Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Brohg Augur

Pre-nerf Ashengate, Frostcrypt anyone? Those were "open" zones. No raid gear?[IMG]
  2. Morthakia Augur

I would love to see raids with phases that allow you to go again from checkpoints rather than resetting completely. This dynamic exists in group missions such as strange magic in TBL. You can kill two golems, wipe, invis up, and try again. It costs a lot of time, but you can eventually persevere. Obviously you’d only want this for 1 or 2 raids, but would be a nice “intro” raid as has been suggested (make a couple easier Tier 1 raids).

Also, would be very nice to know if the next expansion is going to have a level increase. Basically, before I invest the next few months trying to get TBM eyes of life and decay, I’d like to know if they are about to become mostly outdated! Thank you!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Kamor Lorekeeper

My number one complaint about The Burning Lands+GMM, too many tiers of raid gear. You have, dropped gear from TBL, crafted from TBL, and non vis from GMM. It's so many wasted items. Everyone min/maxes, and tbl sucks for gearing. My number two complaint, random stats. I get the lore and the cuteness of luck, but I find it aggravating to see 1 and 2 luck on items; screw you RNG.
  4. Mediik Augur

My list

1. Hardest group content along with best loot in the final zone.
    2. Gates that scale up accordingly for group content. Encountering toughest gate at the beginning of the progression is deflating.
    3. Return of core DPS classes to top charts.. Rogue, Wizard
    4. Necro Dot Revamp - Cause it's only been 10 years?
    5. Raids - More.. lots more..
    6. Instead of having Tiers of Raids.. have the raid drop higher tier items based on completed achievements for the raid. IE.. you complete a raid achievement during fight, a tier 2 loot is added to chest, you complete a tier3 achievement.. a tier3 loot is added to chest. You complete both, a tier2\tier3, both are added. Maybe separate chests IDK. Gives an opportunity to also have multiple achievements per event. Having completed all achievements per week allows a tier4 drop.
    7. Additional things for guilds. Static Guild Halls.. Bind in Guild Hall. More Robust bank. Corpse Summoner. Portal to Bazaar.
    8. Group currency should drop a lot more, even randomly on mobs
    9. 12 person raids - should be more of them. I dunno why there was just 1 last expansion and none this expansion. Even put them in static zones, ie the Ancients from EOK
    KarmaKitty and Tucoh like this.
  5. Lheo Augur

i would like to see a LDON 2.0 for lvl 110 chars with nice gear.
    Elyssanda and Ezbro like this.
  6. ArtyATeam New Member

Please, for the love of god, give Paladins some DPS! Warriors are raid tanks, SKs can tank as well as pallys and put out as much DPS as rogs. Paladins are just lesser tanks with atrocious DPS, but we can heal the group pretty well. The healing is obviously very useful, but it doesn't take away the need for a real healer, so a pally just becomes the worst option of the tanks hands down. Please, give us some more DPS!

I'll also take a second to complain about SKs. Their DPS IS their healing! They can focus on dex and that makes them both higher dps and better tanks than pallys. Don't nerf them, just help us catch up!
    KarmaKitty and Ezbro like this.
  7. tyrantula Elder

I like most of this but bind in guild hall would be excellent. Then I can put those anchors on my properties.
  8. Apollyon New Member

How about fix the guild lobby to guild hall zone bug for starts...very annoying.
    Belexes and GoneFission like this.
  9. Bamboompow Augur

A few things to perhaps make commentary on:

Make other stats relevant. As it is right now, there are multitudes of stat combos but most are fail in the min/max department. All non casters stack Hdex now and even some priests. Which would be fine if it were not for the fact that Hdex helps TANKING and DPS. The end result is of course DBG picks winners inadvertently in terms of classes. We all know the classes who are in question. Not going to go into it.

