First Aid rebalancing ideas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chalkstix, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Chalkstix Journeyman

I like First Aid. It's a nice idea of a skill. That being said, it seems a bit underpowered.
    Healing 1/4 of your skill level per application is probably fine for low levels, but when you get a bit further into the game, it doesn't scale well.
    I would personally suggest that First Aid is either changed to give 1/4 of skill lvl or (skill level)/100% of max hp whichever is higher, and then cap the skill at 300 points.

Another idea could be to give first aid a chance to remove 3/6/9 poison/disease counters, where the chance remains the same, but the amount of cured counters is based on skill level.
    Cadira likes this.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

It would be cool to see it be more useful outside of early TLPs. While there are certainly a million ways you can live your life and never need it, I don't see the harm in making it moderately useful for times when other options aren't available.
  3. Cadira Augur

You'd think they could add in some kind of multiplier to the amount healed by bw once you surpass a certain level. Or add in ranks to first aid that personally add a multiplier and require a high level to buy, that bring's bw out of the stone age for high levels. Or maybe the easiest method is "increases minimum healing by xxxx" and the skill you have multiplies it so you still need a good skill for it to be real useful.

A bandage that takes you out of combat for 10s, making you unable to cast, dps, tank etc should heal you for at least 5% right?
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Heals x% hp of your total per skill level instead of x units of hp would be the sensible thing to make it useful in perpetuity without ever becoming game breaking.
  5. Lianeb Augur

If it doesn’t heal faster than my merc please don’t useless AAs that I will have to put into a depreciated skill