Test Update 06/11/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Morigaine Elder

- Increased the drop rate of Fate's Accumulator, Weeping Heaven augments, Secret Dawn augments, Whispering Midnight augments, and Blazing Euphoria augments, and Exultant Inhabited Muhbis.

Question about this. Secret dawn augments don’t actually drop (at least in group content). Is this supposed to mean diminished inhabitant muhbis or something else?
  2. Axxius Augur

If your strat relies on actually rooting wave mephits then you are making it harder for yourself. This change will make UEE easier. I see some people assuming that mez or snare will stop working - they are wrong.
    menown likes this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Yes, they do drop, I've seen them all more than once. To be fair, perhaps they shouldn't have the same prefix as player-made augments, but there are four that drop in content (Baraea, Dire, Hikma and Qua).
  4. Morigaine Elder

Ahh ok. That makes sense then. Thanks for clarifying.
  5. Prathun Developer

The UEE raid in Mearatas should be easier after next week's update. There are additional changes to the event that didn't make it into the Test patch or the notes.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Good move.

It's worth considering making at least one super tough raid at release and nerfing it at the start of the anniversary something that is part of the process. There's no need to have this ball-buster raid nobody does after the next expansion comes out, but having a something for raiders to prep to beat every expansion makes the time between expansions more meaningful (aka more retained subs throughout the year) and encourages a more lively community. Everybody is paying attention to guilds progressing through this content instead of just assuming any raiding guild worth its salt will clear the expansion within a couple weeks of accruing enough flags.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Greymantle Augur

8. Mintalie Augur

Just in time for me to remove the noose from around my neck.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

their is allready a long cast on the TL why the change.
    Not only do I have to load it then cast it.
    They removed my drop argo ability from mobs in a early patch.
  10. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Likeee? When will we know those changes?
  11. Windance Augur

If it is not much of a restriction then why implement the restriction in the first place ?

What I would really like to hear is WHY was the change to AE TL implemented in the first place? What problem is it going to solve? How does this change solve the problem when there are so many other gate/evac options left available?

If the answer is people behaving like asshats over camps/loots, no change in game code is going to change that. The only answer is enforcement of the play nice code of conduct.
  12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

AE TL are used to harass during dps races. Moron players click yes on all windows that pop up, causing my side to lose.
  13. Prathun Developer

Work on various aspects of the game happens year round. Raids are being developed right now. In some unusual cases, raids are in development years before they go Live. You only see the results of those efforts during Beta a few months before launch because that's when they're unveiled and focus tested. Generally speaking, the designers who create and test raids are not working on systems. Less generally, the developers who create and test content are not the developers who write code.

Without being close enough to the process to be immersed in the team's tools, talents, process, pipelines, and personal lives, the game's development schedule will always be semi-opaque.
  14. Arraden Augur

I can't quite understand the change to AE TL.
    If it's related to an exploit, please note that we do use it very rarely to avoid wiping and having to wait a LONG(er) time to reset a raid.

But I suppose, it's not a necessity - we can still wipe and recover without it - I just prefer leading a raid with more efficient tools at my disposal.
  15. Meredyth Augur

The availability of a 1000pp per use gate potion in no way justifies nerfing Wizard and Druid class abilities, or removing options from a raid leader’s toolkit.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Though I'm not fond of this change... who's fault is THAT? LOL
  17. svann Augur

Yea you can. You just cant use translocate or teleport to bind. Plenty of other (better) ways out. Drunkard stein, group portal, mage clickie, guildhall anchor (if not wiz), gate potion, and probably a half a dozen others.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

So are charmers not going to be able to be cothed?

IT would be nice if there was some workaround here to allow legit players to take advantage of that. As someone mentioned in seb you could really enjoy the tools of a mage in that scenario for very legitimate reasons.

Perhaps make coth leave the pet in place for the 30 second combat timer. Then if the player was griefing literally anyone has time to dispell numerous times but the legit group can still function with a mild inconvenience.
  19. YellowBelly Augur

As a player that has never played on a TLP I absolutely hate the changes their existence brings to live. Can you please separate live from tlp and revert the changes you have made? Live is not filled with millennial griefers and exploiters and we should not be subject to their disciplinary actions.
  20. Novalok New Member

How will this effect things like the OT Hammer that is a combat activated TP to The Overthere?
    Axxius likes this.