Questions for your knowledgable bards

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sandy100, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Sandy100 Elder

. I always thought that the bard melody command can play any songs up to four. However, recently, I got a dot song that I added to my melody command with my dd song. Surprisingly, the DD song didn't play ( Brosco's). Can we not combine a dot song with a dd? If not, what other conflicts are there? For example, can I combine with the melody command a dot with a group damage song? Thank you for your help in advance.
  2. Brohg Augur

Brusco's Boastful Bellow has a 30s cool down so a 5 song melody will have to play through at least twice for it to hit again.

Also it's an offense song so if you're testing in PoK/Tranquility/Lobby/(old)Guildhall, then the song will be automatically skipped
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's worth noting that the /melody command can play many more than 4 songs. Four was the original "limit" to the number that could be maintained before losing the buffs, not a limitation on the command itself.

As far as the reasons for what you're seeing, Brohg is probably correct. Though there used to be some oddities with starting or ending melodies with certain types of songs that could cause the melody to fail. Not sure if they ever fixed those or not, and I can't remember the specifics of them anyways. But if Brohg's suggestions do not fix it, I would try changing the order of your melody songs and see if that works.
  4. Sandy100 Elder

I may have not been clear. I am NOT using melody in POK nor am I trying to sing 5 songs. I only have 4 songs macroed. When I use a dot along with three other songs, one of which is Broscos ( a DD), I only get the dot and two other songs to play. The dd never plays.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

(DoT is a PBAE so I'm singing...)

Is the target of the DD yourself?
  6. Sandy100 Elder

hmm, I bet that is the issue. thanks
  7. svann Augur

list the songs
    I cant think of what would be doing it but could load them and see.