Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Balfor New Member

Howdy All
    Just want to mention that having our XP and AAXP shown out 3 decimal points ie 99.999 is so completely awesome,, totally worth spending a few hours fixing my UI. I guess the devs have all the bugs under control so they can spend their valuable time giving players such an awesome feature NO ONE asked for. Gonna laugh when the complaints roll in that a 96% rez only gives 95.667% etc
  2. Raivene Lorekeeper

I would think there would be a fairly easy, at least logically... code might not be easy, way to keep the TL working the same for raids while keeping the intended change for the TLPs. Just don't apply the new TL logic if you are in an instance. The griefing happens in open zones not in instances. Raiding, at least on the live servers by and large all happens in instances. Have your cake and eat it too.
  3. Allayna Augur

Wait....will we see health to 3 decimal places?!?!

Hello Empyr 2!
    Axxius and Mintalie like this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Perhaps the Devs can explain why this is necessary. And I mean necessary.

Do the Devs play with non-perfect guilds and groups? Do they understand that some raids and group/solo content can use this tool to alleviate some of the frustration?

Is it forgotten that we are supposed to have fun? Not die constantly. Yes, I understand we don't want an "Easy Button". But removing long standing tools is not something that is a good idea.

Especially with the decline of raiders. Look at over time the drop in the number of guilds raiding, and this is after several merges: https://omaniwinter.org/bkb/

Also, look at how many current and past raids have not been won by these guilds.

Why are we making things harder and more frustrating?
  5. svann Augur

If this allows them to add decimal places to the bosses health Im for it.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the changes to wizzy AE teleport AA can we now have evac not leave anyone behind!

It is safer these days to AE Teleport a group our of somewhere than evac when things are getting rough.
    Axxius likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TLPs want classic EQ. These changes should not go ahead as they change the original game!

Live servers should not have to suffer just to passify TLP players who can't handle the game as it was originally released.

TLs charms etc have worked fine on live for the last 15-20 years and do not need changing. TLPs should accept the game as is!

What is the point of a TLP if it isn't as the original.game was created?
    Conq and Spellfire like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Increased revenue for DBG and increased profits for same.
  9. Warpeace Augur

You mean like big bags and stat mounts?

/shrug totally classic EQ right??
    Nennius and menown like this.
  10. niente Developer

You're welcome, glad you like it :)
    xoxo
    Leigo, Karhar, Beimeith and 15 others like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

To monopolize spawns, generally sheetlord, and make that sweet, sweet Krono.

There is a ton of stuff on TLPs now that isn’t even remotely classic EQ.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Warpeace like this.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seems like it would be a simple matter not to click on yes during a dps race.
    Spellfire and Scornfire like this.
  14. smash Augur

Is it really hard to understand what the devs have said repeatedly that they do not want campfire to be a secondary guild banner by extending it to 18 ?

Also they do not want a single rogue to be able to set up a campfire, which all in the fs can then us.

MAYBE dev increase the amount of players to 54, BUT remove the ability of porting to it ?
  15. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

To the bolded, extending FS to 18 is not a bad move and would not create anymore "secondary bannering" than is going on currently.

Most Fellowships are people and their alt's with a few friends. EVEN IF it was all guild members and 18 guild members used it, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

18 people does not make a successful raid on ANY current content and I'd wager 3 expansions back that would still remain true. no advantage there..

Tell me the "advantage" of extending it to 18 that isn't there already.

I do agree that lowering the requirement to 1 for planting is no beuno.

Also a single rogue can still plant a campfire wherever they want, it will just be dragging 2 bodies with it lol

Also, what is the point of a fellowship if you cant port to each other? and 54?? lolol

Fact is, People use fellowships to quickly get friends to camp with them, logger onners, or bring their alt over for rotting loot/xp them without having to drag a few toons accross these dangerous zones.

Regardless of their reason to not increase the size by another group or so, I find it quite unappealing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Gemdiver New Member

So if the person who originally hands in the item is no longer in the zone, kill credit is handled normally. Won't this just encourage anyone else wanting to steal the kill to massively train, break charms, and do anything at all possible to get the original player killed and out of the zone so that they can then steal the mob for themselves? This idea seems hastily put together without thinking of the actual impact it will have as bad actors find ways to use this mechanism to make it even easier to steal highly contested spawns resulting from turn-ins by just killing whoever spawned it.
  17. code-zero Augur

The player need only have someone else in group somewhere in the zone in order to be assured that they get the loot. I'm not entirely sure how this makes in any easier than DPS racing did.
  18. Daedly Augur

If you ever get bored and want to go one step further by adding a toggle for showing the true numeric value for experience, I know I would love it.
  19. Hadesborne Augur

People were already using those tactics. This change would just eliminate the possibility of the majority of griefers to outright steal the spawned mob. This change takes away to easiest route to griefing and thus makes it more difficult for those individuals to affect others in a negative way.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Time to go kill all mobs to 45% and blur them and wait for the complaints of no exp to roll in....

Stupid idea!