Will they have 4th of July xp bonus?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sekurity, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Sekurity New Member

Good morning,
    Just trying to plan out my weekend. I just came back after a 16 year break, so I'm unsure how they dish out these xp bonus weekends.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They usually do for 2 days. 50%.

That being said we will know for sure on the 4rd of July. No sense in looking at the /calendar since its not close to being updated or correct.

No way to really plan anything in EQ since most stuff is announced on the Friday at noon that it has started happening.

Welcome back!
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

For the record, /calendar is pretty accurate, the last xp weekend (Memorial Day) was Friday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon (EST), and was announced the day before here on the forums.
  4. Numiko Augur

the last few years they have been giving a 76% bonus on the July Long weekend.
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  5. Mintalie Augur

Oh, that's cute.
  6. Jaera Augur

Here's the DB string change for it from the last test patch:

ID: 5082^31
    You'll earn 76% additional experience and faction, and rare enemies will be 76% more likely to appear during the Independence Holiday! In addition, members will receive a 20% Marketplace discount.^0
    You'll earn 76% additional experience and faction, and rare enemies will be 76% more likely to appear!^0

@Prathun: There's been some discussion lately about whether or not bonus rare chances applies in pick zones or not...confirm or deny whether the bonus applies to picks as well?
  7. Machentoo Augur

You should maybe separate that question into "What's supposed to happen" and "What actually happens." Even Prathun is not infallible on the latter, unfortunately.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

That's just going to slow down XP on Phinny in Sanctum Somnium and Morrel's Castle. The rares pop way too much as it is. ;)
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It'd be great if they gave us 4% bonus xp for the 4th.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok to help those who do not live in the US and since this question comes up every year - July 4th is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States on July 4, 1776

1776 = 76% bonus

20% marketplace bonus is still stuck back in 1776. Should be 76% too!!!

And all this happens because DBG is based in USA! And all the employees get the day off - maybe.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  11. Gremin Augur

The 4th is falling on a Thursday this year. So I would expect to see 76% bonus from July 3rd @ Noon Pacific until either July 8th @ Noon Pacific or 9th at Noon pacific. I seriously doubt they will have people in office to turn it off over the weekend.
  12. Geroblue Augur

Its likely they know about computer scripting can turn it off, and all of them at home.
  13. Prathun Developer

Welcome back! Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement.

Bonus events appear on the in game calendar while they are running. Details are often announced ahead of time via social and on our website.

Increased rare spawns appears to work in pick zones.

Thankfully, most bonus events are scheduled and occur automatically, requiring no direct developer intervention.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pretty please, week long not just weekend.

Pretty please with cherries and cream. :)

....and maybe a beer and a sing song. :D
  15. Machentoo Augur

So, just so we are clear... You are asking him to intervene, right after he expressed thanksgiving that he doesn't have to intervene?
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is a request asking him to consider a change.How else do you think changes happen?

I'm not asking him to go into work and manually make the change during the holiday.
  17. Teylana Elder

+1

Some of us actually work the weekends (and even longer hours on holiday weekends) so extending bonus times into the week would help those of us who don't work Monday through Friday, nine to five jobs.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks for your response.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If last year is any basis it will cover more then just the weekend.
  20. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

In game calendar shows 76% bonus to xp, faction, and rares from now until 3pm on Monday the 8th