How is this even remotely possible?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tiffy31, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Tiffy31 Elder

I have a lvl 90 cleric I dont play anymore but i keep in PoG to periodically check if Tunare might be up. Her gear is all lvl 85 or 90 and she has around 50k health with self buffs. I logged in to a mostly empty zone before lunch and had ONE normal wisp attacking me. I was hungry so just did a quick /ex and went to eat. Few hours later and I wanted to see if the zone had started to respawn but when I logged to character select I noticed I was back in PoK. Thought that was kinda odd but when I logged in I had no buffs and the skull icon in my buff window.

How the hell can ONE mob from level 60 content, that wasnt even end game, kill a lvl 90 geared cleric? I even had Ward of Retaliation up so if anything was beating on me it should have killed itself just from that.
  2. Scorrpio Augur

Check that character's logs...
  3. Tiffy31 Elder

I tried looking in the logs folder but theres nothing there.
  4. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

You would have had to have logs turned on for it to record anything.

It's possible other things aggroed. You don't log out for a little while if you /ex instead of /camp.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

The biggest thing shown for the zone is lvl 75 Fabled Tunare. Maybe she did you in? According to Zam, has a 5k AE that she uses often.
  6. Phiyre Augur

I have had this before, but w/ my ranger when he was in his 90's.. Shouldn't have died but I did. No longer /q /exit if I have aggro as it seems to make your toon do nothing but take excessive amounts of dmg. Thought it took 30 seconds or so to clear out when /exit but guessing that changes if you have aggro :/
  7. code-zero Augur

The made changes to /ex and /q back when Ragefire was a new TLP and people would train camp by using /q
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

a protector of growth?
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5538

The Protectors of Growth or Pogs for short, are on a 25 minute spawn timer. They have a single static spawn, which can produce one or two Protectors. They will appear about 25 minutes after their death, and no - there is no breaking the spawn.

The interesting thing about them is that they have a zone-wide aggro radius. They will attack anyone KOS to them, no matter where they are in the plane. They do not train you with other monsters from the plane however (by virtue of faction).

They do not see invisible, so remaining invis on breakin or CR will keep them from attacking you. They take 2 minutes to run to the south end of the zone and three to run to the north end, and that can be sufficient for casting of pets after invisibility has been dropped.

They have very high magic resistance for their level, the 53+ ones can only be crowd controled by a level 60 enchanter with dictate.
  9. Kolani Augur

Also, remember that if you /qu and something is hitting you, you stay in game until the mob in combat with resolves the conflict.