Characters in box group gaining xp at vastly different rate?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Balthozzar, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Balthozzar Elder

I box three accounts, and my main group is currently a 110 Human Wiz, 110 Barbarian Warrior, and a 107 Human Ranger. I use a healer merc on the Wiz, caster DPS on the Warrior, and a melee DPS on the ranger. The other day when I grinded for a couple of hours, I thought I got a lot more AA on my warrior than the wiz, but didn't pay full attention to where I started from. Today, I did.

I gained 10 AA on my wizard and 20 AA on my warrior. Both were set to 100% AA, both are in the same fellowship with xp sharing turned off. Neither were running any xp potions or Lesson. I really don't know how to explain such a large discrepancy in the amount of xp they are gaining. I'll try again tomorrow to see if it is consistent, but I am beat for today.
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I have noticed small differences between characters, though I've only made it into the 50s so far since coming back. Nothing so drastic as you are experiencing.

Do they have the same number of AA currently? I believe AAxp scales depending on how many you already have, up to a certain point.
  3. Moege Augur

Riou likes this.
  4. enclee Augur

It's always the character that pulls that gets the most experience per kill for my group.
  5. Balthozzar Elder

Yes, I pull with the warrior. From what was said in that thread, it would explain what I've observed. [To summarize for those not willing to follow the link, it seems that they nerfed xp in zones prior to RoS when that expansion came out to encourage people to move on, rather than continue to grind xp in EoK. where things would be easier with new levels and gear like conflagrant. But then the first character to do damage doesn't get the nerf, for some reason.]

I'm just surprised that it is so much of a difference. I get that they don't want people to do their grinding in previous expansions where things are 'easy' by comparison. But I'm wondering if that is negatively affecting people that are doing normal progression through older expansions as well. People that have come back after breaks, leveling up alts, etc. shouldn't be having their xp nerfed as they work through EoK, IMO.

Anyway, it seems that there is an explanation for this, even if I don't really like it.