How do I move a boxed group?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sandy100, Jun 10, 2019.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Respectfully: it would appear that you have misunderstood how ISB functions. It does key broadcasting, still have to be pressed by the player. This is legal on Live, and is boxing.

Botting is using “AI”-software to automate gameplay, to a degree where there is no player controlling the toons, this falls under the Unattended Gameplay rule, and is forbidden on all servers.

In between there is a subsegment of players that use the automation software to “co-play” with the “AI”.

This does not break the unattended gameplay-rule, but I am pretty sure it is against the rules.

“AI co play” also seems to make the actual gaming easier, there is a person who post videos on youtube showing it (I don’t think it is permitted to link here).

I would argue that being a good ISBer is harder than being a good tab-boxer, and Tucoh is the best ISBer (I think). It is the highest concentration of decisions while concurrently procesing interdependencies per time unit for a boxer setup, I would argue, especially under the assumption that tab-boxers uses macros, and also loose efficiency in the continous content swapping.

Tl;dr: ISB is not automation, it is key stroke replication.
    Skewert likes this.
  2. I has a bucket New Member

Oh I hadn't thought to do this, good tip! I'm not sure why it works actually. I thought I remember when I first started boxing a couple months ago not initially putting the pause in and it was iffy whether the target would switch before the /follow triggered, hence the pause. The hotkey target switch seems more responsive for some reason?

edit: This was just within a macro, /xtarget 13 followed by /follow.
  3. enclee Augur

Are you sure this is a thing still? I'm not seeing that any extended target window target 1, target 2, etc., in my options menu.

Edit: Nevermind, found out it was jacked up in my eqclient.ini somehow. Found an old thread by Fanra, https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/keymapping-extended-target-window.201645/