No camps in EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasbis, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Rasbis Lorekeeper

My son and I were playing late last night on Coirnav in Velks. Spent quite a bit of time splitting the entrance lvl spawns as my little monk is only mid 40s. No sooner than we got the place prepared some lvl 65, think he was 65 was anom but red to lvl 52 druid, came in with a whole group of "AFK" toons. Was friendly at first and said he was going to pull to the "ledge." Said he would not interfere with our camp. At first everything was fine. He would pull a dozen mobs past our camp to the ledge. As time went on he became much less picky and would gather everything at the entrance leaving nothing for our small group to hunt. I sent him a tell and stated "I spent considerable effort separating the spawns at this camp." No reply but he did then start hitting my mob with damage as he passed twice gaining agro and pulling to his camp with his other 12 to 20 mobs.

At that point my protest to him was a big stronger. In return he decided that my small group needed to be trained. I have played this game since 2000 so not a big deal, monk fd'd druid zoned out. This though took a stronger protest from me which solicited the response from him "jealous boy." At that point i petitioned him and started filming. Sure enough 2 min later he attempted to train my small group again with the same results.

Now I think he was a bit frustrated. After all big 65 lvl druid can't seem to get the lesser peons killed. So I watched him gather up what looked like every spawned creature in the zone and I figured a massive "train" was coming. What actually happened though is his immaturity got the better of him and we watched him die in front of us BUT out of agro range. He then left.

Now I have no issue with folks PLing friends/family/fellow countryman but really. If you are 20 levels higher than the zone then make arrangements accordingly. Had he taken say the right side of the zone in and arranged mobs with me I would have had no complaint but he continually got greedier and greedier. Being the "big boy" on the block he basically told me to pound sand. I hope I have NEVER treated another gamer like that and never do. Really bad form and looks really bad for others when you are carrying a guild brand like "Fallen Council."
    Skewert likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Used to be a tell to the guild leader would get that player kicked out of the guild for that kind of behaviou. But guilds no longer require their members to uphold social skills or play decently.

We can see the crumbling of human interaction reflected in game play.
    Skewert and Rasbis like this.
  3. Rasbis Lorekeeper

Yes, true back in the day. Having said that I listed the guild here under the hope that a guild member would read it and take some issue with being associated with such behavior. I also want to say until it is proven to me I do not believe "Fallen Counsel" is a bad guild or a group of "me first" players.
  4. Derresh Augur

EQ was intended to be a dungeon crawling game, that's where the old dev "no camps" statement originated. Players seemed to have interpreted it as "its ok to be a " instead.
    Skewert, Cailen, Rasbis and 1 other person like this.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

To be fair, when the rule of the day is open world DPS race with no GM involvement in player disputes...

What did people expect to happen?

It's basically a free license to be an .
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The TLP Experience(tm)!
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This sort of thing happens on the TLP servers and is MUCH more rare on Live servers. The reasons are simple. Each time a TLP server starts up you have a GIANT market to sell camped gear for Real Money Transactions either directly or by selling the plat or kronos made off the sales AND you have a population of players who have not built up plat reserves so resort to paying RL Cash. These servers start out with money grubbers going crazy and disrespecting camps and forcing DPS races. That becomes the norm for the server.

Its the giant lure of RMTs that make the TLP servers as bad as they are for these sorts of behaviors.

Live servers still follow a general play nice policy overall because that has been the norm and and RMTs are not nearly as lucrative as they are on TLP servers.
    Brohg and Rasbis like this.
  8. Bottle Journeyman

And if people don't follow play nice then they get their butt kicked on live regardless if DGB does act or not. The AB botter has his toons now in Revamped Old Sebilis. If he dares to KS again then he will have a hard time to keep his babies alive - a dungeons is really bad for a bot-macro... ;)
    Rasbis likes this.
  9. Rasbis Lorekeeper

That is probably true, I have three 90 lvl toons on povar. While hunting in the HoT dungeon a few months ago I saw a high lvl cleric kept peaking in. At the time my boxing group really was not high enough to take the named out efficiently so I sent her a tell and invited her to come through for the named. It did disrupt my camp somewhat BUT not only was she, her group, considerate of our camp she also threw some nice drops our way.
    Skewert and code-zero like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah my favorite analogy for TLP servers are gold rush camps. Greed turns people nasty. And on TLP Daybreak is the old sheriff who looks the other way because he doesn't want to be shot too.
    Shanarias likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When did this change happen?

Can't say I have seen any changes to camps on live since I started playing 18 years ago. Players still have respect for other players enjoyment of the game, minus a few bad apples who get dealt with.
  12. KermittheFroglok Augur

Ugh, I get so frustrated when I hear about this behavior. This is why I generally play on a low pop Live server, I can’t stand how toxic and rude some TLP players can be even on Cornaiv.
  13. svann Augur

Never had an issue with killstealing. Usually its an error and apologies are made and loot left on corpse.
    Andarriel and Yinla like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty much the behavior I have seen for the last 18 years.
  15. Voxynn Elder

Yep self riotous me first type of players.. sadly some times they can and do ruin play for some people.

Thankfully it's rare on blue servers.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah high pop Live servers aren't toxic...ok general chat sometimes needs to be turned off but that is less and less common. None of the gameplay problems you see on TLP.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

We still get our random person who waits till you wipe then comes in and takes the named you spent 3 hours getting to spawn. Then when you rez and fire back you ask and all you hear is crickets chirping. (If theres a fire by the named that magically appears, you might send a tell and ask) Thats on BB so yeah no more mergers lol gets worse with each one.
    code-zero likes this.