10. Theka Elder

I 100% had this item as an ogre shaman on phinny in kunark, I dont think i wasted money on race change but maybe i did lol. wish i could remember if there was another way seems like 1000 years ago
  11. suineg Lorekeeper

Yeah I think you might be conning two different guild factions in Cab.

I did this quest as an Ogre SHM on Agnarr with no issues. Did bone chips outside so I could walk in and then camped something else to turn in for the shaman guild.

Edit: Here it is - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1663
  12. Ragnoruk Augur

I am definitely not conning the wrong faction. When I hand in faction quest items it says that my faction with Scaled Mystics cannot possibly get any better, along with all other Cabilis factions minus Brood of Kotiz. It will not change from indifferent any more. The quest starter will not give me the 1st quest at current faction.
  13. suineg Lorekeeper

Have you tried the quest I linked? Try it and see what happens.
  14. Ragnoruk Augur

Yes Suineg, that's what I was doing for faction but now my faction is capped at indifferent to all Cabilis factions.
  15. suineg Lorekeeper

Are you conning this NPC's while invis? They will show indifferent when you are invis.
  16. Ragnoruk Augur

No, I was not invisible and my faction window shows me as indifferent and wont move.
  17. suineg Lorekeeper

Sounds like a race change is in order. Maybe I was Troll.

It is working as intended though.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Past tense Suineg??

The Cudgels 6-9 were added in I think Luclin, prior to that I don't know if other races could even use them, or would even bother considering how meh Cudgel 5 was. At that point access to the Velium Pendant was possible but who knows if that was even a consideration when SOE implemented the quest (I doubt it).

You could maybe submit feedback on the issue tracker but I think this is one of those "not everyone could do every quest in classic" things and should maybe stay that way.
    suineg likes this.
  19. Asty New Member

As it stands, ogres cannot get high enough faction to complete this quest chain without iksar illusion potions, which aren't available until LoY I believe. Trolls can get high enough faction on either diety (Cazic or Innoruuk) to complete it without the use of an illusion potion.