Fires of Heaven - Everquest AMA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Oh, and thank you. I have met some of you and have enjoyed talking to you. Your passion for the game showed in your choice of words about EQ.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Would it be fair to say that the number of necro DoT questions hit your debuff cap?
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

"41. Are there any plans to increase the operating budget of EQ, or is management's plan to continue to slowly reduce its size from its current "4.5 artists, 5.3 designers, and 5.7 programmers" despite "the fact that the EverQuest team has been continually begging management for 2 additional content designers for multiple years to no avail". (Quotes from Dzarn).

Holly: That’s literally my business, not yours."

The "Absor Smash" has returned and changed hands. Well put!
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

probably just doing hunters lol they can be murder.

Andarriel
  5. suineg Lorekeeper

That’s my fault and I made the decision to keep the duplicates in so that you guys could see how many times. This would give you a frame of reference for the importance.

I actually curated out the 5 or 6 totally troll questions.

I really do appreciate you guys taking the time and yeah I reached out to Holly randomly in chat and she has been great about working with me. This kind of thing can be a PR nightmare and a minefield to navigate. Your answers are well thought out and you dodged some of them in a correct way.
    Boze, code-zero and Grove like this.
  6. Ravishing New Member

Just saw this and that my Q (#45) was answered, with a fairly detailed response. Thank you for the time to answer many of the questions from the FoH community. Although many of us do not play EQ anymore, we still look forward to, and have interest, in the future of EQ.

I look forward to the next "EQ Title".
    Also some of my takeaways which aren't as sugar-coated I'll keep @ FoH:
    https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/everquest-ama-answered.10980/page-2#post-2853488
  7. Absor Developer

My complaining was mostly so that I would have something to write rather than just repeating myself. Of course if people weren't jerks... :)
  8. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I wonder if possibly some of the most toxic FoHers have moved on from that community? I applaud the EQ team for re-approaching and engaging with the questions.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Some are gone, some are banned, some have been replaced with new and improved toxic members; circle of life kind of stuf... Thanks to the EQ team and Suineg (and anyone else involved) for making this happen.
  10. Telkiney Elder

I love the naivete of the people that assume there is not many people playing the current Live servers as compared to or the handful of TLP servers. It's like they forget their are 16 of them at the current 25th expansion, and the subscription numbers for FV accounts alone could rival any of the popular TLPs in their glory.

Additionally the people that must not read patch notes for the amount of work the dev team takes to fix old content bugs and issues to make them better as TLP servers as they ask for new content in old expansions?! o_O .... if you want new content... there is an easy and pretty obvious place to get it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Ravishing New Member

Can you quote who or what you're referring to, because I couldn't find these claims.
    There are questions regarding how dead the PvP servers are, but that's about it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Lheo Augur

Fires of Heaven where the first uberguild in EQ ....ah good old days...
  13. suineg Lorekeeper

I was pretty happy to ensure that the community didn’t disappear.
  14. code-zero Augur

Then why did you all migrate en masse as soon as the first new and shiny thing came along?
  15. Tucoh Augur

I didn't know FoH played asherons call, anarchy online, dark ages of camelot, shadowbane or star wars galaxies.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Wow. They got chased out of lots of games. :)
  17. Nolrog Augur

I thought the AMA was very well done. I miss the days of developer chats (they used to do them much more frequently). I know it takes a lot of time, but I would love to see them do this a lot more often.

Maybe once a quarter, twice a year, something like that. Maybe around the anniversary and around the expansion announcement. Such as in addition to the live stream they do, an AMA (or answer pre-submitted questions in the live stream or something.)
  18. suineg Lorekeeper

There have been quite a few games over the years that we have all played. The guild leader from the early EQ days was Furor and he currently works for Blizzard.

The guild itself and the community that built up around it during that timeframe are separate yet intertwined entities.

I think most people here would agree that the team (and consequently he game) had some issues that needed working out.

We did an AMA with Pantheon as well which went quite well. We are MMO players first and foremost and have touched a ton of games in this genre. Quite frequently we have been a presence beating the launch raids in the top 10%.
    Reht likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

I'll be honest, when I found the AMA my first reaction was, "Huh, that's (FoH) still around?"

I too have played a lot of MMO's and I very much liked the AMA and I'm happy that you all did it. I'm also possibly the only gamer on the planet who hated the WoW character models and despised their influence on the rest of the MMO's that followed :p
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. enclee Augur

You're not alone with that feeling about WoW.
    Elyssanda and code-zero like this.