Casters also have a fairly defined path were there are plenty of good options but only 1 clearly defined GREAT option. Granted, having the whole game chasing after a few augs slows everyone down. Having everyone mired down in something or another has always been part of the EQ business model. Still, why waste dev time on augs and such that are considered "garbage"?

Other than that, I guess continue on with continuing on. As long as there is something like Gribbles 2.0 AKA GMM, than most players will find something to grind away at for easy gains. That will perfectly rationalize making the rest of the content challenging AF.
  10. Mintalie Augur

Give us the ability to do something useful with old raid currency.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL you must be the only person who talks about our roster size like it reprents our active player base. We generally end up with 35 to 70 toons online at once. That is the ONLY way I look at our guild numbers. And THAT is what I talk about when I say most do not go to OPEN raids.

Posts this one of yours are sad Allayna. You are trying to attack me and my guild instead of making your argument. Do you seriously think I was talking about our large roster of inactives when saying most don't come to open raids. To be honest that was beneath you Allayna.

You keep trying to find some way to describe things in foolish exagerations. Before you stated based upon nothing I said that I expected people in coth gear and augs with no knowledge of there discs to be able to do the new expansion. Now you are trying to say I was considering all the inactives we keep on our rosters in regards to open raids. Can't you find any reasonable arguments to make without resorting to foolishness like this?

I don't think I have ever said MS is the enemy of the group game. I do think group gamers are better judges of the difficulties they can handle in the group game then raiders. That isn't an insult it is just a fact. Any raider in a decent guild gets trained how to play the game in addition to having superior gear. They deserve that. They worked for it. But it isn't the reality of a lot of the casual group game. Some are excellent players. Some of mine have joined MS. Talk to Cannikin, Cragzop, Xaque. All excellent players. They were the high end of the group game.

I try to represent all of the group game. All of the group game needs to be engaged in each new expansion so we can ensure new expansions keep coming. Both for groupers and raiders.

I am just asking you to stop making exagerated statements. I welcome any disagreements and discussions based on being reasonable though.
    Graves, Elyssanda and Jondalar like this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes they have. But I will say the little people probably have a better idea of what the little people need or would like to see. And let's remember I am not the only person representing those little people. I am just one voice giving my own opinion as I see it based on 20 years of non stop playing of EQ and of having run a large casual guild for 19 of of those years. BUT I am still just one voice from the group game.

Allayna just loses credibility when he makes exagerated statements though.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wait I liked that but you were being sarcastic right?
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So you agree with me then that the group game ends up being over tuned. Together we should be able to convince DBG to tone things down then.

Thank you for your support.
  15. Mintalie Augur

Just remember, every high end raider was a little person once, too.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And I was once a low level toon but to be honest I am not the best person to ask about the low level game. I generally rely on guildies who have played the low level game much more recently then I.

Its also why for the years I managed folks I would take time at least once a month to do some of the work they were doing. You tend to lose connection with that stuff when you aren't doing it. And I still had to try and keep in mind doing it once a month wasn't the same as doing it day to day. I know how easy it is to forget how things once were and forget the little guy game. I retired a year ago at 57 but I still keep in mind those life lessons.
  17. Duder Augur

Like what?
  18. Whulfgar Augur

You can only do the strange magic wipe and zone in on his if.. the purple g olem is dead..

That's the g olem that breaks invis zone wide in that instance.
  19. Brohg Augur

like convert everything ever into Crystallized Fear & Fist of Bayle :p
    Mintalie likes this.
  20. Lilura Augur

I would love a raft of zone revamps

* GL completely redone, getting rid of that stupid funnel in front of the magus and GH doors.
    * Disable mounts in the GL and bazaar. Jeez how hard could that be?
    * Revamp the bazaar. Hell the old format was better.
    * Skyfire ROS needs to die. No more drake dive bombs and move the wizard portal to the druid spot

And isn't it time Necros could ditch their epic? This is almost becoming a cruel joke that other casters have 6k mana items in their primary but necros are stuck with a 320 mana item.
    KarmaKitty and Graves like this.