Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nudia Augur

Maybe low level spells landing was no bueno? I'm not sure, but either way, I can't believe it went un-nerfed, let alone made even a slight bit harder, lol.
    Mintalie likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Yep. It was a bug that the cc effects actually landed. You were always supposed to kill all of them. :p IIRC there is a guild that actually does that (MS?).

But Prathun said he added more specific rules now. Mez and snare will still work, root on mephits won't, and I hope slow doesn't actually land either so that shaman slow won't block other classes from baning flame mephits.
  3. kizant Augur

None of them working on mephits would be great. Less deaths to rooted mephits probably is a fair trade for requiring dps to focus on armors a little longer. But if mez and snare are still going to work on armors then I think that's cool. Overall it would be easier I'm thinking so we got a small nerf like some wanted? At least that's how I'm looking at it now.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

no root, snare, stun, mez..
  5. Allayna Augur

MS kills all the sentinels.
    Axxius likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

It doesn't matter whether you prioritize killing sents over say baning mephits or dps on the boss. Everyone was getting more time to kill based on the CC effects landing and slowing them down whether you wanted that or not.
  7. Raccoo Augur

I don't believe shaman slow was blocking other classes slows from baning.
  8. Maedhros High King

Its frustrating that there are 20 pages of this, and the only thing that was read about and acted upon was the part about using CC methods on the Sentinels.
    This is legitimately going to make this raid harder again.
    The "bonus" of not rooting mephits next to someone anymore, compared to the loss of the ability to root, mez, snare, or stun sentinels is so vastly out of balance out of our favor that the bonus does not even qualify as a silver lining.
    We need concession.
    If you want us to kill sentinels, fine. Implement one of the dozens of good ideas on how to slightly nerf this and then take another so we end up with a product that is in any way slightly easier than it would be to do it today before this patch goes live.
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

1. On mephits, not sentinels. Which led to the discovery of a bug that allowed CC to land on any of them. Prathun has confirmed that they all should have always been immune to CC. But he agreed to allow the currently used methods to work on the sentinels.

2. It had nothing to do with this thread. I don't know if the devs even read it anymore, since it took a whole lot of turns since it was a new discussion. Somebody just followed the tutorial advice: "Hail Prathun and learn about communication" ;)

Stun sentinels?? :eek: If that even works, the resources required to keep them stun-locked at 100% are greater than just dps'ing them to 90% and then killing them with stun.

Mez and snare will still work. I'm not sure about root, since root-locking the sentinels isn't reliable or much better than just killing them.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Axx he didn't mean keep them stun locked at 100.. we get them to 90% and then chain stun/bane til dead (only Breezies)
  11. Tucoh Augur

12. Axxius Augur

Nothing will change about that, or any other sentinel killing. They will keep taking bane damage once reduced to 90% hp, same as before.

The change is about the CC effects actually landing. Namely, root landing on wave mephits making them attack the closest player instead of the most hated. Prathun was surprised to hear that it was happening. All of the adds were supposed to be taking bane damage from the corresponding CC spells, but the CC effects of those spells were not supposed to land on them.

So, in fact, the raid was supposed to be even harder than it is, and everybody was expected to beat it the way MS do - kill them all without perma-locking anything. Imagine that!

But at this point making the event harder, even if it's a bugfix, is not something that Prathun would want to do. So he fixed the bug but made it conditional: some of the CC effects will keep landing (e.g. mez and snare).
  13. Axxius Augur

[IMG]
    If this doesn't help 15+ guilds beat the event, I don't know what will.
    kizant, Sancus, tyrantula and 3 others like this.
  14. Allayna Augur

MS always does it the hard way....it’s kind of our thing, lol.
  15. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Massive Nerf, note to any Guilds looking for their first win, anything after this change will be Asterisk'd
  16. Thrillho Augur

Allayna, you're supposed to drive on the right side of the road.

Allayna: Pfft, if you want to do it the easy way.
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Allayna Augur

Sounds like an exploit.
    Thrillho likes this.
  18. Mintalie Augur

We're all too painfully aware.
  19. Thrillho Augur

Nerf oncoming motorists. They move too quickly and hit too hard!
    Axxius likes this.
  20. Allayna Augur

They must be SKs.

If we were all monks, we wouldn’t get hit at all! Oh wait, that got fixed.
    Thrillho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.