Extended Target Window Key Binding

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by enclee, Jun 12, 2019.

1. enclee Augur

I can't seem to get Extended Target Window Key bindings to show up in my options window for one of my accounts. I've attempted to copy, paste and rename the eqclient.ini file of the functioning character, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm at a loss of what to do here.

Edit: Also the character eqclient.ini has a different amount of lines between client files Character A (broken) 815 lines versus Character B (functioning) 915 lines. These characters are on separate accounts.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

Is it not displayed?
    Agnarr Server LV17 SHM
    Can configure, but need level 20 to use.
    [IMG]

What is your level and server?

Game Update Notes: May 15, 2019
    *** Progression Servers ***
    - Progression servers that have not reached Underfoot now allow players at level 20 and higher to use the Extended Target Window.
  3. Enclee12 New Member

Correct, it is not displayed for Character A but it is displayed for Character B. I’m on FV and level 110. I’ve had it display one time and then disappear from Character A’s menu. I’ve deleted the character client.ini to try and have it remake the file. I have 6 accounts and 3 of them show the Extended Target Window Key binds in the Options Menu, and the other 3 do not.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

It alternates for me. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Check each time you log in.
  5. enclee Augur

Yeah, it seems to be what I'm experiencing but more frequently than not they've disappeared. It's frustrating, they add a high level of functionality and to not be reliable is frustrating.
  6. enclee Augur

Would really like to know what's causing them to randomly be available between log-ins. Now, it's reversed for me Character A has the Extended Target Window keys available but Character B doesn't.

Even tried deleting EQ and doing a fresh install, and upon initial log-in the options were missing. The options are available in eqclient.ini
  7. Dreadmore Augur

I've had this happen to me. what fixed it was reloading defaults (that button on the upper right in the keys tab) and restarting EQ. I've never tested further
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Not gonna lie - I'd rather log all the way in and out 50 times til it showed up than have to remap all my hotkeys.
  9. GNOME_POWER Augur

There may be a difference between TLP only or in combination with LIVE?
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

It's not the toggle that's missing - it's the ability to keybind the window. Instead of the UI filter on the drop down menu, it's on the Target drop down; sometimes there's the slots of the XTW to keybind to, and sometimes there's not. It's hit or miss. Reloading EQ can sometimes make it show up - or you might not see it for the next 30 log ins.
  11. enclee Augur

Yeah that’s exactly what’s happening, it’s not even consistent across my boxed characters. It feels like a random roll, maybe it’ll be 3 out of 6 with the option, bedtime it’ll be 4 or 2 in any combination.
  12. enclee Augur

Yeah, I've tried that it doesn't do anything for me. The only thing that works is camp out and reload, and cross my fingers. Anyways, I've abandoned directly binding to the extended target window and just made macros.
  13. Ownlei Journeyman

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it is still an issue and have good-ish info to add!

The good-ish info:
    I was able to get the Xtar binding to appear without having to reload the client by using the /loadskin command and reloading my UI (works with custom and default UI's)

Details about the issue:
    • Multiple level 115 characters on multiple accounts.
    • All toons on Live/cazic
    • Happened on separate installations (I use multiple installations so I can have separate key bindings)
    • Issue occurs with both custom and default UIs
    • Issue persisted across client restart cycles (restarting 3-4 times did not fix the issue for me)
    • After using the /loadskin work around, the issue would return after client restart cycles for both custom and default UI's
    • using the /loadskin command for either default or custom UI temporarily fixes the issue
    Incorrect UI
    [IMG]
    Correct UI with missing elements highlighted
    [IMG]
    Duder likes this.
  14. Duder Augur

Very, very good info. Is it possible for you to maybe copy paste that info into a bug report in the bugs forum? ;)
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  15. Ownlei Journeyman